Your help needed (Markus Liebherr Tribute) - DONATIONS SITE NOW LIVE

JustMike

In order to get more and more donations I think you'll need to be able to show a running total and the display the messages that people put in their Paypal comments - people are fickle and like to be able to see a running total and comments (justgiving.com type stuff!)

In order to get more and more donations I think you'll need to be able to show a running total and the display the messages that people put in their Paypal comments - people are fickle and like to be able to see a running total and comments (justgiving.com type stuff!)

I agree.

This ^

Just donated £20. Would love to see a running total. Will do my best to spread the word.

as far as comments go, im not sure if there is a space on the paypal thing, no-one has entered anything as yet. for now, if you want to add your own thoughts, a PM on here is fine, over the next couple of days i will add a contact page to the site so people will then be able to leave their comments via that

@Justmike This thing is bigger than SWF now :) You've got retweets by MattLeTiss and the club, it's not just SWF folks you need to cater for. Mention on the site that any paypal comments will be added to a log on the site and that may well do it ...

really??? scary stuff :)

good idea about paypal comments, will add that now

@Justmike This thing is bigger than SWF now :) You've got retweets by MattLeTiss and the club, it's not just SWF folks you need to cater for. Mention on the site that any paypal comments will be added to a log on the site and that may well do it ...

whats you twitter username?

Forgetting aesthetics I think it needs more details about who what where and when with regard to donation.

Alright for those on the forum, but any outsiders wishing to donate could be put off by a lack of details.

I posted this on behalf on a Saints fan on Twitter.

this is why i asked for any help or advice earlier in the thread.

If there is anything you guys want to add to it, please tell me.

Thanks Saint Armstrong. Mike, you need to show people who stumble across the ML site that it's above board and well regulated so contact details of the person running the operation; what happens in the event of the project being aborted etc, etc. You may even need to have accounts if appealing to the public, I'm not sure. My initial thoughts were "How do I know this is not a scam"? I can see from what's been said on here that it is not a scam but others may not come here to find out.

Paul

Mike

Depending on the plans after the tribute, it may be an idea to leverage MLT if he really Tweeted you to see if he (and his pals) could start off a huge Autograph the flag (and print their name below) campaign.

Getting legends who played for or against us or are fans/respect what Markus did for us to sign it and eventually auctioning it with maybe half the proceeds going to The Saints Foundation and the rest towards a memorial Garden or Staue would be awesome and add great value with little work

In reality, enough "Celebs" Pass through SMS during a season but I would bet something more could be done to take it on to a long term level

Will get my donation in next week. Great job Dude and early candidate for Fan of the Year

yep there is.

paypalx.jpg

Fantastic work Mike, thanks for taking the time to do this.

thanks mate, have seen a few comments coming through.

Am working on progress type counter today as well as a contact type form where people can leave their own tributes.

Good effort Mike. What will happen to any excess money collected?

I think the plan is to give it to you to make sure you don't have to go to work next week.

Donated. Great effort Mikey, looking forward to seeing it next season.

Edited by Thorpe-le-Saint

Good effort Mike. What will happen to any excess money collected?

this is what i need to sort out. others have suggested giving it to the saints foundation, or we can collect for other things, such as a memorial garden etc etc

If permission given from the club it might be an idea to have the screen shot while the players were standing.

Markus smiling with the saints badge either side is cheerful and as he always seemed to be that for me would be extremely fitting.

If permission given from the club it might be an idea to have the screen shot while the players were standing.

Markus smiling with the saints badge either side is cheerful and as he always seemed to be that for me would be extremely fitting.

hoping to be able to get access to alot more pics etc after bank hols

Just wanted to let you all know that the site, with the donation button working has been up for 24hrs now and in that time we have raised....

.....£625!!!

Quality effort so far!

You could get a fortnight all inclusive in Turkey for that...