New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

I think if we bring someone in who is currently at another club, it won't be Prem level. It'll be mid-lower Championship.

However, I still want Martin O'Neill. I'm hoping it'll be a somebody, not a relative unknown, but as long as he can get the job done, then its back to the 5 year plan.

Hows this for a roumour. Pardew was having secret talks with villa and cortese found out.

Very good rumour - rings all the right bells and I would support Cortese if this is the case. Time will tell I suppose. Something's forced Cortese to take swift action and Pardew talking to another club fits the bill!

Where did you hear that?

think it through..if true he wouldnt sack him, he'd wait for the approach from Villa and get compensation rather than pay his contract up. Or if he was but then no approach came...certainly, sack him!!

Hopefully it was GM...no payment!

I was told by a senior steward tonight that the word going around is that Pardew was sacked for gross missconduct.

If that's the case, why sack the other coaching staff? Surely it's wrongful dismissal if you get sacked for somebody else's misconduct!

i will only post this once as i'm getting fed up with people slating and knocking cortese for sacking pardew , if it wasnt for cortese markus was going to sack him at the end of last season and was nicola who persuaded otherwise. alot of people who dont know the facts making stupid comments liken him to lowe and making him out to be all evil are ridiculous.

That we don't know do we ?

I have heard they were all talking to Villa, and Knobbing the same female member of staff.... News of the World stuff this!!

Best explanation and the only one I can justify Cortese's response would be that AP was talking to Villa / another club and, therefore, had to be a knee jerk reaction to sack him and his staff. What other explanation can people come up with which explains why it wasn't just Pardew that was sacked.....

I have heard they were all talking to Villa, and Knobbing the same female member of staff....[was that on Cortese's desk then ?] News of the World stuff this!!

Further reasons not to consider Sven's application any further then.

Before the game they were saying on Solent that Saints have received interest in the job from over 30 managers who are actually currently in managerial jobs!! I find that quite unbelievable....love to see the list.

Bizarrely, they also confirmed later that some of the managers are currently in the PL.

can't work out who that could be??

It really does baffle me what has gone on. Like people are saying. Ok sack AP if that is what was needed for whatever reason, but why all the staff. I can only think and this keeps entering my head, and NC is thinking really long term and the premier league and did not think the current set up would be able to cut it in the premier league and he wants to put a structure in place that means he does not have to have mass changes when we do get there?

This still does not rin true though or sit right with me because IF we do go up and then start having a good start to the 2011/12 season what is to say that our new manager or coaching staff will not gain interest from top premier league clubs, and leave anyway? This could have happened to AP and his coaching staff anyway beacuse a successful club with always gain interest from other clubs for their staff as well as players.

Something is not right, and if a cheap option comes in, and we start selling players in January it would look to me like the owners are baling out on us. This may sound far fetched but I cannot get any of this straight in my head.

Have heard from a friends of mine, who happened to Meet Kevin Blackwell's daughter this weekend that he is due to go tp an interview this week. Only an Interview I know and I'm sure that there will be many more interviews but the suggestion was this was known on Saturday...

Bizarrely, they also confirmed later that some of the managers are currently in the PL.

can't work out who that could be??

Someone suggested Holloway earlier, and those under pressure - Martinez ?

Perhaps Grunt wants to be nearer his sleazy knocking shop down this way again.

May also be assistants/coaches in the PL looking to move up.

Before the game they were saying on Solent that Saints have received interest in the job from over 30 managers who are actually currently in managerial jobs!! I find that quite unbelievable....love to see the list.

And of course if the reason for sacking AP is because he applied for the Villa job then we'd reject all applications from managers currently employed?

And of course if the reason for sacking AP is because he applied for the Villa job then we'd reject all applications from managers currently employed?

Are you suggesting that there are no double standards in the football world. Please wash out your mouth with soap and water!!

It really does baffle me what has gone on. Like people are saying. Ok sack AP if that is what was needed for whatever reason, but why all the staff. I can only think and this keeps entering my head, and NC is thinking really long term and the premier league and did not think the current set up would be able to cut it in the premier league and he wants to put a structure in place that means he does not have to have mass changes when we do get there?

Something is not right, and if a cheap option comes in, and we start selling players in January it would look to me like the owners are baling out on us. This may sound far fetched but I cannot get any of this straight in my head.

You may be right but seems illogical to me.Get out of L1 first then change rather than jeopardise the promotion prospect.

Last paragraph, we'll have to wait and see but fear that unless a good appointment is made soon, then we will be on a very slippery slope again.

On first hearing AP was gone I was expecting an announcement was imminently to overshadow it (ie O'Neil or Keegan).I am amazed nothing is in the pipeline so wonder what - other than a rift over transfers/club structure between AP and NC - led to AP's hasty departure.

Are you suggesting that there are no double standards in the football world. Please wash out your mouth with soap and water!!

Yeah, I'm just saying that the idea he was sacked because he wanted the Villa job is unlikely. Firstly if he got it then we'd get compo and secondly if he didn't then we should have only sacked him when we had someone lined up.

can't work out who that could be??[/QUOTE]

Pullis,Holloway and Allardyce.

Just a stab in the dark.

In fear of sounding like Frankie Howard : No, no, and thrice no.

Yeah, I'm just saying that the idea he was sacked because he wanted the Villa job is unlikely. Firstly if he got it then we'd get compo and secondly if he didn't then we should have only sacked him when we had someone lined up.

I really do not think it was to do with the Villa position. I think they will aim higher to please the fans, and what about the other coaches that were sacked. Nothing seems to add up!

Lots of Blue Square Conference managers looking for a step up

NC is a very successful businessman. I'd imagine in work he empowers people but if you step over that line, then you know it. If AP was caught talking to Villa then NCs reaction is totally understandable. What other reason could there be for NC to sack not just AP but his staff as well.

Talking to Villa without permission, defying the company (club) strategy and knobbing a female member of staff could all be considered to be gross misconduct.

They might be reasons to be ****ed off with him but number 1 could only be breach of contract, number 2 is simply not interpreting your brief correctly and number 3 goes on in lots of businesses and so long as any activity were confined to out of hours would not if itself give cause for dismissal, so it's simply a case of paying up a fixed-term contract.

Have heard from a friends of mine, who happened to Meet Kevin Blackwell's daughter this weekend that he is due to go tp an interview this week. Only an Interview I know and I'm sure that there will be many more interviews but the suggestion was this was known on Saturday...

Kevin Blackwell is the last manager I could possibly want

I really do not think it was to do with the Villa position. I think they will aim higher to please the fans, and what about the other coaches that were sacked. Nothing seems to add up!

Personally I think these things are often simpler than the conspiracy theories and the over analysing. It seems fairly common knowledge that the two of them didn't really get on - I'd imagine things came to a head (maybe over a transfer) and it got to the point where one of them had to go. At that point NC probably thought it wise to get rid of anyone he felt didn't share his vision as well. All pure speculation on my part of course.

NC is a very successful businessman. I'd imagine in work he empowers people but if you step over that line, then you know it. If AP was caught talking to Villa then NCs reaction is totally understandable. What other reason could there be for NC to sack not just AP but his staff as well.

Well that doesn't make sense! If he applied for the job then under that logic you could possibly sack him but not his staff.

Well that doesn't make sense! If he applied for the job then under that logic you could possibly sack him but not his staff.

Makes total sense. AP bought his staff with him. If he's looking at other clubs then NC needs to assume that the rest of AP's team are in on it / will be taken with AP. And if you're going to sack the manager then may as well get rid of the rest.

This still does not rin true though or sit right with me because IF we do go up and then start having a good start to the 2011/12 season what is to say that our new manager or coaching staff will not gain interest from top premier league clubs, and leave anyway? This could have happened to AP and his coaching staff anyway beacuse a successful club with always gain interest from other clubs for their staff as well as players.

ok, now im worried, sell up at a profit and NC gets a nice little nest egg...

Makes total sense. AP bought his staff with him. If he's looking at other clubs then NC needs to assume that the rest of AP's team are in on it / will be taken with AP. And if you're going to sack the manager then may as well get rid of the rest.

That's the convention if it's for footballing reasons. Gross misconduct would normally only involve the individual concerned.

A number of people have been posting rumours on this forum that AP was sacked because of personal misbehaviour. This is clearly libellous behaviour - defaming an individual in the public eye without sure knowledge that the information is correct. Not only is this sort of thing illegal, it is also morally wrong. These sorts of rumours should not be written up in a public forum.