New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

with some of the names being talked about. i am a litte surprised pearson isnt being linked more.

"coach" type manager (if DOF rumours were to be true). won league one title, took leicester into playoff year later. exactly what nicola is demanding

and person may well fancy it, unfinsihed business etc etc, and lets be honest hull are ****ed financially. we may sound a temping prospect

oh yeah and went 'ill' suddenly friday

pure speculation like everything else though

Because Corsacar Saint was receiving abuse just as Duncan Holly was a while back so I thought I would back him up. Reason I will not mention a name (may be wrong anyway but fits with what Corsacar was saying) is in my posting history. That is all.

The so called abuse is because of the teasing. No need to name sources, but name the manager. If you can't or don't want to then don't make the post, it just riles people.

I do not think for one minute we will bring a manager back or that it will be someone who was a star for the club as a player in the past. The reason for this is the NC does not really warm himself to the ex players of the club. It will be someone completely new, young and someone who can cope with the premier league. I just feel that NC wants to make the change now so he does not have to again in the Premier league. IMO.

I have not based this on anything I may or may not have heard, seen or think I have heard or seen.

I'd be content with Zola. I'm sure he's learnt some valuable lessons after being dumped in the deep end of a failing Premier League club. Dropping down a couple of divisions to start again would be good for him and us IMO.

I'd be equally happy with Mowbray and excited, however long it lasted, with Keegan.

Any of those names at a third division club would be more than acceptable for me.

Whoever it is gets my support.

Strachan would not answer to NC and frankly he didn't leave us in a great shape when he left.

Football is a pretty close-knit community, and with Cortese's growing 'reputation' in the game I don't expect any big names or people who want be given a degree of autonomy to be interested.

I suspect we're back in the Lowe era of low-grade 'yes men' or unknown lower-league foreigners. How ridiculous.

Football is a pretty close-knit community, and with Cortese's growing 'reputation' in the game I don't expect any big names or people who want be given a degree of autonomy to be interested.

I suspect we're back in the Lowe era of low-grade 'yes men' or unknown lower-league foreigners. How ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

what exactly makes you 'suspect' this?

I suspect we're back in the Lowe era of low-grade 'yes men' or unknown lower-league foreigners. How ridiculous.

im sure you are right, but doesn't it show how archaic football is. Perhaps football needs to change and not other people. I doubt it will though

another thing.... Arsene Wenger was pretty much an unknown lower-league foreigner - and he hasn't been that shabby

with some of the names being talked about. i am a litte surprised pearson isnt being linked more.

"coach" type manager (if DOF rumours were to be true). won league one title, took leicester into playoff year later. exactly what nicola is demanding

Totally agree. If Martin o'Neill isn't to be lured to the South Coast, which admittedly is highly unlikey, I'd really like Nigel Pearson or Tony Mowbray.

I'd facking love to see Pearson back here and have no doubt he'd take us back to the promised land. Cant believe how his name hasn't been mentioned more on these threads. Leicester walked this league with him in charge 2 seasons back, and he was damn unlucky not to follow that up with back to back promotions. He's definitely a manager who's going all the way to the top imo. One of the worst decisions of Lowe's reign was to get rid of him, but we wont get into that. Given that we have a lot more resources than they had, and the fact that Hull are financially ****ed at the moment, he may well be tempted to give us another go! Here's hoping...

No he wasn't??? He managed a very successful Monaco side and before arsenal he had a stint at grampus 8 finishing runners up in the league and winning the Japanese national cup.

he said himself a while back arsenal were mad to appoint him as he was a relative unknown...anywho.....back on topic.... 23:23 anouncement tonight?

Anybody except Diego Maradona.

My guess someone who has managed for a while & understands the whole integrated club style I thgink we are trying to build. Coannot see NC wanting someone new unless we see the DOF role.

No ideas at all

No%252BEye%252BDeer%252BP.jpg&h=94&w=105&usg=__-qFTzxyVAMbSTuVS464Q9xLxhVY=

introducing Mr No Eyed Deer ... our new manager.

Phil you are so ITK!!

[quote=ericofarabia;

introducing Mr No Eyed Deer ... our new manager.

Phil you are so ITK!!

Actually I am so full of Real Ale right now thanks very much. Only Greene King Abbot but ahhhh.

Bloomin chilly wind out there.Will wave as I fly over your head on the way down during the week from my command post up here in the frozen north

Don't think there is anyone on there i'd actually want in preference to Pardew. I hope our new manager is someone not on this list.

Gianfranco Zola 4/1

Paul Tisdale 5/1

Eddie Howe 6/1

Glenn Hoddle 7/1

Gareth Southgate 8/1

Phil Brown 10/1

Tony Mowbray 10/1

Ian Dowie 14/1

Jim Magilton 14/1

Alan Shearer 16/1

Chris Coleman 16/1

Paul Jewell 16/1

Dean Wikins 16/1

Steve Clarke 16/1

Dennis Wise 16/1

Alan Curbishley 20/1

Paul Ince 20/1

Gary Megson 20/1

Kevin Blackwell 20/1

Micky Adams 22/1

Steve Coppell 25/1

Kevin Keegan 25/1

Chris Wilder 25/1

Alan Knill 28/1

Jim Gannon 28/1

Martin O'Neill 33/1

Jeff Kenna 33/1

Dan Petrescu 40/1

Carlton Palmer 66/1

Matthew Le Tissier 100/1

Don't think there is anyone on there i'd actually want in preference to Pardew. I hope our new manager is someone not on this list.

Gianfranco Zola 4/1

Paul Tisdale 5/1

Eddie Howe 6/1

Glenn Hoddle 7/1

Gareth Southgate 8/1

Phil Brown 10/1

Tony Mowbray 10/1

Ian Dowie 14/1

Jim Magilton 14/1

Alan Shearer 16/1

Chris Coleman 16/1

Paul Jewell 16/1

Dean Wikins 16/1

Steve Clarke 16/1

Dennis Wise 16/1

Alan Curbishley 20/1

Paul Ince 20/1

Gary Megson 20/1

Kevin Blackwell 20/1

Micky Adams 22/1

Steve Coppell 25/1

Kevin Keegan 25/1

Chris Wilder 25/1

Alan Knill 28/1

Jim Gannon 28/1

Martin O'Neill 33/1

Jeff Kenna 33/1

Dan Petrescu 40/1

Carlton Palmer 66/1

Matthew Le Tissier 100/1

unfortunately, the most important thing will be who will get on with NC and work well with him.

On face of it not many at all who would match Pardew, but lesser manager who is supported by Cortesse would probably be better for the club

Gianfranco Zola 4/1

Paul Tisdale 5/1

Eddie Howe 6/1

Glenn Hoddle 7/1

Gareth Southgate 8/1

Phil Brown 10/1

Tony Mowbray 10/1

Ian Dowie 14/1

Jim Magilton 14/1

Alan Shearer 16/1

Chris Coleman 16/1

Paul Jewell 16/1

Dean Wikins 16/1

Steve Clarke 16/1

Dennis Wise 16/1

Alan Curbishley 20/1

Paul Ince 20/1

Gary Megson 20/1

Kevin Blackwell 20/1

Micky Adams 22/1

Steve Coppell 25/1

Kevin Keegan 25/1

Chris Wilder 25/1

Alan Knill 28/1

Jim Gannon 28/1

Martin O'Neill 33/1

Jeff Kenna 33/1

Dan Petrescu 40/1

Carlton Palmer 66/1

Matthew Le Tissier 100/1

I am honestly amazed that Tommy Widdrington doesn't feature on that list.

Gianfranco Zola 4/1

Paul Tisdale 5/1

Eddie Howe 6/1

Glenn Hoddle 7/1

Gareth Southgate 8/1

Phil Brown 10/1

Tony Mowbray 10/1

Ian Dowie 14/1

Jim Magilton 14/1

Alan Shearer 16/1

Chris Coleman 16/1

Paul Jewell 16/1

Dean Wikins 16/1

Steve Clarke 16/1

Dennis Wise 16/1

Alan Curbishley 20/1

Paul Ince 20/1

Gary Megson 20/1

Kevin Blackwell 20/1

Micky Adams 22/1

Steve Coppell 25/1

Kevin Keegan 25/1

Chris Wilder 25/1

Alan Knill 28/1

Jim Gannon 28/1

Martin O'Neill 33/1

Jeff Kenna 33/1

Dan Petrescu 40/1

Carlton Palmer 66/1

Matthew Le Tissier 100/1

ones from that list i'd be happy with

Zola

Southgate

Mowbray

Shearer

Jewell

Clarke (maybe)

Curbishley

O'Neill

No one has really mentioned Paul Jewell yet, got Wigan promoted twice from L1 to the PL in what, 3 seasons? i think he is a very good shout.

To be fair i did miss O'Neil on that list. When we got Pardew we all thought it was a good appointment and we did well to get him to drop to this level. I don't think anyone else on that list (bar O'Neil) would fit that criteria either.

T'would appear Billy ain't particularly happy at Forest right now - probably ticks quite a few of 'the boxes' on NC wanted list.

That would be a nightmare.

The reason he's so unhappy at Forest is because of the transfer committee that they have there. So he'd just be coming into a similar role here.

I'm a believer that a manager should be allowed to manage the football club, let the chairman sort out the finances, but let the manager manage, pick the players, pick the team, select the scouts. These transfer committees are a disaster waiting to happen.

That would be a nightmare.

The reason he's so unhappy at Forest is because of the transfer committee that they have there. So he'd just be coming into a similar role here.

I'm a believer that a manager should be allowed to manage the football club, let the chairman sort out the finances, but let the manager manage, pick the players, pick the team, select the scouts. These transfer committees are a disaster waiting to happen.

why? He got Derby and Forest promoted. I am at a loss as to why everyone seems to think these managers they have a personal dislike for would all 'be a nightmare' He is a bit of a c*nt, but if he was manager of SFC, he is our c*nt and if he gets us promoted, who gives a f*ck.

why? He got Derby and Forest promoted. I am at a loss as to why everyone seems to think these managers they have a personal dislike for would all 'be a nightmare' He is a bit of a c*nt, but if he was manager of SFC, he is our c*nt and if he gets us promoted, who gives a f*ck.

noooo, you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying he'd be a nightmare appointment in football terms, it would be a nightmare appointment in that he will just clash with Cortese imo.

noooo, you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying he'd be a nightmare appointment in football terms, it would be a nightmare appointment in that he will just clash with Cortese imo.

okay, fair enough, agree with you there. Would love to be a fly on the wall in their board meetings!

To be honest I can't see anyone not clashing with Cortese unless a) They're his boss or b) They are a good brown noser.