New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

If nothing is imminent then it makes the sacking even more strange. Not like Pardew was doing a terrible job and we needed him out the door ASAP.

Seconded.

I was expecting a deal to be 75% done. Otherwise, it's hard to see why AP wasn't retaiend for another week or two.

To have a two week gap before we appoint a new manager would be very annoying. And also very very unusual for any club (let alone one which had fired its manager rather than see him walk out).

I'd think the decision could and should be made in the next day or two.

that would be the same Leonardo that failed at Milan - partly because he didn't actually want to be the manager - he was happy being a Director of Football but was forced to take the hot seat when Ancelotti left!

he was great player - and he's got great contacts in Italy but I think he's proved he's not a manager. he was was criticized for being too pragmatic and unable to change a game (sounds a bit like Pardew)

he'd probably make a great DoF though!

This was on 606

"now dont take this as gospel or as true just what ive heard but apparently pards had an affair with one of the player/staff's wife my source (very unreliable) heard from someone who knows someone who knows another someone who knows another someone

thats all im saying

ohh and paul hart no thanks"

This was on 606

"now dont take this as gospel or as true just what ive heard but apparently pards had an affair with one of the player/staff's wife my source (very unreliable) heard from someone who knows someone who knows another someone who knows another someone

thats all im saying

yep, thats true

I can tell you now that if Hart is appointed Cortese can have my ST back and I'll be taking him to court to get my money back as he's sold me damaged goods. Seriously, I would be very fooked off. When I bought my ST it was with the expectation that Pardew would be the Manager for the season - sacking him AND then bringing in that stinking ex-skate no mark would be the end of it for me. Rant over....thanks for listening...I feel much better now...x

Been a very, very good assistant. Wouldn't be the worst appointment...

disagree we have been the assistant promoted route twice, good assistants rarely make good managers in the modern game.

i know liverpool used to appoint from within but that was before Agents and Money men moved in

the same people involved in the process of picking them before, the ''committee''. Thats why they were hopefull of still making 1 or 2 signings today, as the targets were still there.

but surely Pardew and Downes were on this secret committee , so the question remains once the current targets say no , who picks the new loan targets

Can we afford to appoint anyone other than someone with previous success as a manager?

In my opinion, no, we cannot.

We must get the best available, proven manager out there. Sadly, it means gambles like Clark, Zola et al should not be considered...

Adam Blackmore said that he has had it confirmed from "within the club".

Also implied by himself and Merrington that "inter-personal differences at the training ground" was contributory and not for results reasons.

Also that all current "alternative manager" rumours have no foundation at all - appointment likely to take a week

This was on 606

thats all im saying

mmmmm? So Pardew, Downes and Murdoch were all having an affair with one of the player's/staff's wives? She must be quite a lady!!!!

I heard the very same thing.

This was on 606

thats all im saying