New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Sorry if this has already been posted as I haven't read all the posts but Martin Samuel wrote a short article in today's Mail that was quite scathing of Cortese to say the least. He pointed the finger to a text that NC alledgedly send AP after the Rovers game asking him why Guly only got 5 minutes, it would seem NC was behind the signing rather than AP. Anyway apologies again if this is old 'news'

Sorry if this has already been posted as I haven't read all the posts but Martin Samuel wrote a short article in today's Mail that was quite scathing of Cortese to say the least. He pointed the finger to a text that NC alledgedly send AP after the Rovers game asking him why Guly only got 5 minutes, it would seem NC was behind the signing rather than AP. Anyway apologies again if this is old 'news'

It's in here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307833/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Show-respect--Fabio-Capello-clown.html

I would have thought Jim Magilton might have been linked with the job but haven't heard his name at all. Could do a decent job with his experience with muppet owners!! :D

yeah, Im sure going round headbutting and bullying players would be a great thing to happen after these rumours!

Samuel really dislikes us. AP obviously is in his ear, as the text was only delivered to him. I suspect they became chums when AP was manager of Samuels beloved WHU. I really would love them to get into the mire to shut the smug git up

I find some of these rumours extremely humourous. The pardew having an affair has now morphed to suddenly be having an affair with Fonte's wife. Could this be linked to a posting yesterday saying that if he did have an affair it should have been with Fonte's missus as she's a real looker. This has all the believability of those chain letter that keep circulating the internet. The message is always the same but the details keep changing so gullible people will swallow the horse****

And there certainly is' a full house of gullible, seriously pessimistic/over-optimistic (delete as appropriate) posters on this site.

Seems to be a lot of discussion around Phil Brown after his statement that he would be interested in the job. I still prefer Martin O'Neill but I suppose he and Cortese would be like bumper cars crashing headlong.

Oh the avatar is a feeble attempt at humour - don't rush to my home page to see if Mr Cortese is posting on here in disguise

Edited by LostBoys

Have heard from three different sources O'Neill is being spoken to today. Curbishley was interviewed yesterday. O'Neill fancies the job but wants assurances from NC before committing.

Watch this space.

Would love it to be right.

Just in case it isnt ;-) I would be quite happy with Tony Mowbray.

Plays good football and did a really good job with WBA.

Not too sure how he would do in the Prem but he has the track record of getting there whilst playing good football.

Have heard from three different sources O'Neill is being spoken to today. Curbishley was interviewed yesterday. O'Neill fancies the job but wants assurances from NC before committing.

Watch this space.

And what are these three sources???

Right , just got this text - forwarded to me from the lad who gets the info from the player:

"Meeting just finished , Club will not rush appointment -there was a bust-up at the training ground between Pardew and Fonte and a couple of other players and coaches - Cortese turned up and the result was Pardew being sacked. Cortese told him to take his "drinking mates" with him and leave Southampton having already been warned about this last season" .

Make of that what you will.

If this bust up was a couple of weeks ago, why didn't your mate text you about it then?

If he got a warning last season, why didn't your player text you about that until after Pardew's gone?

Apart from FF, I haven't seen one post on this or any other site that suggested Pardew would be gone. There was a lot of "if we're not in the top 2 by X or Y" he'll be gone. But none (FF apart) who basically said he was dead man walking. Everyone assumed he had dodged a bullet in the summer and would be given to Xmas at least.

Why therefore should we believe any of the ITK people, who knew nothing about his sacking until it happened, but now know, why he was sacked, whose replacing him and who he had a bust up with?

Watch this space.

KS's track record is pretty good fwiw.

Is it?

DEAL DONE THIS AFTERNOON. Agreement with FL. Press conference tomorrow with MLT & TL. No news yet on manager. First priority is paying wages./QUOTE]

Is it?

DEAL DONE THIS AFTERNOON. Agreement with FL. Press conference tomorrow with MLT & TL. No news yet on manager. First priority is paying wages./QUOTE]

Ha ha

I did the same thing, you're just faster than me. So fed up with people who claim to have sources etc I looked through his posts and found this...

1. DEAL DONE THIS AFTERNOON. Agreement with FL....

DEAL DONE THIS AFTERNOON.

Agreement with FL. Press conference tomorrow with MLT & TL. No news yet on manager. First priority is paying wages.

1. Thread: Step forward Mr Money Man

by Kaiser Soze

Replies

Views

I've heard it's Rod Stewart.

Not exactly a perfect record (although the Rod Stewart one may be a joke)

Three different sources have said exactly the samething which suggests there is a fair amount of substance in it. I couldn't give a sh1t if people believe it or not.

Depends who the sources are really.If its various fans well........ but if its proper sources it could be interesting

Three different sources have said exactly the samething which suggests there is a fair amount of substance in it. I couldn't give a sh1t if people believe it or not.

I'm not saying you're wrong but it doesn't really, does it.

Par example:

I read some ******** on here.

I tell my mate, call him D'arcy.

D'arcy tells his mate, Rupert.

Rupert tells two people, Tarquin and Jules. Jules also knows D'arcy and both of them know Freddie.

D'arcy and Jules both tell Freddie.

I have also told Wills, who being a mate of a lot of us, tells Johnno who mentions it to Freddie at Eddie's ****tail and incest party.

So Freddie has now heard it from three different sources and they were all toss.

Watch this space.

I can see the appeal that Saints might have to Martin O'Neill. Building the club up to Premiership level with a decent budget to work with. I think he would love to turn a club around like his mentor, Brian Clough, did with both Derby and Forest.

That said, it does sound fanciful. And if it happened, I would happily bash one out in celebration.

I can see the appeal that Saints might have to Martin O'Neill. Building the club up to Premiership level with a decent budget to work with. I think he would love to turn a club around like his mentor, Brian Clough, did with both Derby and Forest.

That said, it does sound fanciful. And if it happened, I would happily bash one out in celebration.

Agree. Not saying I believe it, but of all the top established managers O'Neil (and possibly Svenn) are the two who I think would see a lot of appeal in managing the Saints 'project'.

If this bust up was a couple of weeks ago, why didn't your mate text you about it then?

If he got a warning last season, why didn't your player text you about that until after Pardew's gone?

Apart from FF, I haven't seen one post on this or any other site that suggested Pardew would be gone. There was a lot of "if we're not in the top 2 by X or Y" he'll be gone. But none (FF apart) who basically said he was dead man walking. Everyone assumed he had dodged a bullet in the summer and would be given to Xmas at least.

Why therefore should we believe any of the ITK people, who knew nothing about his sacking until it happened, but now know, why he was sacked, whose replacing him and who he had a bust up with?

TBF, VFTB also posted on another thread before the Bristol game that Pardew was on the way out, as did myself.

As for the manager situation we will have to wait and see if what i was told is true, and if it is i will be pretty p*ssed off.

TBF, VFTB also posted on another thread before the Bristol game that Pardew was on the way out, as did myself.

As for the manager situation we will have to wait and see if what i was told is true, and if it is i will be pretty p*ssed off.

I must admit the first training session I went too he had the back four doing press ups and he continued to shout at the players.

The last training session I went too was a few days before the season started and he was in Hardings face shouting ****ing this and ****ing that.

OTT I was thinking at the time but then I thought it was a sign of a manager getting the best out of his players in the end.

MON would be f*cking fantastic, Mowbray equally so. I just hope we don't end up with some chump like Brown or Hart. We need a really quality manager to give us the success we expect, I just can't see a manager like Brown, Blackwell, Hart, Ince etc. coming in and getting us promoted twice in 3 seasons. It's not all about getting there as well, we need somebody who will keep us in the Prem and more, that's where MON would come into his own.

Oh, and Martin Samuel is a f*cking clown. He's also a chum of Woopert's. I wouldn't worry too much about what he writes in that vicious little 'newspaper' they call the Daily Mail.

MON would be f*cking fantastic, Mowbray equally so. I just hope we don't end up with some chump like Brown or Hart. We need a really quality manager to give us the success we expect, I just can't see a manager like Brown, Blackwell, Hart, Ince etc. coming in and getting us promoted twice in 3 seasons. It's not all about getting there as well, we need somebody who will keep us in the Prem and more, that's where MON would come into his own.

Oh, and Martin Samuel is a f*cking clown. He's also a chum of Woopert's. I wouldn't worry too much about what he writes in that vicious little 'newspaper' they call the Daily Mail.

That might be stretching it a bit.

You sure? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/4379368.stm