New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

Step awaaaaaaaay from the endless pedantic nitpicking argument you're about to get drawn into. The broad point that we usually play in stripes is completely relevant.

I know, I know....what was I thinking? It's been a long week and I have a beer in hand...must do better in future!

Have we "done a Cardiff"? Although as we were a red and white team anyway, a change to all red isn't quite as dramatic.

Note Japan international Tadanari Lee as the key figure in the home shirt promotional photo...

AwkpwJFCIAA6gdD.jpg

Lallana is kicking the ball off Lees knob

Edited by sussexsaint

So what do we think of Trouser's carpet then? Too much Blue? bad fitting? This is the real Story and one that we shoudl be focussing pour attention on. Man up the the real issue boys and girls.

I'm pretty distressed that his skirting board appears to be made of white tiles and both the picture and wall light are out of scale with the room. Kind face though.

Now here's a proper home kit...

_38624363_jmpaine220.jpg

...but I guess, as has been pointed out, the club is looking for a new image for a new era. There are media pressures, too. How many times last season did you hear a TV commentator say something like "Oh, those names are almost impossible to read against the stripes."

If next season is successful, I don't expect the kit will be an issue.

So what do we think of Trouser's carpet then? Too much Blue? bad fitting? This is the real Story and one that we shoudl be focussing pour attention on. Man up the the real issue boys and girls.

Mods, this demands a poll.

Can we have a 'it's ok but not quite the Saints kits that we've been used to over the last 40 or so years (which, normally have been red and white stripes....)' answer?

just watch the clip on saintsTV.

we have had the sash, full red kit, stripes (more so) a half and half type of kit....

this is just another slightly different kit to the non stripe design

You should call yourself 'Jeans'

The carpet is a bit of a shocker....and it looks like you could do with getting a paintbrush on the skirting boards TBH;)

Also his thumb is in a strange position - but is it a kind thumb?

Mrs C who likes to think she knows a thing or two about design... does feel that the waves in carpet need sorting pronto Trousers

Ok the kits are pretty poor, and everyone's entitled to their opinion. However, some of the comments on this thread are simply pathetic. Grown men throwing their toys out of the pram over the wrong type of stripes and the wrong colour shorts. You need to get a life

So if we don't like the shorts changing colour we should keep it to ourselves? I think its a far more important issue than many, many things that have been discussed to death on here.

Should certainly not be dismissed out of hand as you suggest.

I think this might be a cunning plan by Nicky. Give a brief to design the worst kit ever and then a whole new kit can be brought out in 12 months and everyone will say how much better it is and buy it.

We are the new Nottingham Forest. I hate it. And it's cheap and nasty to boot.

IMO the worst kit we have ever had.

It certainly rivals the mid 80's 'Steve Zodiac' and the Pony tick, although to be fair to Pony at least they attempted something akin to stripes.

The away kit, just looks like some daft c^nt at UMbro or St Mary's forgot to "save" the design before submitting the template back.

Ok I voted "Is this really all we have to talk about?" but I was kind of prepared for this kit because of the ITK posters on here. Now I've seen it on the players, especially the shot of Tandari Lee I think it looks ok and that I will grow to like it. The main problem with the design (apart from not being red and white stripes ;) ) for me is the heavy white outline on the aap3 logo. If it was a little less heavy outline stroke it would look better I think.

just watch the clip on saintsTV.

we have had the sash, full red kit, stripes (more so) a half and half type of kit....

this is just another slightly different kit to the non stripe design

According to this http://www.the-football-club.com/southampton-kits.html we have had what can only be described as red and white stripes in the 116 years since 1896, with the possible exception of 1985-1989 and maybe 81-83 (and clearly 2010/11) - 107 years of red and white stripes. Since 1950 we've had black shorts in all but 2010/11. 61 years out of 62.

That's why I say it's ok, but not quite Saints. That's it really.

I like both kits, especially the away one but I'm not sure that they represent the saints brand. If the whole stadium has alternating home and away kits like the promo shot it would look awesome. (Not volunteering to coordinate that)

It certainly rivals the mid 80's 'Steve Zodiac' and the Pony tick, although to be fair to Pony at least they attempted something akin to stripes.

The away kit, just looks like some daft c^nt at UMbro or St Mary's forgot to "save" the design before submitting the template back.

I liked the pony kit, it was different and was the MLT shirt. This one is just awful and not a Saints shirt. It's just like a forest shirt and even the old Liverpool shirts (the crown paints ones) from the 80's (spit).

Have we "done a Cardiff"? Although as we were a red and white team anyway, a change to all red isn't quite as dramatic.

Note Japan international Tadanari Lee as the key figure in the home shirt promotional photo...

AwkpwJFCIAA6gdD.jpg

WHERE'S THE WHITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry really do not like this kit :-(

odd to say the away kit is ok though. ??????