New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

We didn't have a standard red and white striped kit for the entire 1980's. Which included the most successful period in the clubs league history.

We are all aware of that, but as I posted a few days ago, I'm knocking 40 and as an adult I've only seen Saints not playing in stripes at home in the sash season, so you have to expect a bit of backlash.

behind cork is steve bennet.. the pitch announcer person

Oh Christ you're right.

Sorry but I think that's a poor idea and it's not a kit I'll be buying. Very disappointing - I'm just glad I didn't hype the whole thing up unlike hundreds of others. If I had, I'd be suicidal right about now.

Let's face it. The Saints that most of us have known all our lives died in 2005. We are now in a new age, with a new Saints created in the image and dreams of Liebherr and Cortese. Can anyone not support their dream, their achievements?

The team is dead, long live the team. Into the future and put the past to rest.

We are all aware of that, but as I posted a few days ago, I'm knocking 40 and as an adult I've only seen Saints not playing in stripes at home in the sash season, so you have to expect a bit of backlash.

Why only include your adult years? So as a child you would have grown up starting to love Saints and they didn't play in stripes. It was only as an adult that they started to again.

Let's face it. The Saints that most of us have known all our lives died in 2005. We are now in a new age, with a new Saints created in the image and dreams of Liebherr and Cortese. Can anyone not support their dream, their achievements?

The team is dead, long live the team. Into the future and put the past to rest.

This

Well that saves price of 3 kits for this year.

HATE the strip we are red AND white not red!!!!!

And yet we've never sang 'come on you whites'.

Not that I don't agree with you by the way, but just pointing that out.

Is Kelvin wearing skins this season for us then?

He will be going completey commando, trialling a new patent protected third 'glove' which featers a single 'finger' and pouch - the EPL have approved this as with new Goal line technology, there shjould be no confusion when the balls cross the line.

Kelvin was heard to comment ' will take some getting used to, but I guess some fans will love it, some hate it, and I may fee devensively a little 'exposed' untill we sign a new CB, but I heard that we could only get Ramos if we played in red so should be worth it'

Why only include your adult years? So as a child you would have grown up starting to love Saints and they didn't play in stripes. It was only as an adult that they started to again.

I wasn't a Saints fan until I first moved to Southampton aged 18. Why labour the point ? The non-striped shirts are massively in the minority anyway.

We didn't have a standard red and white striped kit for the entire 1980's. Which included the most successful period in the clubs league history.

OK, thanks.....I think we may have had one mainly red shirt with white sleeves, but still had black shorts (I think). This is a much, much bigger departure from that....or don't you agree?

I don't know what the big fuss is about to be honest. It's not vile, it's not a travesty and it's not going against our tradition.

It's a football kit, which actually looks quite smart. It's a change and we all know that typical human beings don't like change, personally I think it's to be embraced. Pretty refreshing, not bad a tall.

OK, thanks.....I think we may have had one mainly red shirt with white sleeves, but still had black shorts (I think). This is a much, much bigger departure from that....or don't you agree?

Step awaaaaaaaay from the endless pedantic nitpicking argument you're about to get drawn into. The broad point that we usually play in stripes is completely relevant.

I love the promotional campaign , lots of lee who I am sure will be significant for us next year and the stripes poster is epic. THe team need everyone at SMS behind them to do their jobs. A real sign of unity that would have some to the near east very jealous indeed.

Shocked when I saw it initially but it's growing on me, and we don't seem to keep kits very long anyway. At least we won't look identical to stoke

Yup, there we go, Blackburn's 2013 GK shirt is the same as the Norway one (though not the one they wore against England recently):

5644l-1.jpg

We'll probably have that style, depends what colours they have in it.

Here's the possible keeper kit for those who wanted to see. Maybe different colour, definitely won't have a Blackburn badge on it.