Your help needed (Markus Liebherr Tribute) - DONATIONS SITE NOW LIVE

JustMike

have now added a contact page

Mike, well done on all your efforts. Trying not to sound negative but from bitter experience, you may want to have the comments sent to you for approval before they get posted on the site. There are some weird people out there on the internet that'll abuse it :)

Donated btw.

What a great idea and worthy cause. I have just donated - looking forward to seeing that flag flying at St. Marys on Saturday before we cheer the boys onto victory and promotion - just a shame Marcus won't be there in person to see it.

What a great idea and worthy cause. I have just donated - looking forward to seeing that flag flying at St. Marys on Saturday before we cheer the boys onto victory and promotion - just a shame Marcus won't be there in person to see it.

it's going to happen on 1st home game of next season. we didnt have enough time to raise cash / make flag etc for the Walsall game

Donated, tweeted and posted to Facebook :) Sounds like it's going pretty well so far.

Decent effort on the site by the way - there's a good framework there to add more content as you get it.

it's going to happen on 1st home game of next season. we didnt have enough time to raise cash / make flag etc for the Walsall game

It's a real shame that the club took so long to reply and weren't able to make it happen for Walsall - that would have been fantastic! I suppose we should be grateful that they are supportive of the idea and are open to potentially funding some of it! Hopefully Saints will finish the job in Jannerville so the fans can properly devote the final game to the big man (although sadly I cannot be there).

Not sure how good the donations are going, but even the power of social networking might not be enough to reach the target before people switch off from football for the summer - would it not be worthwhile organising a bucket collection for the final game (again with the club's help to avoid the problems with charity collection licences etc)?

Mike, in your first post you mention the current quote is £2700 - did you receive this, or are you quoting me from the previous thread? If so, it might be prudent to quote the full cost including VAT of £3317.40 - I can forward the quote to you which also includes a 12x8m replica shirt (Liebherr, 62 anyone?) @ £2340 and 20x15m flag @ £6285. Hopefully with the newly acquired industry insider we should be able to slash these costs anyway!

It's a real shame that the club took so long to reply and weren't able to make it happen for Walsall - that would have been fantastic! I suppose we should be grateful that they are supportive of the idea and are open to potentially funding some of it! Hopefully Saints will finish the job in Jannerville so the fans can properly devote the final game to the big man (although sadly I cannot be there).

Not sure how good the donations are going, but even the power of social networking might not be enough to reach the target before people switch off from football for the summer - would it not be worthwhile organising a bucket collection for the final game (again with the club's help to avoid the problems with charity collection licences etc)?

Mike, in your first post you mention the current quote is £2700 - did you receive this, or are you quoting me from the previous thread? If so, it might be prudent to quote the full cost including VAT of £3317.40 - I can forward the quote to you which also includes a 12x8m replica shirt (Liebherr, 62 anyone?) @ £2340 and 20x15m flag @ £6285. Hopefully with the newly acquired industry insider we should be able to slash these costs anyway!

Hi mate, yes that was going by your quote. Will be in touch with the industry insider shortley to see how much cheaper we can get it for

Hi Mike

Great job so far with raising this money, well done. I was one who queried whether you should put up contact details and so was pleased to see you had. I went to the site and clicked on Contact but nothing happened - not for me anyway! But, one thing I wnated to point out was that I believe, from my perspective, it would make donors feel much more positive about donating if there was a physical address and even telephone number. Make it clear you don't, and will not, accept calls between certain hours etc. Please don't take this as criticism as I'm just thinking that those who don't know you may feel more inclined to donate to the cause if it appears to be above board.

Though it's unfortunate that the club dragged their heels, the first home game of next season will roughly tally with the anniversary of Markus' passing and as such would be a fitting time to unveil the flag (especially if progress has been made towards the 5-year plan by then).

Hi Mike

Great job so far with raising this money, well done. I was one who queried whether you should put up contact details and so was pleased to see you had. I went to the site and clicked on Contact but nothing happened - not for me anyway! But, one thing I wnated to point out was that I believe, from my perspective, it would make donors feel much more positive about donating if there was a physical address and even telephone number. Make it clear you don't, and will not, accept calls between certain hours etc. Please don't take this as criticism as I'm just thinking that those who don't know you may feel more inclined to donate to the cause if it appears to be above board.

It was always the plan to add more pages / content as we went along, wanted to get the donation button up and running first. Not too keen about putting my actual address on there but may consider telephone number.

Contact page seems fine, odd it didnt work for you?

Mike-clicked on the Contact tab at the top which opens up another page. That page has "Contact" at the top of the page just above the pic of the tributes book for Markus. If the pointer is placed over the contact it indicates a clickable link by the ;'hand' coming up. When I click on that nothing happens - no new window opens and no email page opens. That's why I'm saying it doesn't work. If you've designed it to be like this fair enough.

Mike-clicked on the Contact tab at the top which opens up another page. That page has "Contact" at the top of the page just above the pic of the tributes book for Markus. If the pointer is placed over the contact it indicates a clickable link by the ;'hand' coming up. When I click on that nothing happens - no new window opens and no email page opens. That's why I'm saying it doesn't work. If you've designed it to be like this fair enough.

ok i see what you mean. Have sightly changed it around now, the Tributes page is where you can leave your own tribute via the small form. The contact page has a couple of boxes and an email link further down the page.

ok i see what you mean. Have sightly changed it around now, the Tributes page is where you can leave your own tribute via the small form. The contact page has a couple of boxes and an email link further down the page.

Hi Mike - that's MUCH better mate lol:) Sorry to be a pain!

Hi Mike

Anyone collecting @ the Walsall game on saturday??

I would imagine most fans will want to be partying instead of rattling buckets for this one.

It would be handy if the club could put something up on the big screens explaining the campaign and directing supporters to the website - backed up with a Marcus tribute.

I would imagine most fans will want to be partying instead of rattling buckets for this one.

It would be handy if the club could put something up on the big screens explaining the campaign and directing supporters to the website - backed up with a Marcus tribute.

Or Include something in the programme, though it may be too late for that.

This may be the opportunity to ask the questions I have always wanted to - can anyone see the game ifhey're stood under one of those flags?? Does everyone have to hold it up, or just the people in the corner? Genuine question....

Added my 2 bob's worth to the site - a very nice idea for a very nice man.

What sorts of things are you looking to add then, Mike?

anything people can suggest really. Am still waiting for the club to get back to me re images. Am in the process of putting together the contributors list too.

A quick thought - if there's not to be a collection on Saturday, would it be worth trying to organise something for the 'All Star' match on Sunday? I'm sure there's plenty of fans that would be willing to contribute but won't hear about this via Facebook/Twitter/the forum and it's pretty much the last chance before the new season.

This may be the opportunity to ask the questions I have always wanted to - can anyone see the game ifhey're stood under one of those flags?? Does everyone have to hold it up, or just the people in the corner? Genuine question....

Added my 2 bob's worth to the site - a very nice idea for a very nice man.

I would guess that the giant flag would be 'passed around' before kick off as the teams come out and then put away to baybe come out again at HT.