Yeovil v Saints

Nexstar

Why do you think this match isn't preparation?

Exactly. We played a Prem team on Wednesday and a League 1 team today, what more should we do ?

Teams in the same league dont tend to play pre-season games against each other, unless its one of these ridiculous tornaments in Outer Mongolia.

Meh,playing a friendly, be it Yeovil or otherwise,has no real bearing on the forthcoming campaign.

Improving fitness,ironing out training ground techniques,allowing new players to 'gel' with team mates and not getting longterm injuries in the process are the aims.

Sat in car

Passed it very well first half. Should have scored more.

2nd half was very meh. More long ball etc

Stand out players

Butters

Seaborne - excellent

Cork

Guly when in the hole and was brilliant

Poor players

Richardson

Chaplow

Jaidi - horrendous

Lambert - to be far got pushed a lot

Forte's goal was very good as was the set piece for the first

That is it

Sat in car

Stand out players

Butters

Seaborne - excellent

Cork

Poor players

Richardson

Chaplow

Jaidi - horrendous

That is it

De Ridder? Flash in the pan on Wednesday night perhaps?

Mate just sent me a text to say De Ridder looked average. Might make those who were jumping to conclusions wait a couple of matches until they make a proper judgement.

Harsh as he hardly got played in. Was in good positions

If he was on in first half he would have got the ball loads more

TBF it's just like our game against WBA except the roles are switched. We're WBA and Yeovil are us. I doubt WBA fans are *****ing themselves about the performence and result.

Agree. Although WBA only played a few 'first XI' starters

"At the end of the day the result isn't important at this stage. We've got a squad of players at this football club and until next week its about getting those players fit and keeping them injury free. We've got a few knocks before todays game and three players didn't get on the bus today. We've got a first class medical and fitness team here and we'll be looking to get those players ready for selection as soon as possible. Thats what you're looking for as a manager - a full squad of players, hungry for success and competing for places. There were a lot of positives from today's game; we passed the ball around and kept possession ever so well, especially in the first half, we've scored two terrific goals and we've picked up no more knocks. The first goal was something we've been working on in training and as a manager its satisfying to see the players take that into the game. Some of our defensive discipline was a little bit disrupted in the second half by the changes we made, but thats something we'll look at, we'll look through the film of the game, we'll analyse where we can do better and we'll get everything ready for next weekend. As you know we're trying to get some new faces into the building but were taking our time to get that right and make sure we add real quality to the good squad we've already got in place here."

Sent from the perfume shop

Sat in car

Stand out players

Butters

Seaborne - excellent

Cork

Poor players

Richardson

Chaplow

Jaidi - horrendous

That is it

Quelle surprise.

Perhaps i should 've kept that opinion to myself,must not dispel the myth that we play decent football for long periods.

Looks like a potential first team to me, though I'd have liked to see De Ridder in there somehow - let's hope for a good performance to build some momentum for the season!

Looks like a potential fist team that might not be frightening a playoff spot!

Maynard........or possibley the coventry striker Justiwiekvitz or whatever his name is.

And a CB.

Don't convince yourself over Maynard, you're only setting yourself up for an underwhelming fall as anyone else isn't going to be as ''wow''.

My overall impression of pre-season is that we can create goals and score goals but we are also conceding too many. I know this is only practice but defensive mistakes will be punished in the real world. They could be the difference between being low to mid table or challenging for promotion. I would really like to see a solid, experienced centre back to partner Fonte. That would make me feel much better.

The important bit comes against Leeds next weekend. I fully believe that we have this squad of players in the best shape for the season ahead, but not sure if we have sufficient to make big enough a dent. To get any where we will need to stop leaking goals and Ricky to lead the line, neither of which has been obvious as yet. Looking forward to Leeds to see where we actually are, even though Leeds are not at their strongest.

now back home. Gully was brilliant in the "hole"...always on the ball and never really gave it away...he was pretty lame on the right..

seaborne was very good and had very good distribution...far better than jaidi when he came on..my christ he is soooooooo slow and cannot pass the ball

butterfield was excellent, his delivery at times on the right is top notch

special metion to kelvin and his drag back past their striker

thoroughly enjoyed watch as stroke the ball around to feet until the mass changes...

going from today...my starting line up (i know it does not work like that but sod it)

davis

butters

harding

seaborne

fonte

lallana

cork

morgan

de ridder

guly

connolly

sorry but lambert was pretty poor today...

"At the end of the day the result isn't important at this stage. We've got a squad of players at this football club and until next week its about getting those players fit and keeping them injury free. We've got a few knocks before todays game and three players didn't get on the bus today. We've got a first class medical and fitness team here and we'll be looking to get those players ready for selection as soon as possible. Thats what you're looking for as a manager - a full squad of players, hungry for success and competing for places. There were a lot of positives from today's game; we passed the ball around and kept possession ever so well, especially in the first half, we've scored two terrific goals and we've picked up no more knocks. The first goal was something we've been working on in training and as a manager its satisfying to see the players take that into the game. Some of our defensive discipline was a little bit disrupted in the second half by the changes we made, but thats something we'll look at, we'll look through the film of the game, we'll analyse where we can do better and we'll get everything ready for next weekend. As you know we're trying to get some new faces into the building but were taking our time to get that right and make sure we add real quality to the good squad we've already got in place here."

Sent from the perfume shop

That is encouraging. A 2-2 draw in a friendly is not unexpected. Obviously the game against Leeds will be revealing.