New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Makes total sense. AP bought his staff with him. If he's looking at other clubs then NC needs to assume that the rest of AP's team are in on it / will be taken with AP. And if you're going to sack the manager then may as well get rid of the rest.

So that would be Dean Wilkins as well? Nope, sorry still not making sense. In any case whichever way you look at it NC has dropped a b**lock - he should only have sacked AP and his staff when he had his successor lined up. The only exception to that would have been gross misconduct and in which case his staff wouldn't have gone with him.

That's the convention if it's for footballing reasons. Gross misconduct would normally only involve the individual concerned.

Completely agree - and, as Poopey know, there's the rules that normal abiding citizens need to stick to and then there's the football rules :) I'm sure you'll find that the gross misconduct is never proven because of the compromise agreements / NDAs that have been signed.

Personally I think these things are often simpler than the conspiracy theories and the over analysing. It seems fairly common knowledge that the two of them didn't really get on - I'd imagine things came to a head (maybe over a transfer) and it got to the point where one of them had to go. At that point NC probably thought it wise to get rid of anyone he felt didn't share his vision as well. All pure speculation on my part of course.

This seems more plausible to me than anything else, especially the Villa speculation.

So that would be Dean Wilkins as well? Nope, sorry still not making sense. In any case whichever way you look at it NC has dropped a b**lock - he should only have sacked AP and his staff when he had his successor lined up. The only exception to that would have been gross misconduct and in which case his staff wouldn't have gone with him.

Well, where do you stop with the axe? You've gotta have someone to run it in caretaker mode. Liken it to you being the manager of a shop and one of your staff is stealing from the till. Do you keep them on until you find someone else to replace them?

Anyhoooo's - this was all about a potential reason that NC would have to sack AP and his staff and is all complete rumour and will probably never be denied or confirmed. Hey ho, WIFM :D

the longer we wait to employ then the longer we are leaving ourselves open to losing more games and then the new manager having to come in and try to earn alot of points back! that could see the end of promotion! they need to employ soon to put the whole thing behind us!

Well, where do you stop with the axe? You've gotta have someone to run it in caretaker mode. Liken it to you being the manager of a shop and one of your staff is stealing from the till. Do you keep them on until you find someone else to replace them?

Anyhoooo's - this was all about a potential reason that NC would have to sack AP and his staff and is all complete rumour and will probably never be denied or confirmed. Hey ho, WIFM :D

No problem - I was just explaining why it's in all probablity untrue. WAFFLE (Win Again For Fat Liebherrs Everywhere - Is it to soon for that?)

I can't help thinking that Cortese can only have made such a decisive and irreversible move in sacking all three simultaneously because a) he has someone already waiting in the wings, and b) he will be bringing in his own backroom people.

but if he has then why hasnt he brought them in yet? he clearly hasnt got anyone lined up!

I can't help thinking that Cortese can only have made such a decisive and irreversible move in sacking all three simultaneously because a) he has someone already waiting in the wings, and b) he will be bringing in his own backroom people.

Perhaps they were all beastly to Uncle Les one morning and did not speak nicely to him. Possibly about his plans to bring in a 'visual coach' and Simon Clifford to assist in the academy.

but if he has then why hasnt he brought them in yet? he clearly hasnt got anyone lined up!

Unless there is an announcement tomorrow then that will be my conclusion.

Although it crossed my mind that a further appointment might need to be discussed with someone in Switzerland before it goes through.Who knows ?

or c) he's a headcase

Of course if we are promoted this season all will be forgiven. i dont flutuacte in my fickleness

Unless there is an announcement tomorrow then that will be my conclusion.

Although it crossed my mind that a further appointment might need to be discussed with someone in Switzerland before it goes through.Who knows ?

i hope not or we could be manager less for a while!

i will only post this once as i'm getting fed up with people slating and knocking cortese for sacking pardew , if it wasnt for cortese markus was going to sack him at the end of last season and was nicola who persuaded otherwise. alot of people who dont know the facts making stupid comments liken him to lowe and making him out to be all evil are ridiculous.

Your final sentence is only valid if you can prove your first assertion - Source?

A mate of mine spoke to the echo before the game and they said it will be phil brown, and that there will be a big article in the daily echo about him tomorrow.

Also, speaking to someone who works at the ground, pardew was sacked for his behaviour towards nicola about the guly signing.

pardew was not happy, and didnt want him and played up.

A mate of mine spoke to the echo before the game and they said it will be phil brown, and that there will be a big article in the daily echo about him tomorrow.

Also, speaking to someone who works at the ground, pardew was sacked for his behaviour towards nicola about the guly signing.

But why sack the other two, then?

Makes sense. Going on tonights showing, also shows how correct Pardew was.

I knew it!!

If this is true it's bloody ironic because when we signed Guly I said it reminds me of when we signed Delgado. I did not even consider that it could have been that alike though!

Phil Brown is what's gonna happen.

Source - my son, the Saint!

Don't know if anyone saw Phil Brown on MOTD2 on Sunday, he talked about doing lots of executive courses so he could understand his Chairman's position better. I think I'd prefer someone of WGS's ilk who filled his time by going overseas and looking at how they coach and getting new idea's on how to make the team better.

Strikes me that AP and NC have not been seeing eye to eye for a while. This could be correct. With Leibherr away and the upper echelons in turmoil, NC has far too much freedom. He is likely to be sacked, knows he is unpopular across the board in the press, with the fans and now no doubts the players. Perhaps hes doing this out of spite before his own inevitable sacking????

The only logical explanation for getting rid of AP and his entire staff is that NC has already got some in mind /spoken and that they want to bring their own team in. This explains alot to me and this delay tactic from NC in naming said person are so he doesn't come across as a tosser (Too late).

If you have a run in/fall out with the manager for whatever reason - barring the entire backroom staff humping NC's entire family over his office desk - you dont get rid of the lot of them until you have replacements for them all - hence my point.

Too top my theory off, I think NC has been speaking to said party for a while now, even as early as the end of last season. This party has either just said ok, or they are now out of work (answers on a postcard) hence the early cull after a very good away performance.

NC has someone - it's how long it takes hime to name them.

Never in the history of this board or its predecessors, has so much totally unfounded garbage and conjecture been written by so may half-wits. It really is something to behold and something to be proud of.

"FORUM" - Place to exchange views and discuss knowledge / theories.

I think Eddie Howe would come here if offered a job by Saints. Why not? Its not like Saints v Skates rivalry. He would be moving to a far bigger club with much bigger ambitions who can match his own and plus he wouldn't have to relocate. He does lack experience which is my only concern. Maybe bring Coppell in as DoF to oversee running of the football (non first team) side of things and leave the first team management to someone like Howe.

It sounds to me like it was a heat of the moment sacking - I would guess there has been friction between Cortese and Pardew for a while. It probably started when we failed to make the play-offs last season despite spending money in January. The wasted pre-season and the bad start to this season probably didn't help either. But I have a feeling it really comes down to recent transfer dealings - or the lack of them - sounds like Pardew didn't want Waigo back or Guly at all. But also that we haven't signed the players that Pardew wanted like Antonio or Matt Phillips. I imagine that Cortese refused to pay the money - saying we spent money in January - and argued that we could get cheaper and better players from abroad. This led to a major confrontation just before the close of the transfer window and a parting of the ways.

I think Eddie Howe would come here if offered a job by Saints. Why not? Its not like Saints v Skates rivalry. He would be moving to a far bigger club with much bigger ambitions who can match his own and plus he wouldn't have to relocate. He does lack experience which is my only concern. Maybe bring Coppell in as DoF to oversee running of the football (non first team) side of things and leave the first team management to someone like Howe.

Howe has done some good stuff at Cherries, but it's too early for him to take Saints through the leagues to the Prem - he wouldn't handle the pressure IMO and it could ruin his career if he's sacked by Xmas because we're not in the top 6.

Hmm. He has slagged off saints a lot in the past though and said he would never join us.

Not doubting you fella, but it seems bizarre that AP knew so much about Guly in his comments before the Brizzle game. Or maybe he was being sarcastic...

It sounds to me like it was a heat of the moment sacking - I would guess there has been friction between Cortese and Pardew for a while. It probably started when we failed to make the play-offs last season despite spending money in January. The wasted pre-season and the bad start to this season probably didn't help either. But I have a feeling it really comes down to recent transfer dealings - or the lack of them - sounds like Pardew didn't want Waigo back or Guly at all. But also that we haven't signed the players that Pardew wanted like Antonio or Matt Phillips. I imagine that Cortese refused to pay the money - saying we spent money in January - and argued that we could get cheaper and better players from abroad. This led to a major confrontation just before the close of the transfer window and a parting of the ways.

I think you're pretty much bang on with that assessment mate.

Interesting. I got a huge amount of abuse for suggesting something similar last week. I was lectured about see him play first.

Now we have...

Sounds very plausible.

Hmm. He has slagged off saints a lot in the past though and said he would never join us.

I can't recall Howe slagging us off, in fact before we played them in the League cup he said some very complimentary things about us being a big club and that was grateful that we had helped them out over the years with signings etc.