World Cup Bets

saint_stevo

Got any good'uns?

I got £5 on Holland to win/Van P top scorer double @ 100/1 a a few weeks back, now at 33's

Also 5 on-

Spain/Villa- £5@ 14/1 (had a £10 on at 35's in the euro's.........was a nice little earner, how times change)

Argentina/Higuain- £5 @ 40/1 (is 28's in Coral's)

Spain/Villa double at 14/1

Germany/Podolski double at 130/1

USA to go out in the QFs at 5/1

Argentina to beat Nigeria

Spain to beat Switzerland

Germany to beat Australia

France to beat Uruguay

Italy to beat Paraguay

at about 9/1

Plus a few bigger accumulators which will pay thousands if they come out.

He's carrying an injury and has been training on his own.

He's back in full training, ACTUALLY.

(whilst scouring google for a Bendtner thumbs up or smiling image I stumbled across this, that made me laugh. Got to love Arshavin.)

arshavin.gif

Nilmar in top 4 scorers at 10-1, put a tenner on that, scored a few goals in qualifiers and traditionally 4 goals will get you in the top 4 scorers list.

Germany/Podolski is a half decent shout.

Holland/Van Persie is a very very good shout.

Especially when i got 100/1 on the bad boy a few weeks ago.

sell you my betting slip for £200

I've got a £10 accumulator on the group winners, fairly obvious selections:

France, Argentina, England, Germany, Holland, Italy, Brazil, Spain. Returns about £320.

Also gone for a Goliath on the same selections, which should cover me nicely if one or even two of those make a mess of it. 247 lines at 10p a line, returns just under £200.

Good odds for a bloke who doesn't usually start ?

Perhaps, but for a player of Tevez's quality, he doesn't need many opportunities to get goals. I haven't bet on it, it just jumped out at me.

Incidentally, off topic of the World Cup, but on topic of betting, I've had a flutter on Redknapp being the next Liverpool boss. Whilst I tend to think he's stick with Tottenham now he's got them into Europe, I wouldn't be suprised to see him jump ship.

France, Argentina, England, Germany, Holland, Italy, Brazil, Spain. Returns about £320.

Also gone for a Goliath on the same selections, which should cover me nicely if one or even two of those make a mess of it. 247 lines at 10p a line, returns just under £200.

I have the same bet with Paraguay to win the group instead of Italy... dodgy but pays big.

May have to do one with Italy in aswell and do a 'goliath' - how would one go about doing that?

I have the same bet with Paraguay to win the group instead of Italy... dodgy but pays big.

May have to do one with Italy in aswell and do a 'goliath' - how would one go about doing that?

On the Ladbrokes site, you just select the 8 group winners, and then on the mini-slip on the right it shows the type of bets you can have and a box to put the stake... the Goliath one is at the bottom. With Ladbrokes, the maximum stake per line is £19.51, which would be a total stake of £4,818.97, but paying out a potential £36,144.50 :o

Needless to say, I went nowhere near that amount :lol:

On the Ladbrokes site, you just select the 8 group winners, and then on the mini-slip on the right it shows the type of bets you can have and a box to put the stake... the Goliath one is at the bottom. With Ladbrokes, the maximum stake per line is £19.51, which would be a total stake of £4,818.97, but paying out a potential £36,144.50 :o

Needless to say, I went nowhere near that amount :lol:

Just as well otherwise we'd all be wondering exactly where our fivers were going, oops too late Mr Grant has moved abroad :D

Anybody got any tips for top team goalscorers. So far I have Novakovic (Slovenia), Mphela (SA) and Jong Tae-Se (North Korea), if I add Bendtner to that, from £20 I get a return of £2526.

Before I confirm I'm looking for a couple more tips.

I did exactly this in 2002, got 1 group winner out of 8 and won about £80 betting on the extremely obvious "Senegal to try really hard against nervous France and maybe beat them" opening game at 9/1.

My "obvious surprise result" for this World Cup involves France losing to pretty much everyone as well, and South Korea comfortably beating Nigeria and Greece to line up an easy second round match and trip to the QFs.

Anybody got any tips for top team goalscorers. So far I have Novakovic (Slovenia), Mphela (SA) and Jong Tae-Se (North Korea), if I add Bendtner to that, from £20 I get a return of £2526.

If North Korea score at all, it'll be Jong. The problem is whether they'll score.

Greece would probably be Gekas (if they score at all) and i would argue Anelka for France.

Was going to do the same' date=' the only one I'm not sure about is Brazil.[/quote']

I think Brazil will top their group though it will not be easy, I reckon Mexico and Uruguay could give the French a hard time and at around 11/10 to win the group I'd be swerving France.

One of the group favourites will screw up , they always do(i don't actually know if this is true).

One of the group favourites will screw up , they always do(i don't actually know if this is true).

Hence why I've gone for the Goliath with the same selections as well. I'm very confident that at least 7 of the 8 group favourites will do enough to win their group, and if that's the case, that'll give me a decent profit. France are the only slightly dodgy one for me, but it depends on Uruguay performing, and they're just as inconsistent at the moment.

About to place an accumulator, just not sure to do about France/Uruguay/Mexico.

Edit: Can someone decide for me please?!

If in doubt, look at each of the squads on paper. France's squad looks excellent, they're just hampered by a retarded manager.