Jimmy Savile

sperm_john

If it was just groping some chick there should be a statute of limitation on such stuff. ****ing hell most of us would be on a charge if coping a feel 40years ago is considered a police matter. I knew a bloke who used to make a party picece out of it. When he had a few he would say to birds"I bet you £1 note that I can make your tits move without touching them" A lot of them would.tell him to **** off, some would take the bet. He would then get them to stand there and then proceed to have a good rub of their jugs, give them the money and say " thank you, well worth a pound" nowadays he'd probably be on the sex register.

Do you know my best man?

I suspect there was more intent in her tweet than just an innocent enquiry. Her problem is that she drew attention to it and she has a large following. well it just cost the beeb £185k and costs, so I hope the bercow household are not expecting a lavish Xmas this year

And yet, her tweet is utterly inert without the context. She didn't make the allegation or provide the context. I fully accept that she had context in mind when she posted it, but it's a very slippery slope, especially with regard to Twitter.

Is McAlpine going after Steve Messham? He was the origin of the allegation, he has apologised. Bercow has also apologised on Twitter, done much less, and is being pursued.

Thanks guys just seen the news I never knew he was called the hairy cornflake . So can we expect many more well known dj s of that era being called in for questioning ? The police are either being very meticulous or haven't a clue . Weeks ago they said they were about to arrest 9 people

well, I remember seeing a girl front Micky Campbell live on telly about his antics whilst doing Radio 1 Roadshows a few years back. Reckoned she was underage iirc.

• 2 weeks later...
On what basis? For the same reason as all these other accusations? Or was he just a bit odd?

Having googled his name, I can't see precisely what he's been 'accused' of, and it seems ATM he's been released without charge. Let's just say that in our opinion (as dancers) he was somewhat suggestive and familiar. But then so was the guy who 'ate' a hamster (and I used to be on nodding terms with his ex wife). When doing a gig at Lakeside, we did actually lock our dressing room door! But of course, we weren't under age so it was just something we dealt with in our inimitable way :D

I weren't around in the 60s and 70s but i'm wondering if in them days it was ok to bone young girls? Are we judging too harshly from our modern moralities? It's like in them days a lot of people probably done racist jokes, how come no-one's going after people for being dirty racists 40 years ago?

I weren't around in the 60s and 70s but i'm wondering if in them days it was ok to bone young girls? Are we judging too harshly from our modern moralities? It's like in them days a lot of people probably done racist jokes, how come no-one's going after people for being dirty racists 40 years ago?

I don't think the legislation was in place in the 70s to combat things like verbal racism, but more on a practical level with things like welfare and housing provision, employment, etc. Whereas the laws governing age of consent were already in place (give or take the lowering of the age of consent for gay men in more recent years). I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here.

I was around in those days and fairly young children were considered to be safe on the streets, therefore were given much more freedom than today and the opportunity for exploitation was tangible !

Another big downside was that 'authority' was the exclusive preserve of adults and if there was any abuse, the child would be extremely reluctant (ashamed even) to report it !

With the benefit of hindsight, the main offenders were often figures of power (ie. the Catholic church, scout leaders, celebrities, politicians, local dignitaries etc..) and in the previous generation the aristocracy took advantage of their minions and got away with it !

Yes times have changed, but respect for your fellow man (and particularly child !) should have no boundaries !

There is a lot of political correctness around these days which makes some people feel all-knowing and superior but paedophilia and racism still exist so who knows whether morality is better or worse than in former times ??

Edited by eurosaint
Cock up !

I see we're still on the 70's and 80's celebrities/groupies spectrum.

We're probably going to get onto the children's homes, politicians, police, judges and well-connected people's spectrum sometime next week (or perhaps not?)

The Establishment will just continue to throw a ageing celeb to the masses to satisfy the feeding frenzy whilst the rest is hushed up and hidden away, as per usual.

The Establishment will just continue to throw a ageing celeb to the masses to satisfy the feeding frenzy whilst the rest is hushed up and hidden away, as per usual.

I must admit that I'm not usually given to conspiracy theories... but

If I wanted to ensure that the media was ****-scared of pursuing Savile-related enquiries into establishment figures, I'd 'engineer' a false accusation against a wealthy Lord who had the means to pursue legal redress against anyone who defamed him.

It was unlikely to have been engineered, but the effect has been the same - Cyril Smith aside.

Perhaps there's nothing to those rumours? Perhaps they stopped at the false accusations aimed at McAlpine?

And I must admit that I'm not usually given to conspiracy theories... but

I think a global media empire that has taken a very public hammering recently over "hacking" has seen an opportunity to create an alternative national scandal to attack a rival media empire and divert attention.

I know there have been one or two serious allegations, but generally I don't think that the fact that grown men were having sex with 17 year old girls 40-odd years ago is news.

And I must admit that I'm not usually given to conspiracy theories... but

I think a global media empire that has taken a very public hammering recently over "hacking" has seen an opportunity to create an alternative national scandal to attack a rival media empire and divert attention.

I know there have been one or two serious allegations, but generally I don't think that the fact that grown men were having sex with 17 year old girls 40-odd years ago is news.

Hmm.

Then what we need is someone to adjudicate on our respective, non-conspiracy theories hutch.

Where's pap?

The celebs will make the news but i suspect others will also get justice. Max Clifford, i do hope he gets put inside, the amount of wrong doing he has covered up for the celebs over the years. His knowledge of the rich and famous will get him off the hook, he only has to start intimating he will spill the beans (a bad trun of phrase perhaps) and he will be let off.