Jack Cork Signing Confirmed

Psycrow

I'll bet you the price of an ST that Chambo is not with us come the window closing

I think he'll still be ours, we've stuck a ridiculous price on his head (rightly so) no clubs are willing to match it, and Chambo himself seems quite content to stay here for a little longer - so everyone is happy. (apart from the clubs trying to get him)

I wonder why Gobern left, he'd only have Cork, Chappers, Hammond and Spiderman to get in front of!

Reckon Cork is one of those natural born footballers who could probably play in just about any outfield position.

Massive lol at Mancienne and Henderson being preferred to him for U21's. He's got real class... not an ineffective nudger like so many supposed PL quality midfielders.

What he offers the team, every touch of the ball...

in the Premier League vs Aston Villa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdMhFjcjGO8

in the Championship vs Hull City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNvOJ3Kqd6c&feature=related

Oh Yesss, excellent news!!! I'm just off on holiday tonight, this a brilliant bit of news to depart on. Really rated him when he was here on loan, was hoping against hope we would sign him, nice one Nigel and Nicola.

See you next week.

Burnley had been considered favourites to secure his permanent signature but with reports of Chelsea demanding a fee in excess of £3m, Southampton – financially strong due to the backing of the late Markus Liebherr – moved into pole position

http://thechels.net/2011/07/cork-makes-saints-switch/

£3m !!!!!?????

Bargain if Mills is worth £5Million.

Burnley had been considered favourites to secure his permanent signature but with reports of Chelsea demanding a fee in excess of £3m, Southampton – financially strong due to the backing of the late Markus Liebherr – moved into pole position

http://thechels.net/2011/07/cork-makes-saints-switch/

£3m !!!!!?????

The author of that article is the Chelsea researcher for Football Manager and an employee of Sports Interactive. He knows his stuff, especially about youth football.

Bargain if Mills is worth £5Million.

Wasn't saying he isn't worth it but it is way off the £750k mentioned elsewhere, which I thought was very cheap for a young, quality, in demand player.

Who cares anyway we can afford it and it proves our ambition to the doubters !

I know some won't agree, but that midfield 4 has the ability to do well top flight. Not right away, but they're all improving individually and collectively. If a team can move in and not have to change the midfield, you have an asset money can't easily buy. On a bigger scale, that's why Madrid can't catch barca. Money can't buy a midfield so used to playing together and improving together.

Really like the strategy we're taking and hope we can keep them all long term.

I'd absolutely agree. If someone offered me Blackburn, Wigan or some of the other midfield's compared to us, I'd most definitely say no

What about;

Davis

Cork Fonte Martin Mills

Chamberlain Guly Schneiderlin Lallana

Lambert Barnard

Bench: Bart, Chaplow/Hammond, Connolly/Forte, Dickson/Butterfield/Harding, Jaidi/Seaborne.

To be honest I would be more than happy with this, as we have alot of players our wage bill must be quite high, we don't need to sign anyone else. If we do sign more I expect players to leave to make room.

COYS

From a Forest forum.

Saints source on twitter claims he's rejected them and signed for us.

Twitter: @ForestRav

In football, inequality explains everything and excuses nothing.

17TheDude

scapegoat

Join DateDec 2008

LocationYonkers

Posts8,889

Please be true

joenffc

FOREST!

Join DateMar 2009

LocationMy House

Posts1,424

@JamieOWTS

Very good source says that Jack Cork has rejected #Saintsfc and signed for #NFFC

Lukeyshep I will be delighted if this is true!

Cooky

Rice 21

Join DateNov 2008

LocationLondon

Posts2,161

dance.gif

Joe90

Senior Member Join DateJun 2011

LocationLong Eaton

Posts225

frantic.gif

Lew.

If this goes though, I might start to get excited
25a2rk2.gif

chriscl

Left Winger

Join DateDec 2008

LocationRuddington, Nottingham

Posts3,922

Would be a very good signing if true.

No doubt we will find out tomorrow, but to me he's just the kind of player we should be targeting.

We have to remember who we are - we are Nottingham Forest and people should be scared of coming here. - Dexter Blackstock, 6/10/09

Brolin

Swedish Meatball

Join DateMay 2007

LocationEast Coast

Posts3,194

It's from a guy who has 14 followers and seemingly no background in transfer knowledge.

Lets not take his word as gospel, eh?

:Joe90

That's a Saints ''very good source''
lol.gif
?

HelloThor

he has signed for southampton. it's on their official site.

hellothor.bandcamp.com

twitter.com/tom_whalley

Joe90

Cooky

lol.gif

Joe90

Gutted is an understatement.

TheDude

That sucks
sad.gif

Lukeyshep

For **** sake!

Ravi

Another one bites the dust.

NEWARKREDS!

this is becoming a ****ing joke

THE FUTURES BRIGHT IT'S GREEN AND WHITE! MIGHTY MIGHTY RHP!

IT'S A 20FT COCK AND BALLS MAN!

DezzieD

IF we were in for him this is very disappointing! Just the sort of player we should be going for. The only silver lining is that maybe he's quite similar to what we already have?

joenffc

lol.gif

You have got to laugh

Col

I doubt we were ever in for him.

At least we appear to have other Midfield avenues rather than just two pointless approaches...

incapable hulk

Captain N

Join DateOct 2008

LocationSneinton, Nottingham

Posts4,544

What happened to this drawing power steve mcclaren was meant to have?

It doesnt seem to be working
sad.gif

Maybe it was art wise?

Its going to suck tomorrow, when leicester inevitably announce the signing of routledge (guesswork!)

Ah well, still loads of time!#clutchingatstraws

:lol:

I reckoned we'd signed someone! LOL

ECSTATIC! If there's one position I wanted more than any other, it was midfield. He was great before & I feel will blossom even further under Adkins. So chuffed. I'd seriously thought we'd missed the boat but I am seriously impressed with the professional & discrete manner our club now operate, even if it does unsettle some of the more inpatient & fickle types.

Even better, it should give Morgan a more advanced role and/or hopefully push out the over-rated Hammond. This position is so key. With Sharp being announced hopefully tomorrow, this could go from being a good week to an amazing week! Just in time for Fri & aboard the bus...to the airport...to Switzerland! I think we could be smiling even more tomorrow.

Overjoyed! 4 years too. :0) Onwards & upwards Saints.

Edited by Gordon Mockles

What about;

Davis

Cork Fonte Martin Mills

Chamberlain Guly Schneiderlin Lallana

Lambert Barnard

Bench: Bart, Chaplow/Hammond, Connolly/Forte, Dickson/Butterfield/Harding, Jaidi/Seaborne.

To be honest I would be more than happy with this, as we have alot of players our wage bill must be quite high, we don't need to sign anyone else. If we do sign more I expect players to leave to make room.

COYS

I think we'd miss out on half of his game with him stuck back there, Similar to how we messed around with Surman and Skacel. He's a CM and i'd hope to see him play there 90% of the time.

West Ham fans are a bit gutted too:

very, very disappointed to see cork has gone to southampton

i'm sure people will say that we have plenty of midfielders but they said the same when we ended up not signing sidwell

i'm sure people will say that we will bring in more experienced players on loan instead but I'd rather see us sign some young players who will try and make a mark at west ham rather than 5 or 6 journey men or young players who we never have a hope of signing for real if they are at all succesful

being linked with gradel and cork made it feel like we were trying to build a young pardew-esque team to rise again ....i hope we still do this window but i've got a feeling we're going down the same route G&S used with brum and filled the team with loan players...which will all feel a bit hollow imo

£750k is a bargain for this lad. He is young and has massive talent. If he continues to progress at the rate he has i have no doubt he will get an England cap oneday. Hopefully that will be from playing with us in the PL!

Lallana/Morgan/Cork and Chambo is a mouth watering midfield. Has to be amongst the best in the league?

Can hear Howes tears from here!

Welcome aboard Cork!.....again.....