New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Incidentally, having a brief look around the Italian web sites it seems that Ighli Vannucchi didn't move to Saints, not through any money disagreements but it seems that Pardew wasn't "convinced"..

E infatti – continua Ighli – dal punto di vista economico l’accordo c’era. Era tutto ok, sembrava che la trattativa andasse in porto, poi qualcosa non è andato per il verso giusto. Pare che l’allenatore (Alan Scott Pardew ndr.) non fosse convinto e quindi eccomi qua”.

Paddy Power was on Talksport last night, he said of all the UK markets you can bet on, the next manager is the hardest to win money on. He was talking about the Villa job, but he said people are basically clueless but just lump on rumours. The bookies then have to shorten the odds just in case, meaning more money is lumped on. Most of the time the favourite never gets the job.

Nobody posted that Pardew was getting the boot, nobody was ITK before it happened, and yet there seems to be plenty of people who know why he went and who is taking over.

Indeed. I don't believe Pardew was on any betting lists before he was appointed last year either.

poster is possibly saying that O'Neill could come here if Villa dont appoint Moyes,meaning that O'Neill wouldnt go to Everton...

but then again, i could be wrong ;-)

yeah -that was it... ;)

Would be quite neat if they revealed the new manager at the game tonight! Unless its hart of course lol.... Mass walk out anyone?

I dont think 7000 counts as a mass walk-out.... ;)

I understand that Chris Tarrant will host the half time entertainment on Saturday, he will list names and the next manager will be the one who gets the loudest mark on the clapometer.

In that case, my money's on Gonorrhea (currently manager of Italian Serie-B side Reggina)

yeah -that was it... ;)

I dont think 7000 counts as a mass walk-out.... ;)

When I got my ticket the whole of itchen was sold out and the I heard someone got the last ticket in the kingsland today... Doesnt sound too bad ;)

Mass groans on that scale would certainly get the point accross :p

Just in from work & can't believe he would be stupid enough to appoint Hart. No more Skates at this club please. Does Cortese want unity at this club? because this is no way to bring it to our club. Seriously concerned about these rumours Sky Sports reporting that we have approached him. I sincerely hope that its all bull s**t. I fear it would have such a negative effect on the club.

Only Saints could make such a F**K up of its 125 anniversary season.

Spoke to someone a little bit earlier and after all the hype at the sky sports lunchtime announcement, it's not true.

Saints have not approached Hart and they are also not planning on doing so. I think we can kill this one now, as has been said - probably just his agent.

One name i was dropped as a possibility was Leonardo, previously at AC Milan. Seriously though?? Apparently he has links through to Cortese from his time at Milan.

One thing though, nothing is imminent.

I hope it's not Hart that would be a step backwards I am hearing Zola from a guy who works for Eastliegh fc he was given the nod from someone at st marys tried to put a bet on & the bookies wouldnt take the bet.

Please feel free to take this with a pinch of salt just repeating what I was told I don't know what to believe at the moment.

Maybe Hart is a smokescreen as the club must know the fans would not like that they announance Zola or whoever and we all say at least it's not Hart thank **** for that.

I shall wait for the announcement. its pointless trying to specualte who is to be the next manager. Only a very small group of people will know who has been approached And surely with Markus and Nicole 5 year plan it is not going to be some one trick pony they are going to appoint. it will be somebody really good that can take the club forward to even greater heights. Lets just wait and see

OK while we are in a speculating mode how about Ivan Golac? Only Joking

He clearly knew Poyet was my preferred candidate. I'll just have to settle for a ninja turtle now.

Spoke to someone a little bit earlier and after all the hype at the sky sports lunchtime announcement, it's not true.

Saints have not approached Hart and they are also not planning on doing so. I think we can kill this one now, as has been said - probably just his agent.

One name i was dropped as a possibility was Leonardo, previously at AC Milan. Seriously though?? Apparently he has links through to Cortese from his time at Milan.

???

I can just picture Leonardo in the dugout of the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Stadium on a freezing cold, rainy tuesday night in January.

Im loving all the speculation, Marradona is a better shout than half the people (hert especially) mentioned so far!

What ever happens it'll someone better than Pardew, someone with the ability to attract the best players and be able to deal with Cortese's ambitions and plans (and money) so we dont end up looking like Blackpool when reaching the prem (not results wise just Ian Holloway complaining he couldn't attract many players)

If nothing is imminent then it makes the sacking even more strange. Not like Pardew was doing a terrible job and we needed him out the door ASAP.

IMHO there will be an announcement Tomorrow, once tonight's match is out of the way

I assume they have found a cushion for Dennis Wise to sit on ??

At least he'll be able to look Cortese in the eye