Adkins

MAY-Z

I see we have all the "wrist slitter", "bedwetter", "WUM" and "doom & gloom merchant" comments on here as expected.

I'd like to know WHY, on the basis of the last 2.5months / 15-odd games, it is NOT a valid question to simply ask "Has NA come as far as he can at his age and at this stage of his career and experience ?"

He is working in rareified air now, this is the last push before the summit. He has done brilliantly for us over the last 18months, but maybe he simply doesnt have it in him to finish the job ?

He had the best transfer window of the division, most of his injured players are returning to availability. But it seems the opposition know how to play us. Whose "fault" is that, ultimately ?

I am concerned that he is not showing enough motivational and tactical dexterity, but I certainly am not calling for his head, yet.

leave that one for the weekend eh?

He sounded proper down and ****ed in his interview tonight. He focuses on positivity but I don't think some players are too far away from being dropped completely for a few games and challenged to prove themselves in training to be worthy of a place in the squad on a matchday.

Never heard him that down before. To be fair, I think he is feeling how we are all feeling. We clearly have the squad and ability to get out of this league, but at the minute it's just not coming together as we'd have hoped. Wouldn't two wins now on the bounce be nice.

Sorting this mess out is his job. This is what its all about. This is what hes paid for. He's been indulged in the transfer market. He rises to the occasion, or he doesnt.

Welcome to the real world. ;)

No.

My daughter is aiming for A+ in all her forthcoming GCSEs. Her teachers are aiming for that for all their pupils too. If she ends up getting a lower mark in some subjects that will still be a great achievement.

Always aim high in every walk of life.

We are aiming high. We're aiming for the champions league I understand. Therefore this bit is the easy bit, surely?

Adkins and indeed the teams' first real test was always going to be how they coped when the wheels came off the bus, that time is now, we don't want to do a Cardiff.

Absolutely. And the signs arent good at all. The happy-clappies were going on about "here comes our little blip". Well, its up to about a third of the season now...

I see we have all the "wrist slitter", "bedwetter", "WUM" and "doom & gloom merchant" comments on here as expected.

I'd like to know WHY, on the basis of the last 2.5months / 15-odd games, it is NOT a valid question to simply ask "Has NA come as far as he can at his age and at this stage of his career and experience ?"

He is working in rareified air now, this is the last push before the summit. He has done brilliantly for us over the last 18months, but maybe he simply doesnt have it in him to finish the job ?

He had the best transfer window of the division, most of his injured players are returning to availability. But it seems the opposition know how to play us. Whose "fault" is that, ultimately ?

I am concerned that he is not showing enough motivational and tactical dexterity, but I certainly am not calling for his head, yet.

Are they valid questions? Yes. At the end of the season (IMHO).

All asking the "Is Adkins good enough?" question achieves with a third of the season to go is that it sets the questioner up for either (a) an "I told you so" moment at the end of the season or (b) an "I'm glad I was proved wrong" moment at the end of the season.

Having a debate about whether the question is 'valid' isn't actually going to achieve anything.

We are merely spectators. What does predicting the outcome of future games based on the results of previous games actually achieve?

How many people were predicting a forthcoming slump when we were in top form in November? Not many I would venture.

So, at least we can all agree that form can change at the drop of a hat, one way or the other.

Let's wait and see how the rest of the season pans out before making prophetic judgements about it.

There again, maybe not...

Whatever happens this season Adkins should be given the chance through to end of Contract. If we struggle in the Championship next season then it may be time for a change. A poor run when we are still second is not the right time to change managers anyway. If i have learned only one thing as a Saints fan over the last decade is that constantly changing managers is not a recipe for instant success. After the amazing season and a half before this loss of form I am astonished by how fickle some of the fans on here are these days.

Absolutely. And the signs arent good at all. The happy-clappies were going on about "here comes our little blip". Well, its up to about a third of the season now...

It's more than that mate. 3 wins in 15, that's almost half the season and three months of football. Don't worry though we've got the ex commercial manager at Man City "on the bus", new ticket barcode scanners coming in, still second, a fantastic chairman doing a wonderful job, played well for 45 minutes again Cardiff, the club is going places, in Adkins we trust etc

Edited by Turkish

Yes we've had some disappointing results recently and our form has been bad. Football is a confidence game and we carried that confidence from promotion last into this season (and far beyond where it should have ended). Like any big night out, the hangover is painful, but after a couple of 'never agains' you'll still get out on the lash the following week.

The last few games have shown our swagger returning and I think they'll turn it round. The fact that we're still in 2nd just goes to show what a fantastic foundation we've built in the first half of the season.

There are fans of this club who've got axes to grind and they're like pigs in **** with the recent form. Yet if you read their posts there is just criticism or "we're doomed" - they have no answers (except for the lunatic suggesting Warnock which is crazy talk). I think Nigel will turn it around.

It's more than that mate. 3 wins in 15, that's almost half the season and three months of football. Don't worry though we've got the ex commercial manager at Man City "on the bus", new ticket barcode scanners coming in, still second, a fantastic chairman doing a wonderful job, played well for 45 minutes again Cardiff, the club is going places, in Adkins we trust etc

What is your suggestion then?

- Get rid of Adkins? Replace with whom? By the way, getting rid of Adkins from a top 2 club would be treated with ridicule by the thinking football world.

- Get rid of the Chairman? Which effectively means getting rid of the funding, and not sure what material difference it will make at this stage.

- Replace the Liebherrs with whom? Perhaps we could get SISU in?

- Change the formation? To what?

- Change the players (limited scope here but within the squad).

Alpine has got his strikers (and looks like we'll get cover at CB too if we need it), what's the next target of ultimate doom and gloom?

I really don't know what all the fuss is about. Regrettable to go out of the cup, of course, but ultimately we used the match as a vehicle to blood in a couple of youngsters and to give a run out to players returning from long term injuries. Had the priority been to progress further in the cup, then we would have fielded a stronger team and consequently have risked our chances in the league because key players were over-exerted. We can have our cup run when we are back in the Premiership. At the moment it is all about concentrating on promotion and the cup matches are a distraction.

I really can't see how some posters can't just look at the situation from the next match, going forward from there. The position is that as the team in second place in February, a position that very few would have predicted with any conviction at the start of the season, we have strengthened in the January transfer window. Most would have had Sharp high on their list of desirable strikers to bring in and Lee is a bonus. Other significant plusses are the return of Chaplow and the emergence of Puncheon, almost like a new signing, with something to prove. Martin has grown immeasurably since Hooiveld's injury and Hooiveld is close to returning himself. Where is there any weakness in the squad?

What would the wrist-slitters have been saying had they been West Ham fans, after they got tonked by Ipswich? So they came back to beat Millwall at the weekend and we would have beaten them too had we played our strongest team. Shortly we have the opportunity to reduce WH's lead by 3 points when we play them. Other teams fighting for the top two spots will also take points from each other, suffer injuries and suspensions. We now probably have better cover than most in those eventualites.

This league is like all the others, a marathon and who amongst us would have grabbed your hand off if offered this position at this stage?

What is your suggestion then?

- Get rid of Adkins? Replace with whom? By the way, getting rid of Adkins from a top 2 club would be treated with ridicule by the thinking football world.

- Get rid of the Chairman? Which effectively means getting rid of the funding, and not sure what material difference it will make at this stage.

- Replace the Liebherrs with whom? Perhaps we could get SISU in?

- Change the formation? To what?

- Change the players (limited scope here but within the squad).

Alpine has got his strikers (and looks like we'll get cover at CB too if we need it), what's the next target of ultimate doom and gloom?

Please don't quote the imbecile when he has nothing constructive to say. He's clearly a wind-up merchant and I have him on ignore.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about. Regrettable to go out of the cup, of course, but ultimately we used the match as a vehicle to blood in a couple of youngsters and to give a run out to players returning from long term injuries. Had the priority been to progress further in the cup, then we would have fielded a stronger team and consequently have risked our chances in the league because key players were over-exerted. We can have our cup run when we are back in the Premiership. At the moment it is all about concentrating on promotion and the cup matches are a distraction.

I really can't see how some posters can't just look at the situation from the next match, going forward from there. The position is that as the team in second place in February, a position that very few would have predicted with any conviction at the start of the season, we have strengthened in the January transfer window. Most would have had Sharp high on their list of desirable strikers to bring in and Lee is a bonus. Other significant plusses are the return of Chaplow and the emergence of Puncheon, almost like a new signing, with something to prove. Martin has grown immeasurably since Hooiveld's injury and Hooiveld is close to returning himself. Where is there any weakness in the squad?

What would the wrist-slitters have been saying had they been West Ham fans, after they got tonked by Ipswich? So they came back to beat Millwall at the weekend and we would have beaten them too had we played our strongest team. Shortly we have the opportunity to reduce WH's lead by 3 points when we play them. Other teams fighting for the top two spots will also take points from each other, suffer injuries and suspensions. We now probably have better cover than most in those eventualites.

This league is like all the others, a marathon and who amongst us would have grabbed your hand off if offered this position at this stage?

Wes, I usually read your posts with interest, but I am a bit disappointed with the tone of this one. Especially the trap you've fallen into of using the term "wrist-slitter".

If last night was the "training match with bells on" that you make it out to be, why did Adkins himself sound so f**ked off by all accounts in the post-match interview ?

Also, do you not think last night with cause a confidence issue to be carried forward ?

Wes, I usually read your posts with interest, but I am a bit disappointed with the tone of this one. Especially the trap you've fallen into of using the term "wrist-slitter".

If last night was the "training match with bells on" that you make it out to be, why did Adkins himself sound so f**ked off by all accounts in the post-match interview ?

Also, do you not think last night with cause a confidence issue to be carried forward ?

I don't know why, he's very dull and has an odd outlook to say the least. This is the poster who thinks we can make the champions league in 50k stadium using the reasoning that they said man would never walk on the moon, remember? Got to love this place; anyone who doesn't toe the party line of everything is wonderful is a WUM or a a wrist slitter. Meanwhile the self titled intellegent posters ignore our relegation form, the claims of our chairman that we are going to win the league and skip to games just grateful that our form 4 months ago was good.

I don't know why, he's very dull and has an odd outlook to say the least. This is the poster who thinks we can make the champions league in 50k stadium using the reasoning that they said man would never walk on the moon, remember? Got to love this place; anyone who doesn't toe the party line of everything is wonderful is a WUM or a a wrist slitter. Meanwhile the self titled intellegent posters ignore our relegation form, the claims of our chairman that we are going to win the league and skip to games just grateful that our form 4 months ago was good.

I find that Wes tends to speak sense, but the part of your post I've highlighted I agree with completely.

Us fans might not have but our chairman did. And now we are where we are should be just be grateful that we've done better sofar than we hoped or subscribe to the mantra "in Adkins/Cortese we trust" afterall they said we are going for promotion. Anything less will be faliure, yes?

And you don't think, second in the table is 'going for promotion'. Words fail me where you are concerned, all you ever do, is have a dig at the club/manager/Chairman/players, and wonder why others think you are a skate on a wind up ffs

And you don't think, second in the table is 'going for promotion'. Words fail me where you are concerned, all you ever do, is have a dig at the club/manager/Chairman/players, and wonder why others think you are a skate on a wind up ffs

Utter rubbish. I give credit where it's due. God knows how we are second, 11 points from out last 11 is relegation form. The manager and players don't deserve credit at the moment do they? With the exception of Lambert who has played consistently well since the end of November? Has Nige won a game with his great tactics or turned a game with a half time rocket? Who deserves credit for playing badly?

Well, I suspect that as the Adkins comments came shortly after we had lost the game when Millwall scored in the last minute of the match, it was probably a gut-reaction, no different to my own. With the benefit of a good night's sleep, I have a more sanguine take on it and I'm sure that Adkins does too. Anyway, what was he to say in the interview? Thank God that the cup is out of the way, so that we can concentrate on the league? He might actually think that, but cannot say it, lest he be condemned for not taking it seriously, therefore upsetting fans who made the effort to turn up on a bitterly cold winter's night.

Personally I don't think that there will be a confidence issue with the team, half of whom did not play. In fact, several of the players might well take heart from their own contributions last night. Lallana is getting back to his best. Lambert will have had a boost from his goal. Chaplow and Barnard will have relished the opportunity to get some match fitness. Martin again did well. Young Reeve will feel that he has acquitted himself well. Lee gained valuable experience of a full-blooded FA Cup match. The existing first team players like Fonte, Harding, Hammond, have no reason to reproach themselves for their performances. Other first team regulars like Schneiderlin, Fox, Cork, etc, will be chomping at the bit to get stuck in to the next match, as will Sharp.

Who did you feel would be the players whose confidence will have taken a knock?

Utter rubbish. I give credit where it's due. God knows how we are second, 11 points from out last 11 is relegation form. The manager and players don't deserve credit at the moment do they? With the exception of Lambert who has played consistently well since the end of November? Has Nige won a game with his great tactics or turned a game with a half time rocket? Who deserves credit for playing badly?

Umm! well yes, he has. Short term memory loss have we?

We are into the third year of our 5 year plan. We are 2nd in the league therefore are above target.COYR.

Plans dont always run as intended. NC was probably surprised at our progress up until November, so has committed funds in the window to bring in NAs targets to bring the plan forwards to this season. I seem to recall he did something similar in the January window with Pardew, and that ended in tears.....

NA has taken us from the bottom of League One to the top of the Championship in a lot less than 2 seasons.
I don't get comments like this. Top of the championship in December, although great, actually means nothing. It shows progress, yes, and progress is good, but it's where we finish that counts. The league table doesn't lie and we are where we are on merit, but the season is 46 games long. Leading the Olympic 100m final at 70m means little if you end up in 6th place.

I'm happy with Adkins and the squad. We just need to get our form back. We've shown that we can do it.

COYS

Well, I suspect that as the Adkins comments came shortly after we had lost the game when Millwall scored in the last minute of the match, it was probably a gut-reaction, no different to my own. With the benefit of a good night's sleep, I have a more sanguine take on it and I'm sure that Adkins does too. Anyway, what was he to say in the interview? Thank God that the cup is out of the way, so that we can concentrate on the league? He might actually think that, but cannot say it, lest he be condemned for not taking it seriously, therefore upsetting fans who made the effort to turn up on a bitterly cold winter's night.

Personally I don't think that there will be a confidence issue with the team, half of whom did not play. In fact, several of the players might well take heart from their own contributions last night. Lallana is getting back to his best. Lambert will have had a boost from his goal. Chaplow and Barnard will have relished the opportunity to get some match fitness. Martin again did well. Young Reeve will feel that he has acquitted himself well. Lee gained valuable experience of a full-blooded FA Cup match. The existing first team players like Fonte, Harding, Hammond, have no reason to reproach themselves for their performances. Other first team regulars like Schneiderlin, Fox, Cork, etc, will be chomping at the bit to get stuck in to the next match, as will Sharp.

I dont see it as an individual thing. I am talking about looking forward to the rest of the season and the prospect of winning promotion - as a team. I cannot believe when they get together for training today that the atmosphere isnt subdued.

Put him on ignore, Ginge. The forum is much more enjoyable when you don't have to endure the drivel that emanates from his puerile, infantile little brain. It's a pity though that there is no device that prevents one having to see his comments when his remarks are quoted.

Two very good points made,some of which i have been trying to address for a while but met with the usual response as i have highlighted in the part in bold.

Anyone who who contemplates a change of manager at this stage is wrong to do so,something most of us would agree.

Adkins rode the crest of a wave for a considerable time on the back of promotion,with what was a very strong side for league one,mostly in part thanks to Alan Pardew.

He has brought on Hoiveld and Cork,although i believe he was destined to return be it down to Adkins i am not completely convinced,and now Sharp which could prove pivotal these acquisitions appear substantial but that is as far as it goes......the amount of under par dross he has brought in has concerned me.

He has not made such an impact as the likes as Pardew did who picked up the club by its bootstraps and transformed it, Adkins is now at the helm and steering the club on a course that was already set by his predecessors' Adkins was very fortunate to what he had on his arrival.

Now he has to do it on his own merits.....i sincerely hope he can do it.....shame he could not find players of the ilk of Waigo or Antonio who made a big impact,instead of Forte ,De Ridder,Bignall and even N'gussan who under Adkins was poor.

Lets hope Tadanari Lee makes a positive contribution.

Scunny reached its level then dropped like a stone,i hope history does not repeat itself to the same degree.

I dont see it as an individual thing. I am talking about looking forward to the rest of the season and the prospect of winning promotion - as a team. I cannot believe when they get together for training today that the atmosphere isnt subdued.

If there are no individuals who have cause to feel down because they let the team down, then why should the team feel flat, especially those who played no part in yesterday's match? It is Adkins job to make the team focus on the sole target for this season, which is promotion. I believe that he is a good manager from the point of view of psychology. How far were we expecting to go in the Cup as a second division team, anyway? After all, even both Manchester teams are already out. Adkin's approach of drawing a line under the last match and concentrating fully on the next one is spot on (apart from the line being blue). Thank God that the sort of negativity sometimes shown on here is not part of his make-up, or his task would be a lot harder. After all, if you start off from a position that a target is not achievable, then you are already halfway to not achieving it.

I must admit, on the way to work this morning, I had my first thoughts about Adkins not being up to it. Don't get me wrong, the guy has had one hell of a run, but the squad, to money.....and an impatient owner, know to have a short fuse, he must be getting as flustered as us.

I really do hope NA can pull it back on side, but the slump is spiralling now, and the kick in the teeth last night will only make things worse.

Deep breath...try and keep the faith!

3 points at WHU, come on you Saints!

For me, Whatever happens now, Adkins has done a great job this season. I would have been happy with a mid table finish and beat the skates at SMS. Obviously I will be gutted if we don't get promoted, but I neve imagined we would be in this position so my expectations have been raised. How anyone can seriously think about changing manager is beyond me. Adkins should at least be given to the end of the season and probably another season before this is even discussed in my opinion- he at least deserves that. He might even turn things around and get us up! No- one knows yet!

Why is it that no one throws in any solutions, the likes of Alpine and Turkish etc. all this negativity but they never actually say what should be done... either they have not got the bottle to say 'sack Adkins' or they themselves have no idea what the problem is currently, and how to resolve it. Dont come on here with problems, come on here with solutions!

Why is it that no one throws in any solutions, the likes of Alpine and Turkish etc. all this negativity but they never actually say what should be done...

Its a valid comment.

I dont think throwing money at the situation will work now - we've had a great window in comparison to the teams around us.

The issues for me revolve around physical presence, aggression, motivation, and tactical dexterity.

Motivation, aggression and physical presence could maybe be solved if Chaplow regains form quickly; it seems something is lacking in the two of Cork/Morgan/Hammond set-up. Otherwise lets look for an aggressive midfield general on-loan. I am hoping this would rub off on some of our other players. It feels like far too often the opposition get in our face whilst we are trying to walk the ball up the pitch and into the goal.

Tactical dexerity is the real challenge. Does NA have the ability to mix it up ? If he does, lets hope with almost the full squad available again he can show it. Otherwise this is a bit of an intractable problem under the current management.

Now he has to do it on his own merits.....i sincerely hope he can do it.....shame he could not find players of the ilk of Waigo or Antonio who made a big impact,instead of Forte ,De Ridder,Bignall and even N'gussan who under Adkins was poor.

Well that's one way of looking at it I suppose, Lard. Not sure I concur with your concern with the "amount of under par dross" Adkins has brought in. In addition to the likes of Forte, N'Guessan etc that you mention (who, lets face it, were all pretty cheap gambles) he has also brought in first team players such as Chaplow, Cork, Fox, Hooiveld, and Sharp, plus very adequate squad players in Lee, Butterfield, and de Ridder.

Our form at the moment is sketchy at best; no getting away from that. Last night was disappointing in that our team wasn't significantly below par, and yet we still lost and conceded three goals into the bargain. That really is one area that we need to tighten up, particularly away from home, if we're to get our promotion dreams back on course.

To be fair to Adkins, we have had a few key players missing lately, and Lallana is certainly not producing like he did at the start of the season, which is very much key to us being a successful side. But the time for excuses is over; players have returned, and we've strengthened up front with one of the division's top scorers while neglecting to strengthen the central defence (outlined by the fact that we've only kept 4 clean sheets in our last 16 games).

Burnley away next, then West Ham, which gets us out of a month when we've played 3 of our main promotion rivals. We need to kick on, Birmingham are on fire, Blackpool have surged up the table, West Ham will be strong all season, and I don't see the likes of Cardiff or Boro dropping away any time soon. Looking at the fixture list post West Ham, there is aboslutely nothing there (except perhaps Boro away) that we should be concerned about; every game is 100% winnable. Its still well within our grasp (of course it is, we're in 2nd place) but we need a revival in results and performance if we're to achieve our lofty ambitions.

Edited by The Kraken

How about you address the issue ?

Only worth addressing the issue if I dont think there is an issue. I have absolute confidence in adkins ability to motivate the team and tactically instruct his players. Sure we are having a bad time but whist we all agree that going to to the beginning of the season on a roll full of confidence exagerates our abilities its also worth noting going through a patch of bad form and subsequent lack of confidence is also going to make them look worse than they actually are.

The question is do i think adkins is capable of turning round thier lack of confidence or not? I absolutely do so its not an issue i think worthy of discussion. On the same note i consider those doubting thomases to be the ones that are overly negative and too many of those in the ground on matchday will not help.

Watching saints on saturday against cardiff showed me if anything that thier are few better teams than saints.

There you go thats my opinion..

For me, Whatever happens now, Adkins has done a great job this season. I would have been happy with a mid table finish and beat the skates at SMS. Obviously I will be gutted if we don't get promoted, but I neve imagined we would be in this position so my expectations have been raised. How anyone can seriously think about changing manager is beyond me. Adkins should at least be given to the end of the season and probably another season before this is even discussed in my opinion- he at least deserves that. He might even turn things around and get us up! No- one knows yet!

Jesus H. Christ - who has said the manager should be changed ? A few people have said it is time for him to stand up to the plate and show his worth; that's all...

Only worth addressing the issue if I dont think there is an issue. I have absolute confidence in adkins ability to motivate the team and tactically instruct his players. Sure we are having a bad time but whist we all agree that going to to the beginning of the season on a roll full of confidence exagerates our abilities its also worth noting going through a patch of bad form and subsequent lack of confidence is also going to make them look worse than they actually are.

The question is do i think adkins is capable of turning round thier lack of confidence or not? I absolutely do so its not an issue i think worthy of discussion. On the same note i consider those doubting thomases to be the ones that are overly negative and too many of those in the ground on matchday will not help.

Watching saints on saturday against cardiff showed me if anything that thier are few better teams than saints.

There you go thats my opinion..

Why do you think that ? The "minor blip" had lasted about a third of the season already, and not much has improved.

You must have been watching a different game than me if you think that Lallana is anywhere near his best, or that Martin did well and Fonte and Harding have no reason to reproach themselves for their performances.

A top post.

I wish i could have written that..

Thank god we have some sensible fans who post to try to balance out the over the top ones...

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

r

No other reflection other than the marathon analogy.Good marathons are either run at even pace or in negative split, ie the second half is faster than the first. Bad marathons are almost always caused by going out too fast and then imploding so that at the end you can hardly put one foot in front of the other.So in our case the marathon comparison is not at all valid cos well we hit the wall at the end of November,at about 10 miles !!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Window Cleaner

Our problems started when our settled side became unsettled due to injuries and Lambert's suspension.

Hopefully we can begin to settle again, but now there is welcome competition, regular players are going to have to accept they may have a fight on their hands to get selected in the first XI- I am thinking here of Do Prado, Connelly, Barnard, Hooisveld, De Ridder and Tadanari.

Talking of Lee I heard he made a few good runs off the ball last night. Well that's great but not if you don't have a midfielder who can find you with an astute pass and, at present, with Cork, SAchneiderlin and Hammond all being so one dimensional we just don't have that sort of player. One reason our forwards sometimes are accused of lacking penetration.

Oh for a Jimmy Case who was also a leader on the pitch, something else presently lacking.

Talk of Adkins's job being on the line are ridiculous. I reckon he has built up enough brownie points with NC for at least another 12 months.

Its a valid comment.

I dont think throwing money at the situation will work now - we've had a great window in comparison to the teams around us.

The issues for me revolve around physical presence, aggression, motivation, and tactical dexterity.

Motivation, aggression and physical presence could maybe be solved if Chaplow regains form quickly; it seems something is lacking in the two of Cork/Morgan/Hammond set-up. Otherwise lets look for an aggressive midfield general on-loan. I am hoping this would rub off on some of our other players. It feels like far too often the opposition get in our face whilst we are trying to walk the ball up the pitch and into the goal.

Tactical dexerity is the real challenge. Does NA have the ability to mix it up ? If he does, lets hope with almost the full squad available again he can show it. Otherwise this is a bit of an intractable problem under the current management.

So you are saying that Adkins should be given more time then. Which is basically to the end of the season, its either now or then really. Theres no point waiting another 5 games or so, you either believe in him now for the rest of the season and commit to that, or you make the change now and bring in someone like Warnock. But you, Alpine are actually saying, whilst not good enough, he should be givin to the end of the season, which is basically what everyone else is saying, agree?