Petition on line

70's Mike

It's a bit silly really as it means jack ****.

The only realistic ways to remove Lowe are as follows:

1) Offer him stupid money for his shareholding so that he and his allies agree to sell.

2) Buy out the likes of Wilde and Lowe's shareholding allies. Probably for silly money too compared with the share price.

Exploiting the weaknesses with Wilde and the Lowe proxy shares is the best available tactic so that some of them cave in and effectively hand over partial elements of power over the club to somebody else. Probably Crouch at this stage. Nothing new there. But there doesn't seem to be anyone madly in favour of paying over the top for SLH share prices.

Until someone is prepared to pay the OTT market prices demanded by the major shareholders we can assume that they will hang on more or less until the grim death of administration bites and forces them to sell with no profitable way out left.

For those who blithely talk about administration as a way out, remember that all assets will be seized and sold before the club is released from administration. On field and off field where possible.

Edited by TopGun

I was fully behind it until I saw "and for Leon Crouch to return as chairman."

No. F*cking. Thank you.

This is exactly how I feel too. Our club is in dire need of a chairman who can both unite the supporters AND be economically responsible.

As for Crouch, I do not think he fit into none of those criterias...

as much as i dislike Lowe, im not signing that, mainly because of this line...

"Rupert Lowe has been a cancer towards our club for too long"

surely there are more appropriate words

I agree. Also the petition employed very poor grammar and I also disagree with the issue of having Crouch back in charge. I'm afraid that the petition would have more weight if as well as having many signatories it looked as if it were written in good English and made good points about why Lowe should go.

I got to ask. The likes of Scooby and the Fat Lady Sings et al. have all signed a petition to remove him, yet make comments on how great he is???????????

THAT'S THE KIND OF LOWE LUVVIES WE NEED!!!!!!

So consumed with love they will take any oportunity to say how much they love him, especially on website trying to get rid off him.

What next, Labour supporters voting for the Tories just so that they can write on the ballot paper , 'Gordons doing a grand job?'

We are through the looking glass here, people.

I see Scooby has commented "i love lord Lowe " it did make me chuckle.

Somehow, I just slightly suspect that a poster on here has an evil sense of humour and may just have registered a name.

Whoever that was, quality comedy effort mate.

SB next?

I won't sign it, simply because more of the same old same old will make a bad mess worse. All 3 together or all 3 gone, nothing else is acceptable, although the latter is hugely preferable

I agree. Also the petition employed very poor grammar and I also disagree with the issue of having Crouch back in charge. I'm afraid that the petition would have more weight if as well as having many signatories it looked as if it were written in good English and made good points about why Lowe should go.

Totally agree. I'd be embarrassed to sign a petition as badly written as that. Create one that makes properly argued points and doesn't use offensive language and I'll happily come on board, but if we want our views to be taken seriously they have to be expressed correctly.

I got to ask. The likes of Scooby and the Fat Lady Sings et al. have all signed a petition to remove him, yet make comments on how great he is???????????

"The Fat Lady Sings" is a Pompey fan from 606 that changed his user ID to that during our relegation season in response to the numerous "it aint over until..." posts from Saints fans on 606. As this petition originated from 606, I assume his signature and message is purely in jest and having a dig Saints fans.

Somehow, I just slightly suspect that a poster on here has an evil sense of humour and may just have registered a name.

Whoever that was, quality comedy effort mate.

SB next?

I won't sign it, simply because more of the same old same old will make a bad mess worse. All 3 together or all 3 gone, nothing else is acceptable, although the latter is hugely preferable

Thank you ;)

as much as i dislike Lowe, im not signing that, mainly because of this line...

"Rupert Lowe has been a cancer towards our club for too long"

surely there are more appropriate words

Thank you. Ity's not just me who thought the wording was plainly wrong.

I logged on to sign and then straight off again without going further.

I'm sure Barclays will act immediatly when they receive this, I trust the ultimate sender will highlight its importance when sending and request a read receipt so thereafter we know its only days before the announcement :-

"Having received a petition, signed by approximatly 300 'fans' we feel compelled to act and request the removal of Rupert Lowe forthwith"

Barclays Bank

The petition is utter garbage! It is utterly derisable. There is not a semblance of correct grammatical expression in it; it will only confirm "our" rulers beliefs that those who protest are fresh out of the backwoods, Scrap it before all of us are made to look like laughing stocks.

Correct, 270 morons sign a joke petition, Barclay's have 8 million good reasons why Lowe and Wilde shouldn't leave.

I do wish that some of our supporters could just try to be a little less well moronic about things and realise that badly written internet petition means absolutely f all to Barclay's Bank.

The petition is utter garbage! It is utterly derisable. There is not a semblance of correct grammatical expression in it; it will only confirm "our" rulers beliefs that those who protest are fresh out of the backwoods, Scrap it before all of us are made to look like laughing stocks.

Can't it be rewritten with good grammar and more sensibly defined objectives? Or does that effectively nullify the validity of it, as the signatories supported it on the basis of what was written originally? I agree wholeheartedly that it makes us look an uneducated bunch.

Correct, 270 morons sign a joke petition, Barclay's have 8 million good reasons why Lowe and Wilde shouldn't leave.

I do wish that some of our supporters could just try to be a little less well moronic about things and realise that badly written internet petition means absolutely f all to Barclay's Bank.

So Barclays would be happy with us having less and less income due to dwindling fan support at the games? They would be happy with the current direction we are in which looks like admin meaning they lose pretty much all of their £20m they lent us?

No offence but if you think they would be happy with the current outlook then you don't know much about how finances work.

Signing a petition won't make an ounce of difference to what happens at the club. This forum is just a tiny tiny tiny minute % of saints fans. However at least people are trying new things to gather support. It is so easy to sit at a computer and give it the "your all a bunch of morons" speech but those people are the ones who are trying to change things even if the method won't. Which again no offence but they stand a better chance of changing something by doing that then sitting down on a forum criticsing every little thing. That is easy, we can all do that. So they/we might be morons but at least were doing something more constructive then you in regards to finding ways to bring this whole dark cloud over our club to an end. But hey keep critiscing, that will change so much! :rolleyes:

Not signed,

What makes anyone think Crouch can help, we are broke and he isn't rich enough

I also doubt Barclays ability to appoint a suitable chairman who will not look to cut costs accordingly.

I'm afraid chaps investment is the only answer and Barclays are not going to offer!

Have you signed it Window Licker?:)

Ah no not me, I wouldn't want to be associated with such a thing.

Marco...since when did we owe Barclay's 20 million?.

We have a debt of £19.7m from the last annual report. I think we can assume that we have gone over £20m if Lowe says our burrowing has increased. Now im not sure if that money is all owed to Barclays but a fair chunk of it must.