New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Lamberts not out training with the guys here :-S

The guy on turnstile F just said to someone it looks very likely o Neil will become manager of saints....

thats him sacked then.... ;)

same as the person in the club shop

and the person at the de vere

and the person who is responsible for delivering the tracksuit to his home, who leaves it on his doorstep

Solent talking about it now.

Howe being strongly touted B'Mouth Chairman pretty much giving the green light Howe being diplomatic.

Over 30 WORKING managers have expressed an interest let alone unemployed managers

I think we have all forgotten how attractive Saints actually are.

Laters

I like Eddie Howe, but is he ready to work under the pressure here?

it's totally different the Bournemouth....there's never really been any expectation there in the past few years.

I would imagine that he has been working under some pressure with their financial situation and their never-ending transfer embargo. Despite this he has performed minor miracles.

I would imagine that he has been working under some pressure with their financial situation and their never-ending transfer embargo. Despite this he has performed minor miracles.

True.

but the pressure from the chairman hasn't been there, with Cortese it will be a different world for him. You need to be a certain type of person to be able to work with him.

Howe is a young manager who has something about him. He is a good judge of a player and has brought a few young players through at Bournemouth. He is not likely to get the fans hearts thumping if appointed but he has a steel and coolness about him.His win percentage must be very high

This was on 606

"now dont take this as gospel or as true just what ive heard but apparently pards had an affair with one of the player/staff's wife my source (very unreliable) heard from someone who knows someone who knows another someone who knows another someone

Maybe Cortese has just twigged why Pulis still gets in the squad...... ;)

i will only post this once as i'm getting fed up with people slating and knocking cortese for sacking pardew , if it wasnt for cortese markus was going to sack him at the end of last season and was nicola who persuaded otherwise. alot of people who dont know the facts making stupid comments liken him to lowe and making him out to be all evil are ridiculous.

i will only post this once as i'm getting fed up with people slating and knocking cortese for sacking pardew , if it wasnt for cortese markus was going to sack him at the end of last season and was nicola who persuaded otherwise. alot of people who dont know the facts making stupid comments liken him to lowe and making him out to be all evil are ridiculous.

I don't think you can tell the people who are hellbent on demonising NC. Same mentals who compared Lowe to Hitler and so forth....

FWIW, I agree with you though...

Agree with you too...

Sky Sports, p*ssed off with NC and Saints, accidently announce Paul Hart as Manager, then they with draw that to approached. THIS IS A WIND UP YOU MUPPETS!

The Echo, or links within, regurgetate the rumour that Lambert is off to Celtic! NO HE ISN'T!

If Pardew was sacked for having an affair with one of the staffs' wives, then I am shocked and appalled. Equally, this could also be a rumour.

Let's face it, if this sacking was 'planned' all along, as some ITKers, those with an agenda, those that have had their noses put out of joint, then a manager would be here by now, make no mistake. Ap and Co would have been paid off and the new manager wheeled in, no need for caretaker manager. IF, however, this was off the cuff, as I suspect, then we would be seeing applicants, rumours and speculation, in fact, exactly what we are seeing.

If Pardew messed this up, for whatever reason, other than footballing reasons, then it should be him you direct your anger at and not NC. Sky Sports releasing that info about Hart is an absolute disgrace, and rather than believing it and jumping on the hate NC band wagon with the rest of the idiots round here, phone up Sky Sports and tell them what you think of their shoddy, resentful, ridiculous reporting. I mean, it's like them suggesting that the next manager of Aston Villa will be the Birmingham Manager!

We all already know that we won;t know until it's on the OS. If you think otherwise, then you are a fool. So let's take this "my mate talked to a friend who is from another planet and they said dip dip dobble wibble wobble bleep" in other words Bulls**t!

I said this yesterday, but some of you obviously had a bad nights kip, get some sleep and wake up to a future that will bring us a good manager to manage this good team. Oh and for those complaining about the lack of transfer activity today, let's remember, since this time last season, we have signed 3 new strikers, 4 new midfielders, 5 new full backs and 4 new CB's, I may have missed some, but come on, we already have the best keeper and reserve keeper in the league!

WIFM

I've read this topic from beginning to end and cannot believe some of the vitriolic statements made towards NC! It seems that even a weak rumour is an excuse for some to slate our chairman for being driven and ambitious. I doubt that anyone on this forum knows the full reasons why Pardew was dismissed. You never know he may have been pushed before he jumped! Yet, some on here are calling for Cortese to leave the club. For Heaven's sake get a grip! Is our chairman really that stupid? Or is it that some Saints fans cannot help but tackle the "powers that be" because he doesn't fit their mould of an everyman traditional football establishment character.

The only thing about SFC that is a laughing stock is some of its so called fans!

Let's all just wait and see. I'm sure most of us will be pleased (for the record I liked what Pardew was doing here).

Sky Sports, p*ssed off with NC and Saints, accidently announce Paul Hart as Manager, then they with draw that to approached. THIS IS A WIND UP YOU MUPPETS!

The Echo, or links within, regurgetate the rumour that Lambert is off to Celtic! NO HE ISN'T!

If Pardew was sacked for having an affair with one of the staffs' wives, then I am shocked and appalled. Equally, this could also be a rumour.

Let's face it, if this sacking was 'planned' all along, as some ITKers, those with an agenda, those that have had their noses put out of joint, then a manager would be here by now, make no mistake. Ap and Co would have been paid off and the new manager wheeled in, no need for caretaker manager. IF, however, this was off the cuff, as I suspect, then we would be seeing applicants, rumours and speculation, in fact, exactly what we are seeing.

If Pardew messed this up, for whatever reason, other than footballing reasons, then it should be him you direct your anger at and not NC. Sky Sports releasing that info about Hart is an absolute disgrace, and rather than believing it and jumping on the hate NC band wagon with the rest of the idiots round here, phone up Sky Sports and tell them what you think of their shoddy, resentful, ridiculous reporting. I mean, it's like them suggesting that the next manager of Aston Villa will be the Birmingham Manager!

We all already know that we won;t know until it's on the OS. If you think otherwise, then you are a fool. So let's take this "my mate talked to a friend who is from another planet and they said dip dip dobble wibble wobble bleep" in other words Bulls**t!

I said this yesterday, but some of you obviously had a bad nights kip, get some sleep and wake up to a future that will bring us a good manager to manage this good team. Oh and for those complaining about the lack of transfer activity today, let's remember, since this time last season, we have signed 3 new strikers, 4 new midfielders, 5 new full backs and 4 new CB's, I may have missed some, but come on, we already have the best keeper and reserve keeper in the league!

WIFM

Totally agree - SSN are a total disgrace.

Its not just because of the photographers ban - last time "sky sources" assured us Tony Adams had been approached.

Maybe it's skates on a wind-up feeding them this rubbish, but if it is it still shows sloppy journalism.

I still think its all about installing a favourite on Skybet though, and encouraging people to bet on something they know will never happen.

Just listened to Talk Sport. Barnard has gone to Blackpool on loan with a 4million permanent deal at Xmas

Lallana is moving to Blackburn for 6 million subject to him recovering from knee surgery.

Puncheon has also be sold to QPR

It was breifly mention on talk sport transfer round up at 1947

I've read this topic from beginning to end and cannot believe some of the vitriolic statements made towards NC! It seems that even a weak rumour is an excuse for some to slate our chairman for being driven and ambitious. I doubt that anyone on this forum knows the full reasons why Pardew was dismissed. You never know he may have been pushed before he jumped! Yet, some on here are calling for Cortese to leave the club. For Heaven's sake get a grip! Is our chairman really that stupid? Or is it that some Saints fans cannot help but tackle the "powers that be" because he doesn't fit their mould of an everyman traditional football establishment character.

The only thing about SFC that is a laughing stock is some of its so called fans!

Let's all just wait and see. I'm sure most of us will be pleased (for the record I liked what Pardew was doing here).

The problem is, The club gave us no indication as to why AP was sacked. So people start to talk, generate rumours etc etc and then people jump to conclusions. Seeing as there was all this, i think we were all rather shocked when we suddenly turn on Sky Sports News (I think virtually everyones main source of Footballing news) to see in bright yellow "BREAKING NEWS: SOUTHAMPTON APPROACH PAUL HART" so we quite naturally, had a knee-jerk reaction and spat our dummies out.

Just because we NOW know a bit more, dont come on here preaching about how bad everyone is.

Rumours I've heard (probably no truth in them at all) is that amongst the names on the shortlist are Lee Clark and Terry Venables. But then, I suppose pretty much every out of work manager (and some currently in a job) are going to get linked to us at the moment.

Never a dull moment with Saints, is there??!

Just listened to Talk Sport. Barnard has gone to Blackpool on loan with a 4million permanent deal at Xmas

Lallana is moving to Blackburn for 6 million subject to him recovering from knee surgery.

Puncheon has also be sold to QPR

It was breifly mention on talk sport transfer round up at 1947

funny

The only problem with that is that, in hindsight, we'd have been much better off if AP had been sacked a month or two ago. At least that way we'd have had a manager in who would have been allowed to bring in a full complement of players to mould the squad to his desire. With the approach Clotese took we now have a squad that is 2 or 3 players short of what we need, has some glaring omissions still (no pacy wing replacement for Antonio, no competition/backup for the CMs, no backup for Lambert), and no time left in the window to bring in replacements.

Nice work Nicola.

Solent talking about it now.

Howe being strongly touted B'Mouth Chairman pretty much giving the green light Howe being diplomatic.

Over 30 WORKING managers have expressed an interest let alone unemployed managers

I think we have all forgotten how attractive Saints actually are.

Laters

Well, he cannot train/coach/manage players to score a freaking peno FFS

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but in the echo, they explain that one of the managers that has enquired about the job is currently working in the Premier League.

Martinez? Di Matteo?

Holloway, if it's an actual manager.