Jimmy Savile

sperm_john

Hmm.

Then what we need is someone to adjudicate on our respective, non-conspiracy theories hutch.

Where's pap?

Right here.

First, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am amazed that Steve Messham claims it was mistaken identity and find it almost inconceivable that the BBC didn't triple-check that (if not more).

Then I consider the fact that the mistaken identity (or more generally, the person making the allegations admits they are all a load of sh!t) revelation is literally the /only/ way that an alleged perpetrator could walk away from such allegations unblemished.

As long as we're keeping our hats metallic and reflective, may as well consider a couple of other names that have been thrown into the mix. Can't really think of a bigger conduit of rumour, gossip and secrets than Max Clifford. Perfectly conceivable that he knows enough to blow the lid off things, but it doesn't matter now; his name is in the mud.

My suspicion is that this is all a bit of public bloodletting to disguise the greater ongoing injury to society.

And I must admit that I'm not usually given to conspiracy theories... but

I think a global media empire that has taken a very public hammering recently over "hacking" has seen an opportunity to create an alternative national scandal to attack a rival media empire and divert attention.

I know there have been one or two serious allegations, but generally I don't think that the fact that grown men were having sex with 17 year old girls 40-odd years ago is news.

Afraid not, unfortunately News Int/ Corp aren't all powerful. The fact people think so massively overestimates their power/ reach. If they were to engineer whatever it is you are suggesting there are some incredibly talented jounos at the Guardian, DT, Indy (not to mention the BBC) etc that would absolutely love to expose such manipulation and wouldn't hesitate to do so. There are also plenty of whistleblowers now at NI that don't want a repeat of the NotW scandal - trust me it hurt at the time.

We are lucky enough to have more national newspapers per capita than any other nation on earth, we have a thirst for news and people have a choice, they can buy what they want. I wouldn't worry too much about them, I worked there for 9 years and didn't see a single ritual sacrifice in that time at all....

Right here.

First, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am amazed that Steve Messham claims it was mistaken identity and find it almost inconceivable that the BBC didn't triple-check that (if not more).

Then I consider the fact that the mistaken identity (or more generally, the person making the allegations admits they are all a load of sh!t) revelation is literally the /only/ way that an alleged perpetrator could walk away from such allegations unblemished.

As long as we're keeping our hats metallic and reflective, may as well consider a couple of other names that have been thrown into the mix. Can't really think of a bigger conduit of rumour, gossip and secrets than Max Clifford. Perfectly conceivable that he knows enough to blow the lid off things, but it doesn't matter now; his name is in the mud.

My suspicion is that this is all a bit of public bloodletting to disguise the greater ongoing injury to society.

I see Max every week without fail, although I guess that will change this week! If anyone can get his name out of the mud though, it's him.

More to come by the looks of it

Police are investigating claims against 25 celebrities of alleged sex offences in connection with the Jimmy Savile inquiry.

At least six of the high-profile figures are expected to be arrested this month and in the new year.

The 25, reportedly mostly television and radio entertainers, are named in a list of tip-offs to Operation Yewtree - the police inquiry set up after late Top Of The Pops presenter Savile was exposed as a serial abuser.

A source with knowledge of the inquiry told the Sunday Times: 'They all end to be white men of the Savile generation'.

In some cases victims will not be identified or press charges. But in at least a dozen cases, police are reported to believe there is enough evidence for the celebrities to be detained.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245375/Jimmy-Savile-police-Detectives-investigate-sex-offence-claims-25-celebrities-expect-arrest-weeks.html#ixzz2EYVyutLH

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Brummie singer of a rather famous Xmas No 1 was the rumour on Twitter

This is a sound bloke, but I am sure he would have ****ged girls 30/40/50 years ago. Have to define 'girl'. Have to understand the change of women's 'emancipation' in the 60's compared to recalcitrant blokes' attitudes. The 60's are often presented as a massive social change, my opinion is that perhaps 20% of the youth were acting 'differently'to before. If you were 16 in 1963, you would be 65 now - I'm sure there are plenty of 65 year old swingers and deviants, but most of the 65 year olds I see are exactly like regular 'old biddies'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

128x128_twitter_bbc_uk_normal.jpgBBC News (UK) ‏@BBCNews

Arrests made in London & Hampshire by police investigating alleged sex offences in wake of Jimmy #Savile scandal http://bbc.in/133St3F

Two men in their 50s have been arrested on suspicion of sexual offences, the Metropolitan Police have said.

Officers from Operation Yewtree - set up in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal - arrested one man, aged 53, at an address in Hampshire.

The second man, aged 59, was arrested in west London at and taken into custody at a London police station.

I would think many may have worked it out by now, his age, associations with JD...but as it's 'manji' that has broken the silence it shouldn't be too hard for others to work out who is suggested.

I didnt break it. Its on the Daily Echo site.

I would think many may have worked it out by now, his age, associations with JD...but as it's 'manji' that has broken the silence it shouldn't be too hard for others to work out who is suggested.

too hard for me though. Who is it?