Updated : Tadanari Lee Set to Sign

Matthew Le Tissier

You can buy a Saints shirt wherever you are. HTH

only online, not in a sports shop.

are we going to shout LLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE every time he touches the ball? i think that would be great and show him how much we like him?

Hahahahhaha you expect us to get a work permit in 3 hours......you have lived abroad too long!

You cant speak to them....you have to fax it in and then hope you get something in the post.....source...the poor young lady I work with!

I can only assume he doesn't view that article as "news".

all the caps were in 2011, surely thats a good sign

Not really 9 out of 17 doesn't make 75%. Japan have played an incredible number of internationals this last year.If Lee had been available for selection for the 2010 World Cup and it's build up matches,June 2010 falling into the 2 year period his games selected to games possible will be very low,something like 30% ish.I don't doubt our management know what they're doing though so although I see obtaining a work permit as by no means nailed on I guess we're confident of getting it.

Leading light and just 10 caps at 26 years old....
thats more caps then Vince Hilaire, Alan Biley and many of your other heroes ever had Lol. of course during the lets 'lets rob the Cancer charity' tour, that lasted 5 years or so you had loads of International stars in your squad lol

are we going to shout LLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE every time he touches the ball? i think that would be great and show him how much we like him?

Think TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA would be better

Meh, who was that guy that was always linked from Hearts at the same time as Skacel. Defender I think, I remember the OS saying we were in talks with him but didn't happen. Mind you, I guess we do have a completely different (and better) group of people in charge of all areas of the club now....Just saying though.

So "Japanese International Star"; "Scored winner against Australia in Asia Cup Final" so waht's missing from the perfect CV

No effing Premier League team is interested....

So how has this amazing talent slipped through the net?

Another Adkins hunch who will soon join Rochdale on loan?

Always a good idea to watch a player a dozen or more times before a) writing him off or b) hailing him as the new Mesiah.

He speaks very little. Probably going to need quite a bit of help adjusting.

best advice for speaking to foreigners with limited English ; choose simple vocab, speak a little slower... and SHOUT !

meantime ..get a Japanse-speaking person - who lives locally - to chat with him and help him settle in...

Edited by david in sweden

So "Japanese International Star"; "Scored winner against Australia in Asia Cup Final" so waht's missing from the perfect CV

Where are you from?

The school of "I know exactly ****e he's gonna be before he's even kicked a ball"??

Lmao

Hooiveld was ****e too of course in your book no doubt...

Fair enough, didnt expect it to be much but fair play to him for looking to make the change. Wonder if we will be bringing in another to help him adjust as we did with Delgado?

Or Fonte with Guly. You need to have a forceful character to make it in an English dressing room and Japanese players tend on the quiet side. Guess Adkins has to figure out ways,without the natural benefit of language, to draw the lad out of his shell without embarrassing him.

Can anyone remember the rules re work permits?

If you've got an in at the Home Office..(like Man.Utd and a few others) ..you can sign anyone, from anywhere...no problem.

The rest of us have to wade through loads of paragraphs of H.O. regulations...and hope he hasn't got any unpaid parking fines in Japan...

Can anyone remember the rules re work permits?

Well you usually have to apply for Governing Body Endorsement which means complying with the FA rules on the subject.

75% of international matches played by the nation within the last 2 years (Lee won't make that,didn't play in the WC 2010) and the nation has to be 70th ranked or higher.Only on field appearances count,subs have to play to qualify and non-selection because of injury has to be proven.

Lee played for S Korea in the youth categories so it may well be a thing of discussion as to when exactly he qualified (or signalled his acceptance) to play for Japan.

Oh dear...perhaps the net has just caught him?

Tad-an-ar-ee. Tad-an-ar-ee. Hey hey hey. Tadanari. As in

From the song "Na na na na. Na na na na na. Hey hey hey. Goodbye"

These puns are really pony. Here's a pun that'll get you thinking...

If we've been planning this signing for a while, then the cheque was probably posted in December.

...anyone spot it? Yes? Then you have too much time on your hands.

(Hands!!! There's another for you.)

Equus. (Just wanted to tidy that one up)

Hahahahhaha you expect us to get a work permit in 3 hours......you have lived abroad too long!

You cant speak to them....you have to fax it in and then hope you get something in the post.....source...the poor young lady I work with!

It was Sibley who wrote to expect something soon, not me.