Corden vs Stewart

SuperMikey

Must admit, I did post this thread up without watching the clip, and now I have watched it, Stewart just came across as trying to be funny but failing miserably. However, if Corden was a professional, he would've just laughed or something and let Stewart get on with presenting the award rather than try and spin it back on him. Notice Corden's reaction when a couple of 'glamorous' people (ie people devoid of rudimentary logic and intellect) are clapping him for his comeback. Laps it up like he's Jesus or something!

I'd like to see how far he can get in his career by flashing his belly every 2 minutes as well, fairly sure SRS relied on his talent rather than his morbid obesity, annoying catchphrases and high-pitched girly voice.

That's what I saw at first when I read that post. Proper ROFL moment!

seen video now,

PS tried to be funny, failed miserably, JC's comment about dying was clearly about his failure to find a punch line or get a laugh.

If you can't take it, doen't give it out (particularly to commedians!)

JC totally owned PS.

I'm sorry supermikey.....I like you, I really do, but your thread opener followed by this other post that I have quoted must surely highlight your complete f*cking idiocy? You have made a complaint about something without having watched it first? I am completely stumped why you would do such a thing. From what I have seen of your posts, you're not the run of the mill SWF retard, but this has to be one of THE most stupidest things anyone has posted on here for a very long time. How can you complain about something that you haven't even seen? You've let yourself down and I am thoroughly disappointed in you.

I know, i've turned into exactly what I hate. I'm just like all those people who jumped on the bandwagon during 'Sachsgate' and turned against Ross and Brand without actually seeing what happened :(

Tbf, I may not have watched the clip, but I don't think there were any points in the OP that I needed to watch the clip to raise, the quotes were clear in the article (which I read) and that's what I commented on. Sorry to have disappointed you though Wiltsy.

......I've just realised as I was about to press 'Submit Reply' that I was talking to Wiltshire Saint, so allow me to say T1TTYF^CKINGAR5EWEASEL just to detract from the seriousness of my above reply.

I don't mind Corden. Seems like a decent bloke. Perhaps not as funny as the BBC think he is but I enjoyed his Sports relief stuff, actually thought he was not a bad actor either before he turned into Smithy.

It is a shame he has become typecast. He is obviously not Smithy, but that's what he is famous for.

He should of stayed low key, the fact he is now so mainstream it gets naff and boring.

Don't get me wrong, a friend met him at a West Ham match and apparently he was full of banter and had time for photo's.

This who handbags thing is fueled by Stewart trying to be funny.

Can't fault his piece in todays Times, seems a down to earth guy, maybe he is self-conscious about the way he looks.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/article7146271.ece

he's a lying bastard that's what he is!

"I don’t mind when people come up and say: “All right, Smithy!” I like that they like the show. My reply is usually: “Ello, fella!”, said in an accent a little more ****ney than any of my family would recognise. I then find myself engaging in ridiculous banter, saying things I’d never normally say. I’ll point at a man sat at the bar and say something like: “Phew, I don’t fancy yours much!” He cracks up, I laugh a little too hard and all the time I feel a bit lost inside. Why can I not just be myself? I think this as I push away the pint the man has just purchased for me and take a sip of my vodka cranberry. "

******** - he drinks (or at least used to) in my mate's local in Crouch End. And while he might have a certain number of strangers sidling up to him he's normally sat at the bar playing Johnny big ******** and making sure that everyone knows he's famous.

The guy is a grade A tosser.

It seems most peoples problem towards James Corden is that he happens to be overwight yet is enjoying fame and success. I dont think Corden is among the elite when it comes to British writers, actors and comedians but the fact is he wrote a Smash Hit along with Ruth Jones in Gavin and Stacey which lasted 3 series and yet the public are crying out for more. Fair play to him, he knew when to stop. Another thing worth noting is I'm sure Patrick Stewart has a whole raft of overweight fans, so why he felt the need to bring up an issue such as weight and risk alienating his more portly fans is beyond me. Both of them were guilty of indulging in one-upmanship but Stewart started it and Corden dealt with it better but it really should never have happened.

Nothing against Corden, he is funnier than alot of you give him credit for and wrote one of the most succesful comedy shows of the last few years, i think people just get tired of him as he is on every other show right now.

Stewart got owned though. Tvat

corden isnt funny and he showed that he isnt really the jovial chracter he tries to portray, usually comedians laugh this stuff off, not get their back up. Frankie boyle would have had a decent comeback.

No he wouldnt, he would probably have said.

"**** off you dried up old ****" or something 'controversial' like that.

seen video now,

PS tried to be funny, failed miserably, JC's comment about dying was clearly about his failure to find a punch line or get a laugh.

If you can't take it, doen't give it out (particularly to commedians!)

JC totally owned PS.

Yep, that's how I read it. Think the OP missed the point.

Agree, his post World Cup show is awful, he just talks endlessly like a nervous housewife on speed. The jokes tend to miss their mark, but at least having Ms Crouch gives him a witless comedy foil.

I don't care what weight he is. He simply isn't funny. Also, is is just me, or is Gavin & Stacey overrated. Sure it's funny in parts, but it's hardly laugh a minute, it's overacted, and doesn't have the clever situations or cringe factor of say the Office of Peep Show. Obviously it's better than 90% of the dross they call comedy (anyone see BBC 3's Scallywagga?), but is being vaguely palatable really enough to be given your own show. Let's face it, he's in his thirties, and seems to still be stuck with the 'Nuts/Zoo/Loaded' humour of a misogynist 17 year old. Again, I don't care what weight he is.

Agree, his post World Cup show is awful, he just talks endlessly like a nervous housewife on speed. The jokes tend to miss their mark, but at least having Ms Crouch gives him a witless comedy foil.

I don't care what weight he is. He simply isn't funny. Also, is is just me, or is Gavin & Stacey overrated. Sure it's funny in parts, but it's hardly laugh a minute, it's overacted, and doesn't have the clever situations or cringe factor of say the Office of Peep Show. Obviously it's better than 90% of the dross they call comedy (anyone see BBC 3's Scallywagga?), but is being vaguely palatable really enough to be given your own show. Let's face it, he's in his thirties, and seems to still be stuck with the 'Nuts/Zoo/Loaded' humour of a misogynist 17 year old. Again, I don't care what weight he is.

+1. Never watched a single episode of Gavin & Stacey.

Is it just me or is James Corden on every f**king show on TV at the moment. He's even in the number 1 single in the charts, not even doing anything. He's just stood there dancing like a mong and hugging Dizzie Rascal. F**k off!

Brilliant description of JC. Brilliant.

Nice work by Corden on that clip. He has never claimed to be a comedian, he played the role of Smithy as an actor and co-wrote the series to much acclaim.

Stewart is clearly jealous that no-one gives a f*ck about him anymore, apart from the bed wetting trekkies that are still out there ironing their wall posters.