New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

Would people be demanding stripes if a remake of the air Florida kit came out??

I think not

It's an interesting question. What was the reaction like when that kit first came out?

We view it as a classic now because we've seen Keegan, Ball, Channon etc in it. Before that though...?

Absolutely delighted with both kits. Classy, understated, elegant. I was hoping for this or the Rank Xerox so my first choice has happened. Well done to all at the club. We should stop getting so hung up on specific sixes of stripes and move onwards and upwards. Will be proud to wear these tops and the team will look the business.

Incidentally, how would people feel if the away had been the home kit? It wouldn't be that different from the sash kit, both mainly all white kit and both look pretty smart IMO. But then the all white with some red bits doesn't cry out Liverpool.

The Cardiff stuff is taking it a bit far! If Cardiff had changed to blue and white stripes perhaps, but they haven't changed pattern and design, they've completely changed the colour of their badge, branding and kit.

I don't think I'd mind the red shirt so much, if it just had a hint of being "Saints" about it. Maybe black shorts and white socks might have done it. We'll never know now though.

Away kit is really nice. But runied IMO by our "new" Liverpool home kit and the white one being the accompanying away number from that era.

You're missing an opportunity here.

T-shirts with 'We want our stripes back'. Scarves with 'We are Southampton, we play in white stripes' etc. Come on Turkish, where is your business nous?

Clearly a gap in the market for a Tunisian souk style fake saints striped shirt made from cheap nylon. Coming soon to a premier league Market stall near you.

You always post about how concious you are of other fans' opinions on our club - who gives a ****e what they think about our kit?? Seriously? It's a piece of fabric worn on the pitch...

Which only proves that you have no grasp of football culture.

Clearly a gap in the market for a Tunisian souk style fake saints striped shirt made from cheap nylon. Coming soon to a premier league Market stall near you.

Everyone is complaining about the shirt. They're all forgetting how amazing the look will be with the red foam hands that all St. Mary's attendees will be wearing this season, adorned with the "Manchester Red Devils, we're coming for you" slogan.

this is comepeltly off topic but who is the player on the poster for the home kit with Tanarni lee just above them? its the one with Jay rod faintly cheering in the background, is that a new player by any chance becuase I have no idea who it is!

Main picture is Tadanari Lee, other three are Jay Rodriguez.

AwkpwJFCIAA6gdD.jpg

this is comepeltly off topic but who is the player on the poster for the home kit with Tanarni lee just above them? its the one with Jay rod faintly cheering in the background, is that a new player by any chance becuase I have no idea who it is!

I haven't quite worked out what picture you are talking about unless it's one on Saints Player to which I do not subscribe. However, I am slightly concerned at the appearance of John Hartson in a Saints kit on the left hand side, over Guly's right shoulder!!

Worst looking kit in all my time supporting Saints ever, shocking mid eighties liverpool replica !

There is a limit to how far you can try to spin the club can do no wrong, but I have got to say this is the worse kit we have ever unveiled. The shorts could have been navy blue as they were before the war but as things stand it looks like we have bought a job lot from a Toxteth charity shop. Absolutely horrendous. What a way to celebrate a return to the Premiership - I am embarrassed. Who the f+++ came up with this montrosity should be shot or made to spend a week in Skatesville wearing it.

Agree with the above posts.

Had Lowe foisted this on us there would have been great uproar over disregarding the club's traditions etc.

I haven't quite worked out what picture you are talking about unless it's one on Saints Player to which I do not subscribe. However, I am slightly concerned at the appearance of John Hartson in a Saints kit on the left hand side, over Guly's right shoulder!!

Sorry - I meant to say that was in reference to the main poster with the diamond of hundreds of players, etc.

Personally I'm not a fan, but I think that's because I'm not used to it and it looks like a training kit. The white one is alright and if we start winning games of football in it (beating Man City?) it'll grow on me for sure. We need to steady a bit with the Nicola bashing simply for this.

More importantly stop hiding Kelvin in the preview video - I want to see what the keeper kit will be like...

Would people be demanding stripes if a remake of the air Florida kit came out??

I think not

As far as I'm concerned, that kit still was essentially red & white stripes - this kit isn't. I loved the Rank Xerox/Air Florida kit, and if they'd done something based on that I'd buy it in a second. But this? No thanks.

I didn't mind the sash kit because (a) it was a special commemorative kit for a good historical reason (though making a big deal of 125 years as opposed to 100 or 150 was a bit ropey), and (b) it was unlikely to get confused with anyone else.

We have no historical precident for playing in all-red, and absolutely no non-Saints fans will see the shirt and associate it with Southampton. Liverpool, Forest, Barnsley, Bristol City, Accrington Stanley? Yes. Southampton? No.

As far as I'm concerned, that kit still was essentially red & white stripes - this kit isn't. I loved the Rank Xerox/Air Florida kit, and if they'd done something based on that I'd buy it in a second. But this? No thanks.

I didn't mind the sash kit because (a) it was a special commemorative kit for a good historical reason (though making a big deal of 125 years as opposed to 100 or 150 was a bit ropey), and (b) it was unlikely to get confused with anyone else.

We have no historical precident for playing in all-red, and absolutely no non-Saints fans will see the shirt and associate it with Southampton. Liverpool, Forest, Barnsley, Bristol City, Accrington Stanley? Yes. Southampton? No.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToYCNsbzRuNyY4t-swEwKdjB64GjETsC0p-kvtTj7MWwphKHl6mGtxImMeFQ

Personally I'm not a fan, but I think that's because I'm not used to it and it looks like a training kit. The white one is alright and if we start winning games of football in it (beating Man City?) it'll grow on me for sure. We need to steady a bit with the Nicola bashing simply for this.

More importantly stop hiding Kelvin in the preview video - I want to see what the keeper kit will be like...

Jack Butland will be unveiled in the new GK kit ;)

Cr@p! ESSENTIALLY the xerox kit was red at the edges with a fook off white panel down the middle. Not red and white stripes at all. The new kit, weather you agree or not, consists of red and white stripes. You cannot argue with that.

Thank f**k it's just for one season.

This.

It's hardly the end of the club, or our history, or the world. Touch of perspective? This time next year it will be all forgotten - I actually struggle to remember last seasons away kit off the top of my head. If you really don't like it, you won't have to put up with it for all that long. It is only the kit FFS, I'm far more concerned about what the players wearing the kit are doing.

I actually don't mind either, not my favourite, but they're alright.

What an absolute load of Kr*p

Cortese has got the wrong vibes over this one

From a distance we will look like Liverpool, Man U, Charlton, Middlesboro etc etc

ie, from a distance we will look like PLAIN RED

What a load of Sh*te

It will NOT be like watching SAINTS

SAINTS ARE RED AND WHITE STRIPES

Thank you Cortese, for giving US FANS a say on OUR OWN TEAMS SHIRTS

What an absolute let down

This.

It's hardly the end of the club, or our history, or the world. Touch of perspective? This time next year it will be all forgotten - I actually struggle to remember last seasons away kit off the top of my head. If you really don't like it, you won't have to put up with it for all that long. It is only the kit FFS, I'm far more concerned about what the players wearing the kit are doing.

I actually don't mind either, not my favourite, but they're alright.

Can I politely refer you to section 6.2 of your TSW membership agreement and remind you that such sensible, considered views have no place on here.

What an absolute load of Kr*p

Cortese has got the wrong vibes over this one

From a distance we will look like Liverpool, Man U, Charlton, Middlesboro etc etc

ie, from a distance we will look like PLAIN RED

What a load of Sh*te

It will NOT be like watching SAINTS

SAINTS ARE RED AND WHITE STRIPES

Thank you Cortese, for giving US FANS a say on OUR OWN TEAMS SHIRTS

What an absolute let down

Congratulations , you win the Runners up position in the "St. Dave from Sweden impressionism awards".

Impressive adaptation of the familiar boring, long-winded nonsense. Good use of capitals. But nowhere near enough italics and underlining to win first prize.

Better luck next time.

Edited by The Kraken

Congratulations , you win the Runners up position in the "St. Dave from Sweden impressionism awards".

Same boring, long-winded nonsense. Good us of capitals. But nowhere near enough italics and underlining to win first prize.

Better luck next time.

Well that and the fact there's no reason why we would have a say in the kit. I don't think you have to have a fan involved at the club to ensure you get a shirt with red and white stripes.

Didn't Gecko Saint do our kits in 06/07? Didn't particularly like them either, so there's no guarantee a fan will get it right either.

Well that and the fact there's no reason why we would have a say in the kit. I don't think you have to have a fan involved at the club to ensure you get a shirt with red and white stripes.

Didn't Gecko Saint do our kits in 06/07? Didn't particularly like them either, so there's no guarantee a fan will get it right either.

If only we had a fan on the board, we wouldn't have to put up with this FFS. Where is Um Pahars when you need him? I want to read his opinion in the echo.

Cr@p! ESSENTIALLY the xerox kit was red at the edges with a fook off white panel down the middle. Not red and white stripes at all. The new kit, weather you agree or not, consists of red and white stripes. You cannot argue with that.

No, you're wrong. It also had white panels/stripes on the sides, so ESSENTIALLY was a striped shirt. An irregularly sized striped shirt, but a striped shirt nonetheless.

I know this as I have just got my old kit from that era as my mum was clearing out her attic and found it up there.

Picture from another poster...

airflorida.png

Edited by SW11_Saint

One of the dumbest statements I've heard so far in defence of the shirt.

"You don't by the shirt because you like it, you buy it to support the team"

Why? You buy shirts because you like them or find them fashionable? Some would say that's dumb.

Easier to understand that people wear shirts that make no sense in any other setting because they're a symbol of support. Obviously better if they're not totally hideous.

Edited by shurlock