New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

I am ****ing cringing at some of the names linked: Megson, Brown, Blackwell, Ince, Dowie, Sven and I'm not exactly excited at the mention of Zola.

Martin O'Neil, would be a massive coup but just really can not see that happening, would be amazed.

Thats the only name that jumps out at me, would be ok with any of these but not all likely:

Paul Lambert

Lee Clark

Eddie Howe

Gus Poyet

Kevin Keegan

Alan Shearer - tad concerned about defensive organisation.

Michael Laudrup

Alan Curbishley

Steve Clarke

Still a bit shocked at the timing of this, interesting to see what Pardew has to say.

why is it that if Saints have a new manager he will take time to get results, yet if it is our opponents they will beat us as they have the "new manager" effect?

This effect is normally short-lived, typically one game, although to be honest I can't remember this effect ever working with Saints when we had a new manager, and we've had a lot of them.

Far too risky getting an unproven manager if we want to get out of this division this season. I hope to god it's not Zola. Not sure who I'd plump for though, although at least Howe has had a season and a bit in charge and has proved he can get a club promotion, and Tisdale is an obvious choice at our current level. Wouldn't be surprised if Hoddle makes a reappearance.

I would weep with joy if Martin O'Neill came here. Unlikely, but one is allowed dream! Its possible he'd want to take on a new challenge though. His enthusiasm for the game is second to none. I'm also surprised no one has mentioned Strach yet! Things are clearly not working for him at Middlesboro and its possible he could be lined up for a return to Saints!

They're the only 2 names that would excite me following this mess. Feel so gutted for Pardew at the moment. Im also worried about the negative impact this could have on the squad, given that most of the squad are his signings. Bloody hell. Never a dull moment supporting this club!

Dont want Strachan back, would most probably destroy this squad and sign the leftovers from Scotland that he couldn't get a Boro! He's one of those managers at the moment who should be doing alot better than he is with the quality of players at his disposal. He's had roughly the same amount of time as Pardew and hasn't done much different. Last season, he took a side in the top 4 to well outside the playoffs, while Pardew took a team hugely lacking confidence, on -10 points and built a team of promotion contenders.

This year, Strachan splashed the cash in the window, spent more than Pardew and they are 16th after playing one more game than us and on the same amount of points.

I don't think that Strachan would be the one for us now, possibly back when the Swiss took over, but not now IMO.

A change of manager at this stage of the season is normally a step back.

Over the last season-and-a-bit, AP has assembled a squad of players that fit his bill...whether it gets 100% support of Saints Forum or not, that's the way he will have built the squad.

A new manager comes in and finds that he wants to play a slightly different way (inevitably) and, surprise surprise, hasn't got exactly the righjt tool box set-up for the job he wants to do.

Fitting of round pegs into square holes normally ensues, followed by disgruntlement of the old manager's chosen men, followed by ..... (insert your own conclusion here)

Sorry to contradict you, but it worked for Norwich last season, did it not.

Yeah but he had more than 1 day in the transfer market. That's even if a manager comes in as early as today! If he comes in afterwards, then he has to work with what Pardew has created and use the loan market to get some young players in.

I wish people would stop using Norwich as an example. They had a novice manager in charge, who'd just been relegated (ok not his fault, but still) and had the team in complete disarray. They got completely thrashed 7-1 at home, they had sunk as low as they possibly could.

In our situation, last season our manager had us in title-winning form and (barring the poor start and the -10) we would have gone up. The point is, whereas Norwich could only improve by changing their manager, it's entirely possible that we could get worse by changing ours

It happened alot at QPR (i'm sure our resident QPR fan will pick me up on this if wrong) - they had a few Italian imports that the manager didn't scout. It's the European scouts that give the heads up on these sort of things, and luckily Cortese has a few links at Italian clubs and with Italian agents.

I look at us now and see '''QPR'' - i remember thinking what nutters they were when they kept changing managers and expecting instant success. Thankfully they've toned down a bit now.

The manager wasnt in charge of signing players, Flav the control freak was in charge and the similarities to NC are clear to see. He got such a bad reputation that Paul Hart was the only manager who would accept the job. Its no coincidence that Flav leaving and Warnock arriving has seen us go to the top of the table.

I dont think Saints will go anywhere until NC is gone, a puppet manager wont be any good and a good manager will have lots or argument with him over control of the club and signings.

Saints now have the reputation QPR had a year ago, a total nutter in charge.

The manager wasnt in charge of signing players, Flav the control freak was in charge and the similarities to NC are clear to see. He got such a bad reputation that Paul Hart was the only manager who would accept the job. Its no coincidence that Flav leaving and Warnock arriving has seen us go to the top of the table.

I dont think Saints will go anywhere until NC is gone, a puppet manager wont be any good and a good manager will have lots or argument with him over control of the club and signings.

Saints now have the reputation QPR had a year ago, a total nutter in charge.

Something with Italians then!

who is your chairman now?

80% of the posts are fine, what point you making?

That they are saying that if EH left it would effect his "god" status?

Why would it. They are the team with the inferiority complex about us.

Also, the way I read it they are quite happy that we have sacked AP, as it will, they hope have a detrimental effect on promotion.

That is my point

Something with Italians then!

who is your chairman now?

The guy in charge is Ishan Saksena and the money is coming from the Mittals so now its the Indians running the show.

Communication with the fans has also improved, prices came down, basically everything got better because we didnt have a megalomaniac in charge that made decisions by himself, fired people and ****ed off just about everyone else. There was a real bad feeling around the club with players, employees and fans really unhappy.

Ill tell you how pathetic it was, we had a black cat as a mascot, Italians dont like black cats so it was changed to a tiger who always got booed. The game after Flav left the mascot pulled out a mini black cat from his sleeve and got a big cheer, hed have been sacked for doing that if Flav was there.

I think the atmosphere is probably pretty similar at SMS.

My logic says it would have to be someone who WASN'T available before the season kicked off, as there's no sense to sacking AP after three games unless someone is now available who wasn't at the start of the season...

Surely if it was already on NC's agenda to get rid of Pardew, he would at least want his new man to have pre-season, sign his own players etc?

Hope & pray it's Martin O'Neill, but can't believe NC will manage to pull that off. Got a funny feeling they're already signed up and will be unveiled on Tuesday, can't believe NC would fire Pard's (at this stage) without his replacement already on board.

This needs to be an exciting big name! If it's someone like Curb's I will be very very dissapointed...

P.S. O'Neill is now third favourite on Skybet at 6/1

The guy in charge is Ishan Saksena and the money is coming from the Mittals so now its the Indians running the show.

Communication with the fans has also improved, prices came down, basically everything got better because we didnt have a megalomaniac in charge that made decisions by himself, fired people and ****ed off just about everyone else. There was a real bad feeling around the club with players, employees and fans really unhappy.

Ill tell you how pathetic it was, we had a black cat as a mascot, Italians dont like black cats so it was changed to a tiger who always got booed. The game after Flav left the mascot pulled out a mini black cat from his sleeve and got a big cheer, hed have been sacked for doing that if Flav was there.

I think the atmosphere is probably pretty similar at SMS.

That sounds like exactly what's happening here.

what a nightmare

My logic says it would have to be someone who WASN'T available before the season kicked off, as there's no sense to sacking AP after three games unless someone is now available who wasn't at the start of the season...

Surely if it was already on NC's agenda to get rid of Pardew, he would at least want his new man to have pre-season, sign his own players etc?

Hope & pray it's Martin O'Neill, but can't believe NC will manage to pull that off. Got a funny feeling they're already signed up and will be unveiled on Tuesday, can't believe NC would fire Pard's (at this stage) without his replacement already on board.

This needs to be an exciting big name! If it's someone like Curb's I will be very very dissapointed...

P.S. O'Neill is now third favourite on Skybet at 6/1

Probably just hopefull saints fans ptting bets on

All bets off. Zola has dropped from 10/1 to 5/2 fav. It is looking on.

Doesn't mean anything. They closed the book on WGS becoming Leeds manager when he left us back in 2004...never happened and nor was it ever gonna happen. Truth is, no-one has a clue who that bonkers chairman is going to appoint

knee jerk.....its his first sacking and we dont know whos coming in yet.

When Cortese has sacked ten managers in two weeks then it will be QPR mark2!!!

It's not a knee jerk, it's not just about the sacking of the manager - it's about all the other rubbish that is going on at the club at the moment. Generally, it all stinks.

I have know idea who is lined up but I do not want to see martin o'neil at the club. I think he is a whinging son of a *****. but then again some on here will take to him like a duck to water.

I Trust in NC someone decent is lined up.

I think the sad and untimely death of markus delayed this annoucement

That said thanks Alan for bringing back the good times to St Mary's