New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

1256: Just breaking away from transfer news for a brief moment or two. According to sky sports, southampton are looking to appoint paul hart as their new manager. Remember, saints, who won 4-0 on saturday, sacked alan pardew on monday.

On bbc live transfer news

omg

This shows a complete lack of ambition, and we can forget the 5 year plan. This man cannot mange a premier league club which means we would have to replace him IF we got to the promise land... shambles.... this better not be true!

Can anybody really see NC appointing a loser like Hart?

I reckon this is just a 'red herring', how exactly do 'Paul Hart teams' fit in with this scintillating football "The Southampton Way" ideal courted by Cortese?

We just need to sit back and see what happens, they've managed to keep most player signings completely under wraps til now.

We've got too many drama queens around here, the ones that would probably have been calling for Pardew's head had we lost Saturday but who's world has ended since he's gone.

Shame but...next...

Hart to coach the youth setup............Thats about it as we are bringing in a setup to get us back to the Premiership.

Reel your necks back in Saints fans as Cortese is not that stupid.

MoN and Hart, would you be happy then, I bloody would.

is that 100% correct about Hart coaching the youth and not for the 1st team?

Next Tony Adams will emerge as a favorite with the bookies again. And we all know where that rumour started last time. I can't for 1 second believe we will get Paul Hart. Pardew was doing a great job here and has been treated very unfairly. I feel really sorry for him and his team of coaches. If we get in a cheap replacement then I will start to wonder if there is an issue with money now our beloved owner has passed away. There is no manger who we can realistically expect to take charge that will do a better Job this is madness.

Radio Solent just said Eddie Howe is now a favorite and the DJ, who I am guessing was a cherries fan, was begging him not to leave in a stupid voice over to some music. There is no one that has been mentioned as a potential new manager that is going to make us a better team than we are right now. It just feels to me that the purse strings are being cut now and we are going cheap :@

When the skates sacked Hart the first thing I said was snap him up for our youth development. The guy is brilliant at that side of the game. As for management, the Skates fans turned on him when he looked to get a 0-0s (incluing against the bottom sides) in the season before last to ensure their safety. He achieved it, but most of the skates thought they should be looking to win games against the bottom teams not 0-0s. Personally I like the guy a lot. Despite the terrible constraints he was working under he never ever moaned. Contrast that with Grunt who moaned non stop from start to finish.

howard wilkinson set all that up and Hart came in at the end and managed the team. while getting done for drink driving twice, qpr absolutely scathing about him!!!

believr me when i tell you cortese is football ignorant and his toady the football failures reed and hunter and the brighton youth team manager for 8 unsuccessful yrs have really shown their credibility

This could be the start of the good old days again. No hang on by that i mean multiple managers in one season.

Not overwhelmed by this but people, whoever gets the job must get our support or this site will go into meltdown after we lose a game ( which i am afraid we will )

********, if we were to get rid of a perfectly good manager for this fishy chump then he won't get my support.

Hart to coach the youth setup............Thats about it as we are bringing in a setup to get us back to the Premiership.

Reel your necks back in Saints fans as Cortese is not that stupid.

MoN and Hart, would you be happy then, I bloody would.

I would love that. But unfortunately we can't live in a dream world. I woke up at 5am, let me know what time you manage to finally come round.

Paul Hart 1st Team Manager would be a MASSIVE disappointment - if you're gonna sack AP (for whatever reason) you have to think bigger than PH. would be bothered if he was youth coach but just not 1st team - i'd settle for Zola rather than PH

Paul Hart???

**** off out our club right now cortese!!! You have made us the best to a complete crap laughing stock....WELL ****ING DONE...

*****, wish you had ****ed off to AC MILAN now....******

easy tiger - he hasn't been appointed yet! however....... +1 if he does! :-)

howard wilkinson set all that up and Hart came in at the end and managed the team. while getting done for drink driving twice, qpr absolutely scathing about him!!!

believr me when i tell you cortese is football ignorant and his toady the football failures reed and hunter and the brighton youth team manager for 8 unsuccessful yrs have really shown their credibility

Thanks for that Alan, just why did you get the chop ?

So we go from pardew who has a win percentage of over 50% to appointing someone with a win percentage of 30%.

excellent.

It all depends on what league you are in and more importantly the side you have available at the time. The skates team in the Prem at the time of his appointment were in free fall. Getting wins at that time would have been tough for any manager. That said it might be tougher for me to defend his Forrest and QPR periods

Oh ffs, we won't be getting Hart. Can't see him appealing to Cortese at all.

I can, hes the only guy that would accept a chairman picking the team and formation for him, any good manager would tell them where to go.

If he does sign, hed be nothing but a puppet, look for him to be on the phone during games as he gets instructions from above.

Next Tony Adams will emerge as a favorite with the bookies again. And we all know where that rumour started last time. I can't for 1 second believe we will get Paul Hart. Pardew was doing a great job here and has been treated very unfairly. I feel really sorry for him and his team of coaches. If we get in a cheap replacement then I will start to wonder if there is an issue with money now our beloved owner has passed away. There is no manger who we can realistically expect to take charge that will do a better Job this is madness.

Radio Solent just said Eddie Howe is now a favorite and the DJ, who I am guessing was a cherries fan, was begging him not to leave in a stupid voice over to some music. There is no one that has been mentioned as a potential new manager that is going to make us a better team than we are right now. It just feels to me that the purse strings are being cut now and we are going cheap :@

sacking managers with still under contracts is a poor way of saving money !!!!!!!!!!

This man??

The former Stockport, Blackpool. Leeds United, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday player has had a series of short managerial reigns in the 18 months. After being appointed permanent manager following his caretaker spell at The Saints south coast rivals Portsmouth in July 2009, he was dismissed after just 13 games in charge after only two wins.

In under a month, Hart was back in employment being named QPR manager a day after Jim Magilton’s exit from the Championship club. He lasted only 5 games at Loftus road before leaving.

In March, Hart joined Crystal Palace after Neil Warnock left to take Hart’s old QPR position. After the club entered administration the play-off battle was substituted for a relegation battle following the 10 point deduction. Given the task of keeping them in the league, he did so with a 2-2 draw with Sheffield Wednesday, a result which relegated the hosts, a game they had to win to send Palace down in their place.

Since July 2009, spanned across his three Clubs Hart had overseen 22 games, his clubs have won just 6 times.

Prior to Portsmouth promotion Hart had a 16 game spell in charge of Rushden, where they won 4, drew 4, lost 8. He began his managerial career in charge of Chesterfield, where he achieved his highest win percentage of his managerial career 34.24%. He was sacked in 1991 following a disagreement with his chairman. Ten years later, with a spell at Leeds United’s youth academy (which provided most of the players for their David O’Leary reign) Hart became Nottingham Forest manager succeeding David Platt. In February 2004 he was sacked and later took over at Barnsley