Fetai: Southampton vil have mig (Fetai:Southampton wants me)

DANISH

http://tv2sport.dk/node/70536

Basically the article says that Saints want to bring in Bajram Fetai. It is stated by the player himself.

Apparently he should have been going to Southampton the 3rd of January to have a look at the facilities and so on, but he doesn't know why Saints has stopped that plan. He still expects to travel to Southampton during January though.

He goes on to say that we had a bid accepted by his previous club FC Nordsjaelland for him on the last day of the August transfer window. However at the time he didn't want to make such a quick decision on his future.

Having see the lad play, I can't really say if the will be good for us or not. He has earlier in his career been on contract at Glasgow Rangers

The good thing is that now he is out of contract, so we could get him for free.

Sorry if posted elsewhere

http://tv2sport.dk/node/70536

Basically the article says that Saints want to bring in Bajram Fetai. It is stated by the player himself.

Apparently he should have been going to Southampton the 3rd of January to have a look at the facilities and so on, but he doesn't know why Saints has stopped that plan. He still expects to travel to Southampton during January though.

He goes on to say that we had a bid accepted by his previous club FC Nordsjaelland for him on the last day of the August transfer window. However at the time he didn't want to make such a quick decision on his future.

Having see the lad play, I can't really say if the will be good for us or not. He has earlier in his career been on contract at Glasgow Rangers

The good thing is that now he is out of contract, so we could get him for free.

Sorry if posted elsewhere

Doesn't it mean 'Southampton will have me'?

Doesn't it mean 'Southampton will have me'?

Nope. If it was Southampton will have me - Then it would be certain that he would join us sometime, which it clearly isn't.

"Southampton will have me" is translated to "Southampton faar mig" :-)

End of todays lesson :-)

Nope. If it was Southampton will have me - Then it would be certain that he would join us sometime, which it clearly isn't.

"Southampton will have me" is translated to "Southampton faar mig" :-)

End of todays lesson :-)

Mange tak!

Google chrome translation of the page:

Fetai: Southampton want me

Bajram Fetai may be heading for English football, where Southampton are interested in downloading the former FC Copenhagen player in as reinforcements.

Southampton chasing a place in the second-best English league and it is this game that they hope to get Fetai in as an auxiliary.

ALSO READ: Fetai: I have the talent to the Premier League

- They were already interested in me last summer and had made a bid for FC Copenhagen, which they had accepted, as I said no to because it was the last day of the transfer window. But the positive is that they really wanted me, "said Bajram Fetai to Kanalsport.dk

The interest is still intact

The ability to come to Southampton is not missing this summer's rejection of English are still interested.

- I should really have been over there here on Monday, but I do not really know why it did not materialize. I should have been over there to look at some facts said Bajram Fetai on.

Fetai plan to go to Southampton later in January, but trainer far with FC Midtjylland.

But can we get him “playing with a smile on his face”?.

That seems to be priority number 1 (as well as winning games of football of course).

So far Lallana and Lambert are both playing with a smile on their face. Maybe if we can get the whole team doing it we can freak out the opposition into thinking we are mental.

If he was wanted by the club in the summer and still is now...then surely Adkins isn't calling the shots on transfers?

We already know that to be the case. As with most clubs there is a transfer committee who look at players and make recommendations. The manager gives a list of who fits the bill and the CEO goes and tries to do a deal. Just because they guy was already on our radar doesn't mean thast Adkins doesn't want him in the building, or has had no say in it.

Can we please try to ensure that all posts have a Nigelism.

If he was wanted by the club in the summer and still is now...then surely Adkins isn't calling the shots on transfers?

You will struggle to find any professional club that doesn't have a transfer policy that involves numerous people on a committee. Head scout, manager, coaching staff, chairman, director of football etc.

If he's out of contract then can't he join at any time, even outside the transfer window?

Nope, there are transfer windows for free transfers. They are longer than the normal windows, but they still can't register to play during certain times of the year. 3rd Thursday in November until 1st of January for example.

In this (Danish) article: http://tv2sport.dk/node/70477 he describes a trial at an unamed English club on Monday that didn't go through, which is presumably the Saints visit he refers to elsewhere. He also says he thinks he's Premier League quality - this despite the fact that he can't get a contract at a club in the top Danish division. Basically it's very obvious that he's bigging himself up. I'd be very surprised if anything came of it.

I hope, he doesn't sign for Saints, as he's a liability with a huge ego.

His time at both Silkeborg and FC Nordsjaelland hasn't proven or been good enough for him to add anything positive to Saints. He thinks himself good enough to be a striker in the Premier Leauge, but hasn't shown anything like that while playing in Denmark.

But can we get him “playing with a smile on his face”?.

That seems to be priority number 1 (as well as winning games of football of course).

So far Lallana and Lambert are both playing with a smile on their face. Maybe if we can get the whole team doing it we can freak out the opposition into thinking we are mental.

F***ing brilliant, still laughing now!!!!