New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Corsacar Saint may be onto something.

I have had a name given to me but asked not to disclose. Like CS says, he is English. If it does not happen in the next day or so it could be just speculation but in any event I am going to stick to my previous promise not to put information I receive up on this site.

20 questions? Go on....

1. Is he working at the moment?

I have had a name given to me but asked not to disclose. Like CS says, he is English. If it does not happen in the next day or so it could be just speculation but in any event I am going to stick to my previous promise not to put information I receive up on this site.

well, youve covered your ar5e there either way ;)

All I can say is that he is English.[The imformation may not be correct anyway.]

Is this somebody who quite his job just over a fortnight ago, Andy? If so I don't think he is in the running for the manager's job (which could well be Zola, since the source previously gave us do Prado), but for that of the Sporting Director. Do we think that NC is working entirely from his own limited knowledge of football, or has he been adviced by somebody already.

My guess, which I wrote on another thread, is that we will not only get a manager, but a new structure in place, and that it might be one or two of the coaches who are not quite yet in place.

So it's definitely McLaren then?

PM?

Why do people feel the need to post things like this if they cannot or will not say anything? What is the ****ing point?

Not really, but if NC wants promotion this year, it has to be someone who will deliver!! And most of the dross that has been mentioned won't achieve that!!

I think the most realsaitic and decent one out there is Tony Mowbray. Out of a job, just got his payout from Celtic i believe so is fresh for a new challenge. He worked within a ''DOF'' structure at West Brom along with Mark Venus and Simon Hunt.

He plays only one way - fast, one touch attacking football and likes to bring through young players. West Brom were fantastic to watch when he was there, maybe a little fragile at the back, but certainly not boring to watch.

Is this somebody who quite his job just over a fortnight ago, Andy? If so I don't think he is in the running for the manager's job (which could well be Zola, since the source previously gave us do Prado), but for that of the Sporting Director. Do we think that NC is working entirely from his own limited knowledge of football, or has he been adviced by somebody already.

My guess, which I wrote on another thread, is that we will not only get a manager, but a new structure in place, and that it might be one or two of the coaches who are not quite yet in place.

Whats the point of putting this up , put up or shut up.Attention seeking or what

Could you put it on another site then & we could all go over there and see who it is! ;)

Are you sure it is for the manager's position, Ron?

What does this achieve? Either say who or keep it to yourself, it justs frustrates people, (me included) not to know what you do.

I think the most realsaitic and decent one out there is Tony Mowbray. Out of a job, just got his payout from Celtic i believe so is fresh for a new challenge. He worked within a ''DOF'' structure at West Brom along with Mark Venus and Simon Hunt.

He plays only one way - fast, one touch attacking football and likes to bring through young players. West Brom were fantastic to watch when he was there, maybe a little fragile at the back, but certainly not boring to watch.

I agree !! but have a feeling it will be Zola, with the rumours from last weekend... not sure if he would be the best option though..

I'm wondering if Burley could be tempted back here now the old regime are gone. He got us into the playoffs in a division higher let's not forget.

Burley is English. Unfortunately, I have no qualms breaking my sources confidence as he doesn't read SWF and I have already named the new man. And he's Italian.

Kevin Keegan would love it, just love it, if he could take the club to the Premiership promised land. He would crawl over broken glass from the Northern sh*thole he is probably in at the moment, and would be just round the corner from Mickey Channon's stables at Ilsley.

why bother

italian?

did well for a while at west ham, even his failure involved keeping them up while in a complete mess. yeah, they were rubbish, but imagine if we'd stayed up despite being rubbish. he's young, intelligent and has a lot of contacts, and probably brings and excellent coach with him. would be very happy with him.

He did OK at West Ham, they stayed up by 5 points. Pardew got West Ham promoted and was seconds away from winning them the FA Cup.

Zola may do well but he would be a big gamble. Being a big name is an asset in that it attracts players but it ends there, he might not be a very good League 1 manager despite being Italian and having a cool sounding name.

I don't often grace you with my presecnce on here, but I have a serious worry that I need to get off my chest.

Last night on MoTD2, the perma-tanned grinning tw*t that is Phil Brown, mentioned that he was looking for a "project" to tempt him back into the game. Not a job, or a position or a post or even a hot-seat, but a "project."

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Sorry if it's already been aired, but I can't read 11 pages of this stuff.

Beckham - player manager!!