New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

It's cheap and tacky looking and that's exactly what you will look like if you wear it but at the end of the day

The shirt looks quite classy imo its just the sponsors logo that looks stuck on and a bit cheap - but thats pretty usual for football shirts because the logo and the shirt are designed separately at different by different people. No sponsor logo was one of the reasons the sash looked good.

Wheres Turkish, our forum's own Gok Wan when you need him?

FWIW- classic vertical stripes do nothing for the fatties out there. Think of it as an act of mercy by our compassionate chairman :smug:

True, like I said above the style guide that is Turks and Duney were obviously consulted... The Capitalist approach was taken. It will not ahve escaped NCs notice that y having stripes, it allowed poor working class fans to 'blend in' often wearing stripes from 2001/2 season rather than in vest i a new one.... now anyone in teh ground weraing stripes will be ousted as a cheap'skate' and made to pay double for the Balti Pie... and driven from the club by the self appointed style police.

The away kit with slightly thicker stripes would have been better. Don't mind the shirt but to put it with red shorts and socks just isn't us - they have effectively changed the clubs colours.

Reminds me of some non-descript kit you can get from any team supplier.

Also sharps tweet saying they'll get used to it is hardly a ringing endorsement from the players.

Happy to see something other than stripes, but home kit looks dull, its not as bad as the yellow kit - the worst kit I've seen for years, but pretty poor. However, strangely the away kit looks like the best kit we have ever had. Love it. I never buy replica kits, but I am actually tempted. Nah.

Thanks Frank but IMO it's shilt which is the opinion over 50% so far of the 140 on the site versus the 30k odd fans so really a representative sample

Sorry havetaken the liberty to correct that to - only pulling the chain. Fair enough if you dont like, but it is just a shirt - sometimes with these things a little bit of controversy helps spark a bit more interest... bit of a marmite design, but got a feeling we will see a fair few shifted.

So, on reflection, now we've all had a chance to think about it, is the kit

A) Gash Bags

B) Better than gash bags but still woeful

C) Very much managable and really ok

D) Surprisingly nice

E) Jizztastic, a Monday morning must have..

Can`t get too excited one way or the other.

Without trawling through the thread (yet), my view is that I like it. Smart pinstripes, and the red in our two colours was always my favourite. I think this is a kit that may grow on people, but even if not, next summer the club turns around, says it made a mistake, changes the kit and reaps the rewards of a whole new bunch of buyers that also bought this years' shirt.

Granted, it's not as good as the sash IMO, but nothing will be. That was unique. It probably helps though that i didn''t like last year's shirt. I'll be getting this.

shame really as I liked our yellow kit

Could have done with a wider pin stripe tbh

Likely to either use the yellow at Stoke and Sunderland or launch a third kit for the first time since the Umbro deal came in. I would lol if it was red and white stripes... maybe they're just trying to drum up some kind of fan action to get people invested in it.

Probably giving them too much credit there...

There are some seriously overdramatic comments on here, but I'm not surprised.

There is a limit to how far you can try to spin the club can do no wrong, but I have got to say this is the worse kit we have ever unveiled. The shorts could have been navy blue as they were before the war but as things stand it looks like we have bought a job lot from a Toxteth charity shop. Absolutely horrendous. What a way to celebrate a return to the Premiership - I am embarrassed. Who the f+++ came up with this montrosity should be shot or made to spend a week in Skatesville wearing it.

There is a limit to how far you can try to spin the club can do no wrong, but I have got to say this is the worse kit we have ever unveiled. The shorts could have been navy blue as they were before the war but as things stand it looks like we have bought a job lot from a Toxteth charity shop. Absolutely horrendous. What a way to celebrate a return to the Premiership - I am embarrassed. Who the f+++ came up with this montrosity should be shot or made to spend a week in Skatesville wearing it.

I realise as a historian you may have more of an emotional connection to this sort of thing, but it is just a kit at the end of the day that we will have for less than a year. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a rubbish kit, I just don't see what the fuss is about. There are stories that have come from the club that are far more concerning than this sort of thing.

lol

New era, new look.

I like it, a fresh cool new look to compliment a fresh new beginning for Southampton FC. Saints have worn several different kits over the years, the 85 centenary kit was predominantly red. I don't get all the hissy fits, I was bored with red and white stripes anyway.

If you don't like it, wear last seasons kit....or don't.

Im ordering mine tomorrow. Not so keen on the away shirt, but its different, so I'll embrace the change.

Red = Power and Authority

Well balanced opinion Duncan as you and I are two older posters (I would think) all though I am happy NC helped save the club there has been to much of our history swept under the carpet.

Likely to either use the yellow at Stoke and Sunderland or launch a third kit for the first time since the Umbro deal came in. I would lol if it was red and white stripes... maybe they're just trying to drum up some kind of fan action to get people invested in it.

Probably giving them too much credit there...

All this moaning then they bring a red and white striped third strip lol that would be a slap in the face

I am just glad its not the Pony kit era again tbh

Agree totally FF. it's the sort of 'generic' kit I see on teams on a Sunday on Clapham Common.

I had prepared myself for something awful, but truly hadn't anticipated something as bland and unimaginative as this. After two classic kits they had to screw up sometime, but this is just beyond the pail. Our identity wiped out in one go. Ironically, I like the away kit. In fact I'd stomach the away kit as our home kit more than that awful cheap looking thing we have.

Straight to #1 as the worst kit in our history I'd say.

Edited by SW11_Saint

Don't mind the shirt too much, the red shorts and socks don't work IMO. The away kit would look quite classy if it weren't for the fact that it completes the whole Liverpool theme.

Anyone think Cortese might have been a Liverpool fan growing up?