New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

I like the home, LOVE the away and will get that one. Saints play in red and white do they not? So next season we will be playing in....err...red & white! Don't get all the histrionics on here about a kit. If you don't like it fair enough but some of the stuff spouted on here about boycotts, worst kit ever (in 127 years!!!), disgrace, blah, blah blah is laughable. Get a grip.

I don't see why that is so funny. It is after all an opinion and we don't have that many different designs for home kits to choose from.

its all just over the top. as said, what makes this kit bland and the same red and white stripes not..

granted we do generally have the stripes..but not always and certainly not 2 years ago.

there have been times when we have had no stripes at all...at least this one does..JUST

even if they altered last seasons kit, most people would have said on the thread...ITS SHYT....BORING, DULL, UNIMAGINATIVE

The away kit with slightly thicker stripes would have been better. Don't mind the shirt but to put it with red shorts and socks just isn't us - they have effectively changed the clubs colours.

Reminds me of some non-descript kit you can get from any team supplier.

Also sharps tweet saying they'll get used to it is hardly a ringing endorsement from the players.

Sharp isn't impressed with his picture either. Says it's not him! "how bad is that,there not even my legs,and I don't wear them boots.poor"

And just in from Jack Cork... "they put the same legs on me as you sharpy. Just I have skinny legs anyway so you can't tell"

There is a limit to how far you can try to spin the club can do no wrong, but I have got to say this is the worse kit we have ever unveiled. The shorts could have been navy blue as they were before the war but as things stand it looks like we have bought a job lot from a Toxteth charity shop. Absolutely horrendous. What a way to celebrate a return to the Premiership - I am embarrassed. Who the f+++ came up with this montrosity should be shot or made to spend a week in Skatesville wearing it.
Absolute classic post ha ha!

Well balanced opinion Duncan as you and I are two older posters (I would think) all though I am happy NC helped save the club there has been to much of our history swept under the carpet.

'Well balanced'?! The original poster suggested the designer should be shot. I would hate to see what sort of comment you think is over the top.

It's only a bloody kit, FFS, and I didn't see many people suggesting that the sash disregarded our history. And likewise with the Rank Xerox kit back in the 80s. And the many other kits in our recent history which haven't been red and white stripes. Thankfully the football will start relatively soon and you moaners will have something important to moan about.

its all just over the top.

Why is it over the top to say it is the worst kit in our history in their opinion? I would say it is up there as a particularly poor and unimaginative kit. Going mental over it would be OTT but saying you really dislike it on a messageboard is not.

as said, what makes this kit bland and the same red and white stripes not..

It's an opinion. I personally prefer red and white stripes because that is what I assosciate with saints.

granted we do generally have the stripes..but not always and certainly not 2 years ago.

Yes but there was a reason for the change two years ago.

there have been times when we have had no stripes at all...at least this one does..JUST

even if they altered last seasons kit, most people would have said on the thread...ITS SHYT....BORING, DULL, UNIMAGINATIVE

Well that's just speculation founded on very little. Since Cortese have been here this is certainly the poorest reaction to a kit I have seen (and I include offline friends and acquaintances in that)

Well that's just speculation founded on very little. Since Cortese have been here this is certainly the poorest reaction to a kit I have seen (and I include offline friends and acquaintances in that)

truth will be the first home game....see if hardly anyone is decked out in it

'Well balanced'?! The original poster suggested the designer should be shot. I would hate to see what sort of comment you think is over the top.

It's only a bloody kit, FFS, and I didn't see many people suggesting that the sash disregarded our history. And likewise with the Rank Xerox kit back in the 80s. And the many other kits in our recent history which haven't been red and white stripes. Thankfully the football will start relatively soon and you moaners will have something important to moan about.

For me it isn't the fact that it isn't red and white stripes, it is that is completely unimaginative and looks pretty rubbish IMO. It's clearly not the end of the world but it is a shame that we couldn't have something that looked better to herald our return to the premiership.

truth will be the first home game....see if hardly anyone is decked out in it

Whilst the success of a kit will be measured ultimately by sales, there will clearly be people who buy the kit just because it is the new one regardless of their opinion of it. There may also be people who buy it because we are now a premier league club. I would suggest that we would get a certain level of sales whatever kit we had as long as it is was red and white.

Mr. F Fella doesn't mix his words! Can't really say for sure if it's the worst in our history, being only 23, but it's certainly the worst since I began supporting the club.

Do you not remember the Pony tick? And the blue away version of it. Christ, I'd venture those were two of the worst kits ever in football, let alone for us.

Where is Dean Hammond? I know he's no Brad Pitt but he's the skipper at least; I thought he might have been given some prominence at the front of the pic.

The Japanese are going to be buying kits in the bucketload...get on message FFS

We have had plenty of gash shirts down the years and this home kit joins them. But in a few weeks nobody will give a **** as we will have other things to talk about. If I remember right didn't the first Friends Provident shirt have a single stripe going down the centre of the shirt? That one was pretty crap too. Can't have a great kit every year and the last two were pretty good imo.

I may well purchase the away kit though, having not bought a shirt since I got a discounted black away one the year we went got relegated from the championship (I think).

Wasn't that one Grey? Nice shirt though, one of the best away ones.

What was the forum reaction to our Centenary kit?

The Centenary kit kind of made sense and looked nice and still said Southampton in a a nice sort of way. There was white, with a red stripe/sash(though I still prefer the red and white stripe normal kit)... but this is just a monstrosity. It just looks like a block of red and a block of white.

Do you not remember the Pony tick? And the blue away version of it. Christ, I'd venture those were two of the worst kits ever in football, let alone for us.

I was not a supporter of Southampton at the time, Mr. Kraken. I'm from a rather non-footballing family and my allegiance doesn't go back all that far. The only retro kit that stands out for me is the Air Florida/Rank Xerox strip.

There is a limit to how far you can try to spin the club can do no wrong, but I have got to say this is the worse kit we have ever unveiled. The shorts could have been navy blue as they were before the war but as things stand it looks like we have bought a job lot from a Toxteth charity shop. Absolutely horrendous. What a way to celebrate a return to the Premiership - I am embarrassed. Who the f+++ came up with this montrosity should be shot or made to spend a week in Skatesville wearing it.[/QUOTE]

I normally enjoy reading your posts Duncan, but this is really OTT. It is a football kit FFS! With all of the excitement of returning to the Prem, is this really worth getting so worked up about? I understand that it is all about opinions, personally I am neither one way or the other as far as the new kit is concerned, but it certainly won`t take the shine off the new season for me..............................unless your post was made tongue in cheek...........it wasn`t tongue in cheek was it?

The Centenary kit kind of made sense and looked nice and still said Southampton in a a nice sort of way. There was white, with a red stripe/sash(though I still prefer the red and white stripe normal kit)... but this is just a monstrosity. It just looks like a block of red and a block of white.

I agree with you, but lets be honest it's only a shirt. It will be gone in less than a year.

I was not a supporter of Southampton at the time, Mr. Kraken. I'm from a rather non-footballing family and my allegiance doesn't go back all that far. The only retro kit that stands out for me is the Air Florida/Rank Xerox strip.

Then consider yourself fortunate for it was awful. The worst thing about that kit is that it coincided with MLT in his prime and so a large number of his goals were scored wearing that monstrosity.

I agree with you, but lets be honest it's only a shirt. It will be gone in less than a year.

True, an advantage of the 1 year shirt system. Hopefully sales will be sluggish and they will get the hint.

I really don't see why we have to 'reinvent ourselves' or whatever for a 'new era' in the premiership. We are Southampton, we should just be in red and white stripes.

Then consider yourself fortunate for it was awful. The worst thing about that kit is that it coincided with MLT in his prime and so a large number of his goals were scored wearing that monstrosity.

If it's the one I think it is, I've got a superb picture of MLT celebrating a goal with Benali and Jeff Kenna. Doesn't look too bad there, though it's a black and white picture.