Jack Cork Signing Confirmed

Psycrow

He seems to get forward alot more these days from watching those videos and seems to overall look a superb player and vastly improved since his last spell with us.

IMO he's a premier league level player, so this is a massive coup for us.

This signing says a great deal about saints and where we are going.

We haven't signed players like CMS who - imho - peaked last season in league 1, Danns who is never going to be top prem player, etc etc

but have signed a very good player now, performing to top level in this division - who could easily get better and better by the team he peaks - he is has the potential to grow with us to mid premiership (the 'ambitious' signings we missed out on would not have that potential)

Some Burnley fans views if anyone is intersted:

Dont think ive ever been as gutted for us missing out on a player. Brilliant signing for Southampton. Cant praise him enough like i said in loads of our games last season. Southampton dont need me telling them what he'll add to the side you've had him before. Id like to think the two seasons he spent with us though did bring him on as a player.

first class attitude and workrate.

good luck Jack

Eddie Howe will be miffed about missing out.,ah well it happens. Have to look elsewhere.

Cork is a superb player at breaking forward. we didnt give him the freedom to do that anywhere near enough. One of the times he did scored our goal of the season away to Preston. Picked it up just inside his own half , spread the ball outwide carried on running and scored a cracking header at the back post to give us a 2-1 win None of the other players we have offer the same as he did

I like that a lot. Can I for just two seconds dream about these four staying with us till they all retire. OK, back to reality, what a great signing. Very happy with this, I hope he keeps improving and shines over the next few years.

Mouth watering isn't it? Cork and Morgan can both pick a defence unlocking pass with pace and trickery out wide, and Chaplow in reserve to do his all action bit!! Incidentally, the whole squad can't be in Leicestershire at the moment because I saw Chaplow crossing the slip road from the M3 onto Winnall Roundabout at about 6 ish... not sure why he's still here... and risking life and limb like that ;o)

Just been on SSN

According to the dopey presenter, we are still in League 1 and pushing for the Championship. Pillock.

It's ok, the 20 places of the Premier League are all they really care about.

The best news ever. Great signing. I guess what swayed it for him is the proximity to London, he doesn't need to move house an can still enjoy the West End Scene. Let's keep them all fit and we'll knock a few off their perches. Where 'though does Mr Hammond fit in now?