New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

If everyone falls out again, we could be well and truely fooked.

I hope this is the club playing chinese whispers, to build up momentum for a grande management signing...

it will cerainly need to be impressive, everyone (majority) loved AP.

Hart would actually put me off going, the stupid skate ****. hes an established loser

or at least i wouldnt look forward to saturdays anymore, and certainly would not buy anymore tickets for games outside of my ST.

IMHO we are already Fooked, Cortese has seen to that, but the Tw*t still thinks he can keep to the Five Year Plan

With respect, Markus will be turning in his grave already;

Why are people obsessed by it being a "Yes Man" to Cortese? It has been made clear from the information we have gleaned so far that the reason Pardew was relieved of his duties was the untenable situation on the training ground, possibly involving his inability to work with the other coaching staff. This was made fairly clear on the OS. Pards going, IMO, was bugger all to do with him being the nodding dog to the power crazed dictatorial chairman.

And as for the new manager? Bruno Metsu, 100% baby.

If Paul Hart becomes our new manager I will...

... continue to support the Saints just as much as I do now.

How anyone can think differently I don't understand. People threatening to return ST's if they get the 'wrong' managerial appointment are laughable. Never understood this attitude, you either support a club or you don't

I don't want Hart as manager by the way.

I'm worried by Les Reed's supposed power base at the club. He was a crap coach and manager.

Exactly for all the fuss made over him being an amazing youth team development coach how many Charlton super stars can you come up with that he coached to a decent level from his youth academy?

IMHO we are already Fooked, Cortese has seen to that, but the Tw*t still thinks he can keep to the Five Year Plan

With respect, Markus will be turning in his grave already;

Really, you think two promotions over the next four seasons is now completely unreachable because we've lost the guidance of Alan Pardew? If so, I'd respectfully point you to the performance of Norwich last year, who if I remember rightly, did fairly well despite an early change of manager... not that I didn't like Pardew, but with a squad of this quality, I'm not going to be jumping off the Itchen Bridge any time soon, regardless of who is appointed.

Why are people obsessed by it being a "Yes Man" to Cortese? It has been made clear from the information we have gleaned so far that the reason Pardew was relieved of his duties was the untenable situation on the training ground, possibly involving his inability to work with the other coaching staff. This was made fairly clear on the OS. Pards going, IMO, was bugger all to do with him being the nodding dog to the power crazed dictatorial chairman.

Simply because that is the type of person Cortese wants. You do not argue with Cortese, you cannot have an opinion other than Cortese's. Those are just Two things that went against Pardew, culminating in Pardew "wanting" to get Antonio, and Cortese saying NO to paying £1M. On that, I agree with Cortese, but that issue was what broke the camels back IMHO

Whilst many on here wanted Pardew out, it is the manner in which Cortese did it that Stinks, and I would put money on not many of us being too entusiastic in Pardew's replacement

How Cortese can still think the Five Year Plan is still on track defies belief, A Football Club is not a machine Cortese, it involves HUMAN BEINGS

Really, you think two promotions over the next four seasons is now completely unreachable because we've lost the guidance of Alan Pardew? If so, I'd respectfully point you to the performance of Norwich last year, who if I remember rightly, did fairly well despite an early change of manager... not that I didn't like Pardew, but with a squad of this quality, I'm not going to be jumping off the Itchen Bridge any time soon, regardless of who is appointed.

Are you sure about that ??? Because THAT worries me greatly

Simply because that is the type of person Cortese wants. You do not argue with Cortese, you cannot have an opinion other than Cortese's. Those are just Two things that went against Pardew, culminating in Pardew "wanting" to get Antonio, and Cortese saying NO to paying £1M. On that, I agree with Cortese, but that issue was what broke the camels back IMHO

Whilst many on here wanted Pardew out, it is the manner in which Cortese did it that Stinks, and I would put money on not many of us being too entusiastic in Pardew's replacement

How Cortese can still think the Five Year Plan is still on track defies belief, A Football Club is not a machine Cortese, it involves HUMAN BEINGS

So is this your opinion or you have 100% proof with evidence to back this up you can share with us can you.

I'll go with it's just your opinion.

Getting royally hacked off with the number of Manager threads we have had to endure over the past few years. Maybe we should just permenantly have one at the top of the page to rival the Pompey takeover thread in the Lounge.

Anyone seen any tracksuits delivered to anyone this time?

Thinking about it...

Maybe we have approached Paul Hart for manager. However Cortese may be just doing a good job by interviewing everyone available? This just happens to be the only one that's been leaked. Just because Hart is being interviewed does not mean he'll get the job. And the reason he shouldn't get the job should shine through in that interview (and CV to be honest)

if cortese appoints paul hart then worlds biggest dunce award is on the way to his front door! how could anybody in there right mind believe that paul hart is more likely to get us promotion than proven AP? paul hart has never done anything of any recognition!!! surely it cant be true????

Exactly for all the fuss made over him being an amazing youth team development coach how many Charlton super stars can you come up with that he coached to a decent level from his youth academy?

You should probably read (no pun intended) into Les Reed before pouring scorn on his track record.

He was only Assistant Manager at Charlton to Dowie before that he was technical director at the FA (following Howard Wilkinson + proceeding Trevor Brooking) his work since Charlton means that for the position he is employed at Saints there are not many better qualified in England or Europe to do a technical directors role.

Thinking about it...

Maybe we have approached Paul Hart for manager. However Cortese may be just doing a good job by interviewing everyone available? This just happens to be the only one that's been leaked. Just because Hart is being interviewed does not mean he'll get the job. And the reason he shouldn't get the job should shine through in that interview (and CV to be honest)

Yes, but why would he even be interested enough in PH to talk to him? That's what I can't fathom.

Just to say, its silly season today, news gets generated very quickly, some of it has some truth, some of it hear say, the rest is made up to fill in blank spaces.

SFC will be a target while they operate the "blackout"

When AP was appointed its seemed he was above this league, there are a few other big names in there now but 12 months ago there werent.

ML & NC moved quickly because they could, NC is not stupid, yes call him a ruthless, all I am saying is wait and see..

The next manager will be a BIG name.

I don't doubt that what Cortese wants is a manager and coaching team that will enable our fabulously talented squad to beat Plymouth and Leyton Orient at home; two entirely unacceptable results to most of us, Cortese included it would seem.

I expect we'll get Coppell and we'll all be dead chuffed.

i expect a its load of spin and do not trust anything the mad monk puts out.

Just to say, its silly season today, news gets generated very quickly, some of it has some truth, some of it hear say, the rest is made up to fill in blank spaces.

SFC will be a target while they operate the "blackout"

When AP was appointed its seemed he was above this league, there are a few other big names in there now but 12 months ago there werent.

ML & NC moved quickly because they could, NC is not stupid, yes call him a ruthless, all I am saying is wait and see..

The next manager will be a BIG name.

English? As Weston mentioned earlier?

Just a thought - as betting scams seem to be all the rage these days.

Sky run a Sports News channel AND a sports betting company.

Make up a few ridiculous rumours - get a few dim punters to bet on them, and BINGO, more profits for Uncle Rupert.

Seems almost too easy.

Make up a few ridiculous rumours - get a few dim punters to bet on them, and BINGO, more profits for Uncle Rupert.

Seems almost too easy.

and they now have an agenda against us......

Seems almost too easy.

This would be just about right for Murdoch and his weasels.

What have the odds on Hart done???

If they have come in to favourite, surely lay the bet yourself and make some easy money? Is the manager betting on betfair?

6-4 Victor Chandler

Evens Sky

And as mentioned previously, Oddschecker have washed their hands of it.

Let me tell you where I am.

Regardless of how good hart is as a coach; he did vote against the Skates CVA. He wanted the cheating scum fish ****ers crushed to extinction just like me, and a fair few on here.

I like him.

yeah but there is a difference between a manager we like and a manager who is going to get us out of this league! he may be a great guy but he is a s**t coach! he is not good enough!

I remember when Sky 'sources' were convinced Paul Ince was our next manager, 2 days later Nigel Pearson was appointed.

Exactly….. And when bookies stopped taking bets on Strachan coming back and taking over as our new manager, then Pards was appointed.

I can’t believe so many people are getting their knickers in a twist over something that hasn’t even happened.