Yeovil v Saints

Nexstar

seeing as we are at the weekend...and he said "by the weekend".....it will be next weekend he means

Nigel Adkins' actual words were "I'm sure there might be a little bit of movement over the weekend" not "by the weekend". Which implies today/tomorrow.

Interview starts at 3:40:00 and comments on transfers are at 3:43:00

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00j4zdt/BBC_Radio_Solent_Sport_30_07_2011/

Edited by Matthew Le God

agree...we deffo missed his steel in the middle of the park

I want to see Morgan sign a new contract...like most...get his head down and be part of our gruesome foursome...

I believe he is running his contract down and is off.....I hope not/just trying to get a better deal?

But for the moment I would start Cork and Hammond v Leeds.

WIFM

I want to see Morgan sign a new contract...like most...get his head down and be part of our gruesome foursome...

I believe he is running his contract down and is off.....I hope not/just trying to get a better deal?

But for the moment I would start Cork and Hammond v Leeds.

WIFM

Im sorry mate but you are talking rubbish. How exactly is morgan running down his contract? The last games he has played was against man utd when he dominated scholes etc, then we were 1-1 with swindon and he came on and adkins said he changed the game. He was then injured for a while and on his comeback match got man of the match vs walsall? I thought he looked class when he came on in the week too. Im sorry but he is better than hammond even though I like hammond. You obvliously dont go to many games. Also the guy that says start without Lambert wtf? He has scored 55 goals in 2 seasons. Just because he didnt have the best game in a friendly doesnt mean he shouldnt start. Whos getting on the end of crosses with guly and connolly?

It will be good to have our best midfielder/skipper..Hammo.. back for Leeds game..

Slot him back in alongside Cork and we will produce so much more...

WIFM

Hammond will have to take a seat now. He comes a clear second to Morgan given the requirements and needs of the championship. Very different to that of league 1.

Hammond will have to take a seat now. He comes a clear second to Morgan given the requirements and needs of the championship. Very different to that of league 1.

It may wellmtake NA a Couple of games realise wh is suited to the champ

now back home. Gully was brilliant in the "hole"...always on the ball and never really gave it away...he was pretty lame on the right..

seaborne was very good and had very good distribution...far better than jaidi when he came on..my christ he is soooooooo slow and cannot pass the ball

butterfield was excellent, his delivery at times on the right is top notch

special metion to kelvin and his drag back past their striker

thoroughly enjoyed watch as stroke the ball around to feet until the mass changes...

going from today...my starting line up (i know it does not work like that but sod it)

davis

butters

harding

seaborne

fonte

lallana

cork

morgan

de ridder

guly

connolly

sorry but lambert was pretty poor today...

As he was many times last season yet he carried on playing and scoring I can't see Lambert being dropped. The general opinon of the west brom game was that Guly and Connolly didn't work very well. It will be Lambert and someone up front against leeds I'm sure.

Whole passing game stopped after Cork and Connolly went off and we reverted to humping the ball up to Lambert. Schneiderlin and Chaplow didn't work in midfield. De Ridder looked a bit ordinary. Adkins will have learned a lot I think.

De Ridder? Flash in the pan on Wednesday night perhaps?

De Ridder did not see a lot of the ball when he came on, did have a couple of good touches but more of a worry had to have treatment on his right ankle as the other players left the pitch at the end.

De Ridder did not see a lot of the ball when he came on, did have a couple of good touches but more of a worry had to have treatment on his right ankle as the other players left the pitch at the end.

Adkins said post-match that we didn't pick up any more injuries, so can therefore only assume that it was nothing serious and that de Ridder is ok.

I am not saying Morgan is not a good player.:)

Running down his contract on paper and not his performance which is ok....

Horses for courses and we have a choice of the four for two places....

If Morgan develops his game he will be a good player but not automatic selection at the moment.

My opinion is that NA will start with Cork and Hammond if both fit. Good dilema for NA for certain games...Leeds is a no brainer:rolleyes:

De Ridder in the team with Lambert and Connolly up front..

The manpower will change according to form fitness and tactics....Pleased we have an even stronger squad now.....

Roger.......I get to as many games home and away as possible..If there were clubs lining up for Morgan I would think you were right but til then......The jury is still out....Then again I really do hope he signs a new contract with us and his development is with us.

team for Leeds game depending on fitness.....

Davis

Butterfield Fonte Seaborne Harding

De Ridder Cork Hammond Capt. Lallana

Connolly Lambert

Subs. Bart Jaidi Morgan Guly Chamberlain (if fit) if not Chaplow

Leaving... Dickson, Martin, Barnard, Richardson, Jemmal/Gorkss ? or any other signing.. too late for this game. Have I forgotten anybody?:blush:

Im sorry mate but you are talking rubbish. How exactly is morgan running down his contract? The last games he has played was against man utd when he dominated scholes etc, then we were 1-1 with swindon and he came on and adkins said he changed the game. He was then injured for a while and on his comeback match got man of the match vs walsall? I thought he looked class when he came on in the week too. Im sorry but he is better than hammond even though I like hammond. You obvliously dont go to many games. Also the guy that says start without Lambert wtf? He has scored 55 goals in 2 seasons. Just because he didnt have the best game in a friendly doesnt mean he shouldnt start. Whos getting on the end of crosses with guly and connolly?

I think the earlier poster was trying to make the point that (apparently) there is no sign of Saints signing him up on a LONG contract

There can be Two reasons for this

1) Saints are not interested in extending his contract

2) Morgan has no intention of remaining at St Mary's

Remember, he wants to make the full French Squad, and their Association are not happy with players playing at less than Prem Class

I am not saying Morgan is not a good player.:)

Running down his contract on paper and not his performance which is ok....

Horses for courses and we have a choice of the four for two places....

If Morgan develops his game he will be a good player but not automatic selection at the moment.

My opinion is that NA will start with Cork and Hammond if both fit. Good dilema for NA for certain games...Leeds is a no brainer:rolleyes:

De Ridder in the team with Lambert and Connolly up front..

The manpower will change according to form fitness and tactics....Pleased we have an even stronger squad now.....

Roger.......I get to as many games home and away as possible..If there were clubs lining up for Morgan I would think you were right but til then......The jury is still out....Then again I really do hope he signs a new contract with us and his development is with us.

team for Leeds game depending on fitness.....

Davis

Butterfield Fonte Seaborne Harding

De Ridder Cork Hammond Capt. Lallana

Connolly Lambert

Subs. Bart Jaidi Morgan Guly Chamberlain (if fit) if not Chaplow

Leaving... Dickson, Martin, Barnard, Richardson, Jemmal/Gorkss ? or any other signing.. too late for this game. Have I forgotten anybody?:blush:

I think Guly will start not sure about Hammond

Defeinitely deteriated in the 2nd half. We were so on top in the first half despite the comparative lack of goals, but the changes disrupted the team. At least NA got to see everbody he could, which should help settle his mind on the team on Saturday.

Defeinitely deteriated in the 2nd half. We were so on top in the first half despite the comparative lack of goals, but the changes disrupted the team. At least NA got to see everbody he could, which should help settle his mind on the team on Saturday.

one of the drawbacks in having too many players is that you have to give them a run out from time to time to keep them in some sort of match condition.For me we have engaged too many offensive players who have little chance of being part of the real first team

apart from a few minutes at the end of matches. Playing them for 45 minutes just clogs up what is an otherwise smooth mechanism.Thankfully pre-season is over, everybody has had their share of playing time so now we can get down to the serious business of the Championship where I hope to see a settled side.

I think the earlier poster was trying to make the point that (apparently) there is no sign of Saints signing him up on a LONG contract

There can be Two reasons for this

1) Saints are not interested in extending his contract

2) Morgan has no intention of remaining at St Mary's

Remember, he wants to make the full French Squad, and their Association are not happy with players playing at less than Prem Class

Or, 3) There is still plenty of time, other things are a higher priority (new signings and pre-season prep, for instance) and it will be done in due course.

one of the drawbacks in having too many players is that you have to give them a run out from time to time to keep them in some sort of match condition.For me we have engaged too many offensive players who have little chance of being part of the real first team

apart from a few minutes at the end of matches. Playing them for 45 minutes just clogs up what is an otherwise smooth mechanism.Thankfully pre-season is over, everybody has had their share of playing time so now we can get down to the serious business of the Championship where I hope to see a settled side.

Very true, we just have not seen enough of our first 11 to know exactly where we are. What I have not glimpsed is how this team plays when set up defensively, when the midfield are blocking all those gaps and making things a lot easier for the defence. I am pretty sure what to expect at home from a 442 and I believe we will more than hold our own. But I just cannot see this side as being good enough playing 442 away from home in the Championship, that was a hard enough task in League 1. I like Guly a lot, but have a problem with him playing wide or taking out a defensive midfielder to go into the middle. What I do like is Guly playing just in front of the midfield in a 451, but that would require a lone striker with pace who can play the counter attack. We will never be able to play 442 regularly away from home without it having a severe impact upon our season. It just requires too much effort and energy to support with the quality of players we have.

Adkins said he expects 'some movement this weekend'

What he means is that after this performance he will be ******** himself. It was a timely touch of reality after all the hype nonsense following the mid-week draw against WBA. If Leeds turn us over on Saturday shovels will be needed to clear the area in front of the 'dug-out'

Was very impressed with Seaborne yesterday should start next week for sure!! Worst I've seen Chaplow, got caught on the ball early on and set the tone for the rest of the 2nd half didnt show for the ball was resulted in us trying to dink it into lambert which they loved!! First half was good Cork looked busy as did Guly and Connolly. Would be tempted to start with Deano as he would be more affective.

Just seen the highlights, Connollys goal has to be one of the best worked free-kicks i've ever seen.

We tried plenty of elaborate ones last season, with the odd one coming off. Looking forward to plenty more in the coming months.