Your help needed (Markus Liebherr Tribute) - DONATIONS SITE NOW LIVE

JustMike

Mike find out if this forum has functionality to flash message/PM all members? On another forum I use, every now and then when you visit it there's a message comes up in the middle of the screen saying 'the moderators would like you to see this message' which then links to a thread.

We've raised over £3000 so far, so kudos to those who have put their hands in their pockets, BUT we have almost 9,000 members, just on this forum, so there are a lot of members on here who haven’t donated yet. Maybe they haven’t seen the thread? Maybe they don’t visit the forum much? If a PM could be sent to everyone maybe that’d help?

Or maybe they think if Cortese is going to pay the balance anyway they can treat it as a discount off the ST price increase. Of course if there isn't an increase...

Mike find out if this forum has functionality to flash message/PM all members? On another forum I use, every now and then when you visit it there's a message comes up in the middle of the screen saying 'the moderators would like you to see this message' which then links to a thread.

We've raised over £3000 so far, so kudos to those who have put their hands in their pockets, BUT we have almost 9,000 members, just on this forum, so there are a lot of members on here who haven’t donated yet. Maybe they haven’t seen the thread? Maybe they don’t visit the forum much? If a PM could be sent to everyone maybe that’d help?

No response on this yet then! Mike?, Mods?, anyone?, does the forum have functionality?

No response on this yet then! Mike?, Mods?, anyone?, does the forum have functionality?

Beyond putting every name into the send box, no, the forum doesn't have this functionality. Not at mod level or below anyway, unless you count starting a thread as sending a message to everyone.

Possibly at admin level, but I can't answer that one.

Beyond putting every name into the send box, no, the forum doesn't have this functionality.

Crumbs, no that would be a bit time consuming! Nah on some forums it's as simple as a mod ticking a box! Maybe Steve or Baj has the power and can confirm,although I appreciate Steve doesn't seem to be on here much these days and Baj is busy eradicating humour from the forum ;) so we may not get a response.

Total so far £3259.80, as expected only a couple of hundred raised in the past 2-3 weeks.

Mike, you did say you may put up a list of names on your website of those who've donated, is that going to happen? It would be good to see if all those that have said they 'had' or 'would' have actually done it yet...and it would give me a good opportunity to kick a few up the arse at work if they haven't!

Any chance of the 'Pink' article being repeated in the Daily Echo...they must be scrambling for good football stories right now?

Was there any collections at/outside the ground yesterday? could of raised another few hundred at least i would of thought!

Unfortunately its not as simple as turning up with a bucket and telling the story and I think you can get in a fair bit of trouble for doing so.

We need a 'Fans Call' on the OS. That is about the only way of getting the publicity we need.

Total so far £3259.80, as expected only a couple of hundred raised in the past 2-3 weeks.

Mike, you did say you may put up a list of names on your website of those who've donated, is that going to happen? It would be good to see if all those that have said they 'had' or 'would' have actually done it yet...and it would give me a good opportunity to kick a few up the arse at work if they haven't!

Any chance of the 'Pink' article being repeated in the Daily Echo...they must be scrambling for good football stories right now?

yes the contributors list is going to happen but it is very time consuming. As for the Pink article, I did ask but no reply as yet.

The fundraising gig is very much going to happen, just alot to arrange etc.

I would donate, but you have stated that Cortese will make up the rest of the money that is needed. In these tough financial times, I think I will rely on the person who is guaranteed to pay the money for me.

You have enough money to go get beered up and end up sleeping in bush's though don't you Scott. I won't even get started on the drugs...

I would donate, but you have stated that Cortese will make up the rest of the money that is needed. In these tough financial times, I think I will rely on the person who is guaranteed to pay the money for me.

FFS, the man saved our club, yet you can't even be bothered to put in a few quid as a thank you for what he did for us. :facepalm:

Crumbs, no that would be a bit time consuming! Nah on some forums it's as simple as a mod ticking a box! Maybe Steve or Baj has the power and can confirm,although I appreciate Steve doesn't seem to be on here much these days and Baj is busy eradicating humour from the forum ;) so we may not get a response.

I am here, work's pretty busy at the moment so mostly a watching brief for me :wave:

I'd be slightly wary of using the forum to send a bulk email to all users - firstly, we'd be on very dodgy ground as far as the Data Protection Act is concerned, and secondly, when we tried it out some time ago it mashed up the server :facepalm:

I've not really kept up to speed with this thread, so perhaps this question has been answered, but why not just get as big a flag as you can with the money available, rather than look to raise more when presumably the idea is to have it ready for the start of the season or rely on Cortese to make up the shortfall to the current target?

Grandad here - you youngsters with your jokes about the drinkings & the druggings have made my sides split.

This is all getting a bit silly now & has degenerated into a sideshow & thus drifted away from the initial objective.

FFS - can someone with a bit of clout arrange for this to be put on the OS?

COYR - WIFM !

I am here, work's pretty busy at the moment so mostly a watching brief for me :wave:

I'd be slightly wary of using the forum to send a bulk email to all users - firstly, we'd be on very dodgy ground as far as the Data Protection Act is concerned, and secondly, when we tried it out some time ago it mashed up the server :facepalm:

I've not really kept up to speed with this thread, so perhaps this question has been answered, but why not just get as big a flag as you can with the money available, rather than look to raise more when presumably the idea is to have it ready for the start of the season or rely on Cortese to make up the shortfall to the current target?

Steve, originally the plan was for a smaller flag, which we would have raised the money for a week or so ago but after contacting the club it was NC that said to get the biggest possible and initial reaction on here was to go for the larger flag.

Other ways of raising the rest are being considered, one of which should see us reach the target in one hit (dont let that stop you donating though people ;) )

Mike,did you receive my cheque for 25.00 pounds?[if so have you paid it in?],it was sent 11 days ago.Thanks Andy

Keep up the good work.

Hi Andy, yes mate I did, paid it in couple of days ago. Thanks for you support on this

I'd be slightly wary of using the forum to send a bulk email to all users - firstly, we'd be on very dodgy ground as far as the Data Protection Act

This is what I love about this country. Laws that are designed to protect people yet end up being an inhibiter to innocent day-to-day activities.

Nanny state Britain. Sigh.

Anyway, don't wish to steer the thread off track so apologies for venting my spleen for 30 seconds!

This is what I love about this country. Laws that are designed to protect people yet end up being an inhibiter to innocent day-to-day activities.

Nanny state Britain. Sigh.

Anyway, don't wish to steer the thread off track so apologies for venting my spleen for 30 seconds!

Data Protection is a global issue, and other countries have more strigent rules!, e.g. Germany

still need another £2000 ish

Mike, I would recommend getting the best deal you can with the money you have now. People have had more than enough time to donate, and clearly if you want it ready for the Memorial Cup, you're going to have to move pretty sharpish anyway, I'd have thought.

It's only because Cortese said "I'll make up the shortfall" that you've set such a big target anyway, but this isn't about him, it's something from the fans.

still need another £2000 ish

Sorry if it's mentioned earlier in thus thread but I thought cortese was footing the remainder of the bill so not really short of any target. I will donate in next day or two but admit I was less inclined to after hearing that someone with a shed load of dosh will take care of it when every penny I earn I need...

.....but what a mutually encouraging and supportive message it would be if the fans found the money themselves without relying on Cortese to make up any shortfall.

Agree entirely and what a supportive initiative this is to give something to the memory of Markus. Without him, we would not have a club perhaps to support and to spend our hard earned cash in such pleasures.

Sorry if it's mentioned earlier in thus thread but I thought cortese was footing the remainder of the bill so not really short of any target. I will donate in next day or two but admit I was less inclined to after hearing that someone with a shed load of dosh will take care of it when every penny I earn I need...

Oh don't you worry then.

The worst thing mike could have done was say about Cortese making up the difference. Since then donations have significantly dipped. I donated £25 before I heard about Cortese's offer, but it honestly wouldn't have made a difference. My donation is my little thing to show my appreciation.

Oh don't you worry then.

The worst thing mike could have done was say about Cortese making up the difference. Since then donations have significantly dipped. I donated £25 before I heard about Cortese's offer, but it honestly wouldn't have made a difference. My donation is my little thing to show my appreciation.

As I said, I will be making my donation..today in fact. But money really is tight at the moment and just as my donations to saints when on the brink of disappearing were, my donation will be fairly insigificant when Cortese stumps up the rest. Despite him paying a lot more than my measly donation it will no doubt affect his wallet a lot less. Don't get me wrong theres no doubt about whether I want to help or not. Its a great idea. I agree that mentioning cortese's part in it was a shot to the foot...

bye bye new external harddrive I "need", hello donation :)

As I said, I will be making my donation..today in fact. But money really is tight at the moment and just as my donations to saints when on the brink of disappearing were, my donation will be fairly insigificant when Cortese stumps up the rest. Despite him paying a lot more than my measly donation it will no doubt affect his wallet a lot less. Don't get me wrong theres no doubt about whether I want to help or not. Its a great idea. I agree that mentioning cortese's part in it was a shot to the foot...

bye bye new external harddrive I "need", hello donation :)

You'll feel good for it. ;)

Oh don't you worry then.

odd, as I mentioned this before I set it all up. So we have raised near 4000 still with the knowledge that NC was going to help

Mike, I would recommend getting the best deal you can with the money you have now. People have had more than enough time to donate, and clearly if you want it ready for the Memorial Cup, you're going to have to move pretty sharpish anyway, I'd have thought.

It's only because Cortese said "I'll make up the shortfall" that you've set such a big target anyway, but this isn't about him, it's something from the fans.

I agree Steve but have 1 more thing to try before going with what we have