New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

I just dont think a british guy will take this job on if he does not have full control over tranfers etc.

If it is going to be based on a continental style of management where a coach will be installed rather than a manager, it is more likely that a continental coach will be appointed, so my money is on Zola.

It's not a knee jerk, it's not just about the sacking of the manager - it's about all the other rubbish that is going on at the club at the moment. Generally, it all stinks.

fair enough.....but this could be the best thing in the long term......

Im sorry to see Pards go and IMO the only 2 i can think of that would tick all the boxs to replace him are Martin Oneill (unlikely) and Glenn Hoddle. ( much more likely). Glenn has openly admitted he has "unfinished business" at SFC and while some have still not forgiven him for doing the unthinkable on us at least he has the undoubted credentials for us to succeed.....if he REALLY wants the job i say give it to him . Anyone with lesser proven credentials would be a massive step backwards.

It will be either zola, Coleman, southgate or dowie i bet. People like o neil won't go to a third division club. Only big names who would drop down the divisions to take over us would be doing so for the money, we don't need people like that. We need someone with the ambition to do well. Someone like Howe would be ideal.

Was O' Neill at the Orient game? If he was it's a very strong clue. Also Cortese will clearly be looking for a long term replacement capable of taking us to, and keeping us in the Prem - that is the plan after all. O' Neill really fits and would be the only appointment that the majority of fans would see as an improvement on Pardew. Then again it could be Burley....

Was O' Neill at the Orient game? If he was it's a very strong clue. Also Cortese will clearly be looking for a long term replacement capable of taking us to, and keeping us in the Prem - that is the plan after all. O' Neill really fits and would be the only appointment that the majority of fans would see as an improvement on Pardew. Then again it could be Burley....

Lots of people are saying he was, but i'm yet to see any concrete proof. Wasn't that the same game Benjani was seen in the stands as well? ;)

Its unlikely this sacking has taken place without a replacement " in the wings", more or less ready to step in immediately......I would guess Wednesday . Also, given AP's overall success level I would expect someone of considerable stature. Otherwise it looks an odd decision at best!! O'Neill?......possibly..........Curbishley...possibly. Can't think of anyone else that would overwhelm me with enthusiasm.

One manager not really mentioned yet - Tony Mowbray?

he got west brom playing a lovely style (goes along with what Cortese wants Southampton to be playing like.) and most of their success recently was down to what he built there.

I think he'd be a terrific manager at L1/Champ level.

he got west brom playing a lovely style (goes along with what Cortese wants Southampton to be playing like.) and most of their success recently was down to what he built there.

Good spot !

certainly would fit the playing style vision and is a good manager to boot

''Despite the large changes in his squad, Mowbray won the Championship Manager of the Month award in September 2007, after Albion gained 13 out of the maximum 15 points and climbed to 2nd in the Division.[9] At the start of 2008, Mowbray's young Albion team topped the table, receiving growing plaudits from the media[10] and supporters[11] alike for their attractive brand of attacking one touch passing football, a reflection of Mowbray's staunch footballing philosophy.[12] Mowbray guided West Brom to the Football League Championship title, meaning promotion to the Premier League and reached the semi-final of the FA Cup.'

only managers I can think of that will definately win more games than pards are:keegan(check his record), o neill( not likely), coppell(retired) and curbishley( his record is v good) left west ham in fifth and worked miracles to keep pards team up.

Wouldn't be adverse to Curbs but seems very similar to Pardew. Think it'll be a foreigner.

Curbishley was good , but has been out of management for two years and turned down other jobs. Reckon his fire has gone and prefers the tv studio to rainy training grounds in November.

Edited by buctootim

I have to say that would work IMO.

Would be happy with

Chris Coleman

Martin O'Neil (not likely imo)

Glenn Hoddle

Gareth Southgate

Alan Shearer

wouldnt be happy with

Gianfranco Zola

Ian Dowie

Tony Mowbray

along with most of the others listed in this thread fwiw

You would rather have shearer over Zola? Why?

Would be happy with

Chris Coleman

Martin O'Neil (not likely imo)

Glenn Hoddle

Gareth Southgate

Alan Shearer

wouldnt be happy with

Gianfranco Zola

Ian Dowie

Tony Mowbray

along with most of the others listed in this thread fwiw

Why would you be happy with Shearer but not Mowbray?

Surprised no one saw fit to post that earlier.

Unless they did and I missed it as I was away.Perhaps someone can post me a link to the spotting of MON after the Orient game if posted previously.

The club has shown in the transfer market that they buy players that are suited to L1 and that will in theory get us promoted. Examples:

Lambert

Barnard

Hammond

Fonte

So I'd expect NC to go for a manager who has proven themselves in L1 already or are proving themselves right now. Names that come to mind:

Danny Wilson

Lee Clarke

Eddie Howe

I'd got for Lee Clarke. It would be a similar appointment to Paul Lambert to Norwich last year; poach a good young manager from a smaller club.