Your help needed (Markus Liebherr Tribute) - DONATIONS SITE NOW LIVE

JustMike

For what it is worth I would avoid the first game of the season. It's never a full house because of holidays etc. Better to pick an anniversary eg. the date of his passing etc.

He died on 10th August so that will be around the time of the first game probably.

Edited by beatlesaint

is it going to be kept at the ground or are you going to be looking after it mike? what if you cant make a match day for whatever reasons ...count me in for a donation because i dont think trivial things should get in the way of doing it, but i would like to know its going to work ...are the kingsland over here going to get a go? :)

Are the club contributing to this aswell? Maybe we could raise as much as possible and see if the club would add to the total to get the biggest one possible? Fair play to the man sorting this out!

Also, will the website be a lasting thing? Or just up and running until enough money was raised? I would like to have a sort of 'Markus legacy' type site that can be updated as we move through leagues, if that makes sense? Rubbish with the whole internet thing, so dont know how much it would cost to run every year. But surely a whip around on here to raise the money every year would be a good idea?

Markus is only really mentioned in this, but I wrote it just after he took over the club;

Each week I stood, arms by my side,

Watching this cursed game.

Damning the man who ruined it all,

And caused me all this pain.

But then that changed; we were saved,

By a man from lands afar.

Almost as if by a miracle,

Or a wish upon a star.

He turned around a 6 year fall,

Right down to the depths of hell.

Now remember this, so to your kids,

Our story you can tell.

We were not the best, we were not the worst,

We were just glad to be there.

In the best league in all of the land,

With the game played good and fair.

But then that changed, something went wrong,

We were undone by one mans greed.

His stubbornness, his arrogance,

And his selfishness he had to feed.

I shall not dwell upon that man,

For now our skies are clear.

Just know that if it weren’t for him,

We would not be down here.

In spite of him, and his mistakes,

We all still sing our song.

And every weekend, without fault,

The Saints go marching on.

So do not fret; that time has passed,

The future’s looking bright.

No matter how bleak things might get,

We'll cheer the Red and White.

From the day we’re born, till the day we walk,

Through heavens pearly gates,

Stand, and stand proud my friend,

For we are, and always will be, Saints.

Bit cheesy and VERY soppy, but you're welcome to use it if you want.

Markus is only really mentioned in this, but I wrote it just after he took over the club;

can i accredit it to you? (would need your name so PM if want)

Are the club contributing to this aswell? Maybe we could raise as much as possible and see if the club would add to the total to get the biggest one possible? Fair play to the man sorting this out!

Also, will the website be a lasting thing? Or just up and running until enough money was raised? I would like to have a sort of 'Markus legacy' type site that can be updated as we move through leagues, if that makes sense? Rubbish with the whole internet thing, so dont know how much it would cost to run every year. But surely a whip around on here to raise the money every year would be a good idea?

That is the plan. No reason why we can't

Yes, hoping to talk with more people today about this and other links

What would be your thoughts on keeping this going and having The Foundation as the official site beneficiary? Could change it annually or maintain the link?

I will contribute when the website is up and running (good idea to use Paypal as an option, although do you not have to pay a lot of commission to them for the privelage?). I also like the idea of keeping the project going through the stages of Markus' and Nicola's plan. In fact, it should also be made clear that Nicola had a BIG part to play in getting Markus to SMS in the 1st place and then orchestrating the plan.

NB: A little surprised that this site is not able to host such a good idea given that the seed was sown via here.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

/\

Their stance seems very much anti the club's new owners and I'm not sure that we want or need a committee when we still have the saints trust to satisfy that role. But I take your point about how succesful it appears, then again Liverpool are a massive club, we're not yet.

Each week I stood, arms by my side,

Watching this cursed game.

Damning the man who ruined it all,

And caused me all this pain.

But then that changed; we were saved,

By a man from lands afar.

Almost as if by a miracle,

Or a wish upon a star.

He turned around a 6 year fall,

Right down to the depths of hell.

Now remember this, so to your kids,

Our story you can tell.

We were not the best, we were not the worst,

We were just glad to be there.

In the best league in all of the land,

With the game played good and fair.

But then that changed, something went wrong,

We were undone by one mans greed.

His stubbornness, his arrogance,

And his selfishness he had to feed.

I shall not dwell upon that man,

For now our skies are clear.

Just know that if it weren’t for him,

We would not be down here.

In spite of him, and his mistakes,

We all still sing our song.

And every weekend, without fault,

The Saints go marching on.

So do not fret; that time has passed,

The future’s looking bright.

No matter how bleak things might get,

We'll cheer the Red and White.

From the day we’re born, till the day we walk,

Through heavens pearly gates,

Stand, and stand proud my friend,

For we are, and always will be, Saints.

Extremely soppy, but I like it. We have ourselves a bit of a closet poet here. :)

Just Mike - a fantastic idea and one that has crossed my mind but please dont pay £2700 for a 10m x 15m for a this tribute, i am in the trade and this can be achieved for half the price and within 5 working days. I think the PM facility is still active on this site. send me some contact details and i can forward a direct supplier to help.

Just Mike - a fantastic idea and one that has crossed my mind but please dont pay £2700 for a 10m x 15m for a this tribute, i am in the trade and this can be achieved for half the price and within 5 working days. I think the PM facility is still active on this site. send me some contact details and i can forward a direct supplier to help.

You have a PM

I just donated £20 via paypal.....thanks for setting this up Mike.

all received, thank you. Just out of interest, when you make the payment, is there a space for notes, so if you wanted to opt out of being added to the contributor list you could request it?

Donated. Nice one Mike.

Can't remember seeing the chance to input my 'tribute words' or opt out of being listed as a contributor though.

tribute words would be via PM on here. As for contributor list I guess i will just do it then if people decide they want to be removed they can let me know.

Must say a BIG thankyou to Baj for letting me have free hosting for this too!