What did Duncan (Fitzhugh Fella) say on Radio Hampshire?

trousers

I heard it and he came across very well.

He just said what he has said on here before really.

He mainly mentioned the fact along with Psycho that people like Askham, Richards, Windsor-Clive and the other share holders should vote against loveable old rosey cheeks and oust him as he is a devisive figure for the fans and ruining the club that is on the verge of going under.

He mainly mentioned the fact along with Psycho that people like Askham, Richards, Windsor-Clive and the other share holders should vote against loveable old rosey cheeks and oust him as he is a devisive figure for the fans and ruining the club that is on the verge of going under.

Oooh, that'll be the "official club historian" title taken away from him now then. Truth hurts and old rosey cheeks wont like hearing that again !!

Devisive figure ? Well put Duncan, well put indeed.

Oooh, that'll be the "official club historian" title taken away from him now then. Truth hurts and old rosey cheeks wont like hearing that again !!

Devisive figure ? Well put Duncan, well put indeed.

It won't be the first time that Rosy Cheeks has f'd and blinded Duncan. He was probably on the blower to Duncan yesterday.

Oh dear, so after 2 years of silence whilst a bunch of clowns and mercenaries run the club irresponsibly to the verge of administration, Duncan is back on the old "it's all Lowe's fault" bandwagon. Seems a little hypocritical to accuse RL of being divisive whilst speaking on radio shows urging shareholders to vote out the chairman!

Of course I'm sure an alternative plan was proposed for after we've burnt the heretics at the stake? I remember the last one went along the lines of "anyone would be better" and that worked out just great with Wilde & Co...

Guest Hacienda
Oh dear, so after 2 years of silence whilst a bunch of clowns and mercenaries run the club irresponsibly to the verge of administration, Duncan is back on the old "it's all Lowe's fault" bandwagon. Seems a little hypocritical to accuse RL of being divisive whilst speaking on radio shows urging shareholders to vote out the chairman!

Of course I'm sure an alternative plan was proposed for after we've burnt the heretics at the stake? I remember the last one went along the lines of "anyone would be better" and that worked out just great with Wilde & Co...

Would this be the same Wilde at SFC with your beloved Lowe?:rolleyes:

.... Just calm down Luvvie .... calm down .....

Don't you think there is a delicious irony to the words of our club historian?

I didn't have the pleasure of hearing his comments but I suspect they possibly even made McMenemy's old rants about Lowe seem positively liberal and yet like our lovable adopted geordie I suspect any viable solutions to our club's woes were not exactly forthcoming other than it appears another episode of the Magic Roundabout.

Anyone simply replacing Lowe is not going to have an immediate effect on the fortunes of this club and will effectively have to follow the path of prudence currently being adopted with the required realistic, blunt and thick skinned approach. We may see a short term rise in gates when the well rounded anti-lowe fan decides it's logically time to return with their support but the numbers will soon drop off again when the situation gets even worse under a chairman trying to deliver fan friendly policies in a cloud of rhetoric and false promises.

Duncan Holley IMO is as forward thinking as one of his books and with a pathetic little chip on his shoulder over a brusque phone call with Lowe in busy chairman gives supporter a curt brush off shock. Get over yourself Duncan, Rupert has shown you the way to forgive and forget afterall. Divisive? Its as divisive as you and those who illogically favour your stance want to make it.

Personally, I prefer to support the team with the rest of the excellent and unwavering support we continue to witness at the ground. Thankfully, long gone are the days when the crowd go quiet if we go a goal down. Perhaps the moaners and sulkers are on here dipping their proverbial pens in poison to drive another nail into what they hope will be our club's coffin. A message to the stay away posters, keep up the good work, it rewards the resilience of the true supporter.

Edited by Pancake
You've been warned before SB, keep the names of people "clean" please

Jonah, you will know I have respect for your views but you also need to know that during the period when the others were in control Duncan was openly critical of them on the forum.

Did you know that he was actually summoned to the club by Oldknow to explain his criticism of it on the previous forum - that is hardly keeping quiet.

Clearly nothing that hasn't been said, shouted, repeated time after time, it changes nothing, the only thing that will change opinion and see a return to reasonable attendances is a run of positive results

A fair point and I suppose if we had a 'better' team that might be a viable option.

No disrespect to the team but they are in at the deep end and floundering.

I didn't have the pleasure of hearing his comments but I suspect they possibly even made McEnemy's old rants about Lowe seem positively liberal and yet like our lovable adopted geordie I suspect any viable solutions to our club's woes were not exactly forthcoming other than it appears another episode of the Magic Roundabout.

Anyone simply replacing Lowe is not going to have an immediate effect on the fortunes of this club and will effectively have to follow the path of prudence currently being adopted with the required realistic, blunt and thick skinned approach. We may see a short term rise in gates when the well rounded anti-lowe fan decides it's logically time to return with their support but the numbers will soon drop off again when the situation gets even worse under a chairman trying to deliver fan friendly policies in a cloud of rhetoric and false promises.

Duncan Holley IMO is as forward thinking as one of his books and with a pathetic little chip on his shoulder over a brusque phone call with Lowe in busy chairman gives supporter a curt brush off shock. Get over yourself Duncan, Rupert has shown you the way to forgive and forget afterall. Divisive? Its as divisive as you and those who illogically favour your stance want to make it.

Personally, I prefer to support the team with the rest of the excellent and unwavering support we continue to witness at the ground. Thankfully, long gone are the days when the crowd go quiet if we go a goal down. Perhaps the moaners and sulkers are on here dipping their proverbial pens in poison to drive another nail into what they hope will be our club's coffin. A message to the stay away posters, keep up the good work, it rewards the resilience of the true supporter.

Are you for real? I don't think so...isn't anyone allowed to speak out about the destruction of this once great club? Is it blind obedience you seek from all? Rupert has taken an unnecessary gamble on the regime in charge currently.

It may be too late to replace Lowe as the damage caused by this "total" football experience may well be terminal!!!

I have a feeling that Duncan speaks for us all - apart from you.

How much of the club does Lowe actaully own in percentage terms of shares and in financial terms? I heard it was 6%. Should he have the influence he has given his minority share holding?

A fair point and I suppose if we had a 'better' team that might be a viable option.

No disrespect to the team but they are in at the deep end and floundering.

It is a struggle but they are not going into games helpless and make a good show of things at times, I believe flounder can be interpreted as "progress with great difficulty" I remain hopefull of the progress

I didn't have the pleasure of hearing his comments but I suspect they possibly even made McEnemy's old rants about Lowe seem positively liberal and yet like our lovable adopted geordie I suspect any viable solutions to our club's woes were not exactly forthcoming other than it appears another episode of the Magic Roundabout.

Don't you think even a tiny bit of knowledge of what FF actually said might be a better basis for a rant?

Oh, and welcome back, Sundance. Where on earth have you b-een since you were b-anned? At least that painful little sojourn to the dark side will have dispelled any impression that you are some kind of Big Shot.

I didn't have the pleasure of hearing his comments but I suspect they possibly even made McMenemy's old rants about Lowe seem positively liberal and yet like our lovable adopted geordie I suspect any viable solutions to our club's woes were not exactly forthcoming other than it appears another episode of the Magic Roundabout.

Sumdunce Beast is back, and his empty character assinations are still emernating from the orifice from which most of his inept drivvel comes from. His A-HOLE. A bit like himself actually! ;)

Just when I doubt that any kind of god may have a sense of humour, I remind myself he made this guy!

Outstanding. :D

Yes, Duncan was wrong to state that Lowe is a divisive figure, SO wrong.

I thought Duncan came across very well and I agreed with pretty much all he had to say.

The only exception was his views on Leon Crouch. whilst Crouch wasn't in control when we stupidly ran up the clubs debts he was still part of the decision making during the whole going Wilde **** up.

If I could be convinced that Crouch could run the club as a viable business I would definitely prefer to have him running the club to Lowe. This whole dutch head coach/Lowe DOF thing is a disaster. We have some good players, we could stay up with a decent manager no problem.

Bizarre view-point! Speaking on a local Radio is hardly divisive! Least Duncan speaks his mind, as opposed to the club peddling out Poortvliet and Svensson to talk inanely about Saints and not answer anything of worth (or Stuart Dennis’s worthless approach to the questioning).

In case you’d missed it, Lowe is divisive. Look at the group of businessmen he represents (should they be showered with praise for their business practices and share acquisition?!) and how he came back to power….with 6% (approx.) of blo*dy shares FFS. Only at St Mary’s….

Indeed, the last plan didn’t go too well (Le Manifesto Wilde!!) YET we still have the same 2 figures in situ – the 2 men most responsible for this massive failure and our almost total demise…in control…AGAIN! You couldn’t write such a horror story. And look how well they’ve done this season?! FFS – Why do people support or defend 2 such obvious and incompetent, self-driven f*ck ups that have destroyed our club?!

Jump off that high horse and drink your milk!

Are you for real?

QUOTE]

You are so very wrong.

I can't take any of this too seriously though. Lowe has his faults for sure but he is a businessman and that is a skill we need at the minute. I have no real issues with duncan either but I do know he has an axe to grind which will always cause me to take his comments with a pinch of salt.

I just don't think now is the time to be devisive.

Would this be the same Wilde at SFC with your beloved Lowe?:rolleyes:

His fundamental point remains valid though. Oust Lowe by all means but there has to be something in place that is recognisably better. Experience from last time suggests that saying that "anything is better than..." is not a sound way to go forward. Lowe is copping the flack because he is in place at the moment but to me there has been a considerable measure of shared incompetence over the past three years.

Sundance you know very, very, well that Lowe is regarded by the MAJORITY of fans as the most devisive individual at SMS.

If his removal does nothing else it will remove a very devisive person.

We therefore stand a chance of re unifying the fan base if he were to be forced out

Bizarre view-point! Speaking on a local Radio is hardly divisive! Least Duncan speaks his mind, as opposed to the club peddling out Poortvliet and Svensson to talk inanely about Saints and not answer anything of worth (or Stuart Dennis’s worthless approach to the questioning).

In case you’d missed it, Lowe is divisive. Look at the group of businessmen he represents (should they be showered with praise for their business practices and share acquisition?!) and how he came back to power….with 6% (approx.) of blo*dy shares FFS. Only at St Mary’s….

Indeed, the last plan didn’t go too well (Le Manifesto Wilde!!) YET we still have the same 2 figures in situ – the 2 men most responsible for this massive failure and our almost total demise…in control…AGAIN! You couldn’t write such a horror story. And look how well they’ve done this season?! FFS – Why do people support or defend 2 such obvious and incompetent, self-driven f*ck ups that have destroyed our club?!

Jump off that high horse and drink your milk!

The most disgraceful thing that Lowe has done on his return was to con potential buyers of season tickets.

Until the last minute we were not told about the total use of inexperienced players for the season ahead.

I thought Duncan came across very well and I agreed with pretty much all he had to say.

The only exception was his views on Leon Crouch. whilst Crouch wasn't in control when we stupidly ran up the clubs debts he was still part of the decision making during the whole going Wilde **** up.

If I could be convinced that Crouch could run the club as a viable business I would definitely prefer to have him running the club to Lowe. This whole dutch head coach/Lowe DOF thing is a disaster. We have some good players, we could stay up with a decent manager no problem.

I still struggle to see what was wrong with having a gamble to get up? It very nearly worked. What was the alternative, not investing and having a few years of medoricity before ending up in the position we are in now?

Not having a gamble would be avoiding 'doing a Leeds'. Yet we are in fact 'doing a Leeds,' (just without the highs of a Champs Leg semi final and title challenging season to keep us warm during this cold season.)

I was happy with gambling and i'm prepared to live with having to be prudent now as a result of that failed gamble.

I'm just not happy that the person that forced us into the need to gamble is back in charge and is taking a stance which is utterly stupid, naive and downright egotistictical.

Ahhh!!! Somedunce Sheep is back! *rejoices*

Meow! Have we got issues eh?! LOL For someone who tries so hard to exude wit, you’d think you’d consider your posts a little more before pressing the notorious [sUBMIT] button. It’s good to have you back though. It must give people pleasure reading your humourous posts. Funniest part being, you describe the current disaster (instigated by Messrs Lowe and Wilde) as “a path of prudence”. ROFLMAO Best comment to date! :rolleyes: Throw in some of your class prejudice too and we’ll have a Sundance back in true style – trying to provoke responses, making people laugh and talking complete tripe! Bless!

The comment about “Duncan Holley is as forward thinking as one of his books” also had a delicious irony…seeing as the mere name “historian” suggests otherwise. A forward thinking history book just doesn’t sound right - but let’s not let common sense cloud your views. I suppose Friday is pub day so we’ll forgive you. It must have been hard storing up all your usual outlandish, wildly entertaining nonsense during your forum sabbatical. I’m sure you have saved up some choice words and obscure quotes to help us all through the day.

Maybe Lowe thinks he’s Churchill. That old quote springs to mind - “Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”

Still, not much has changed with you, gladly. Like Lowe (not sure why), you end your bizarre posts with the usual rhetoric, chastising those of a differing opinion/stance to the die hard/core supporters (i.e. the Stay aways) or the disasterous regime your purport to support. That is very much the attitude of Rupert – arrogant. Dishing out blame, never taking responsibility for fool hardy and ludicrous actions (not all I may add, just most!),never apologising and answering to no-one. What an ambassador! I think you need to find a new fallen idol to worship. I hear Gary Glitter is feeling lonely and persecuted Sundance!

I still struggle to see what was wrong with having a gamble to get up? It very nearly worked. What was the alternative, not investing and having a few years of medoricity before ending up in the position we are in now?

Not having a gamble would be avoiding 'doing a Leeds'. Yet we are in fact 'doing a Leeds,' (just without the highs of a Champs Leg semi final and title challenging season to keep us warm during this cold season.)

I was happy with gambling and i'm prepared to live with having to be prudent now as a result of that failed gamble.

I'm just not happy that the person that forced us into the need to gamble is back in charge and is taking a stance which is utterly stupid, naive and downright egotistictical.

I agree that the gamble was the best thing to do, we should have done it the first season down instead we got Lowe's laughable 90k "repromotion" attempt. Wilde was right to gamble the following season but when the parachutes ran out we should have consolidated and planned long term, promotion that year was so unlikley it made the gamble very foolish.

Sundance you know very, very, well that Lowe is regarded by the MAJORITY of fans as the most devisive individual at SMS.

If his removal does nothing else it will remove a very devisive person.

We therefore stand a chance of re unifying the fan base if he were to be forced out

I agree there. While I'm neither pro or anti Lowe, per se, you only have to look at the contrast of opinion on him on here to see that his very presence has divided people.

The most disgraceful thing that Lowe has done on his return was to con potential buyers of season tickets.

Until the last minute we were not told about the total use of inexperienced players for the season ahead.

It's what happens at a hell of a lot of clubs every single summer, things get built up and then after most of the season tickets have been bought a star player gets sold or some sort of major change is brought in.

Alan Shearer was sold to Blackburn on 24th July 1992 - the league season started three weeks later.

Also, I don't understand how you (or anyone) didn't forsee a major overhaul of the playing staff in the summer. In the second half of last season, everyone was going on and on saying that we should be playing the kids because "at least they'll be energetic and look like they care, and they won't cost us anywhere near as much money". We shipped out lots of high earners, promoted a lot of the younger players who were hungry for first-team action, which was exactly what loads of people were asking for and exactly what was necessary in pure financial terms.

It's what happens at a hell of a lot of clubs every single summer, things get built up and then after most of the season tickets have been bought a star player gets sold or some sort of major change is brought in.

For a lot of clubs and their supporters this is a very good argument for getting rid of the stupid transfer window farce. We need to get back to allowing clubs to check players out properly without this ludicrous rush at the last minute - which only ever advantages the rich clubs over the struggling ones.

For a lot of clubs and their supporters this is a very good argument for getting rid of the stupid transfer window farce. We need to get back to allowing clubs to check players out properly without this ludicrous rush at the last minute - which only ever advantages the rich clubs over the struggling ones.

Yep, I'd totally agree.

Clubs with a lot more money than us could possibly take something like the transfer window system to the EU stating that it's a restriction of trade, and I think they'd probably win that case.

Jonah, you will know I have respect for your views but you also need to know that during the period when the others were in control Duncan was openly critical of them on the forum.

Did you know that he was actually summoned to the club by Oldknow to explain his criticism of it on the previous forum - that is hardly keeping quiet.

Sorry, but a bit of moaning about the other lot is not quite the same as urging shareholders to oust the chairman on local radio 48 hours (?) before a home match with no viable alternative in place. I remember Duncan moaning about Wilde's dross after they had been in place for a while, but I certainly don't remember him demanding that shareholders vote them out. Don't even get me started on the shambolic Trust and the disgraceful way they behaved over the last 3 or 4 years.

The facts remain simple - we tried the "anyone but Lowe" witch hunt and have driven the club to the verge of extinction. Despite the overwhelming evidence that mob rule doesn't actually work, we ended up with a situation where nobody else wanted to touch SFC with a bargepole. And let's be clear, it was there for the taking - Wilde, Crouch and Lowe would all have sold up in a flash if there was any offer on the table. But the club was in such a mess that in the end we've ended up with Lowe & Cowen trying to fix the financial mess and keep us in business. When do you want business/financial people in charge? When that's the overriding factor in the club's progress - new stadium and financing? RL and AC made sense. On the verge of administration? RL and AC make sense. The bits in between where business was steady? Welllll, there was an argument for a different sort of leadership - unfortunately there was nobody who came even close to being suitable for that.

I would not trust anybody who ever gave their backing to the original Wilde plans - they were not only stupid to fail to spot the many many flaws in his claims and "plan", but they were downright negligent in putting their personal issues over RL ahead of the wellbeing of the club. They are as responsible for this mess as Wilde himself, and if any people should be mistrusted over their opinions regarding the club's future, it is these people. As well as Wilde's hefty IOU bill to the club, several other people should not be allowed within 100 miles of our club again IMO. But hey, most people can forgive and move on - sadly others, it seems, cannot.

For now it's very simple - the club is in dire straits. We need everyone to pull together, try to support the youngsters, put up or at least shut up with regards to the boardroom and get back on an even keel. Once we are stable again we will be in a position to reconsider our options. AFAIC, right now we have no options whatsoever.

..We need everyone to pull together, try to support the youngsters, put up or at least shut up with regards to the boardroom and get back on an even keel...

I understand and to a point agree with many of your points. However why should fans and supporters have to 'put up or at least shut up'? Surely that is what a democracy is and in particular what a forum is for - debate and discussion. There seems to be far too many self-appointed uber-fans floating around cyberspace and farcically blaming other fans for SFC's current predicament and telling them what they should and shouldn't do.

What a shame that Duncan has decided not to post on here, as his opinions always struck some resonance with my own feelings about how the club has been mismanaged this past decade or so.

But what is this? The reappearance of Somedunce and Jonah too, on the same thread? It's almost as if Lowe had picked up the phone to them and said, listen chaps, that historian chap is being rather nasty about me, could you go on that forum thing and try and level the playing field a bit, you know, try and put our side of things over. The bounder says that I'm devisive, but he obviously hasn't the first idea. Why, I even settled my differences with that toady Wilde and allowed him back at the top table with no animosity. Let bygones be bygones, I say. Why are those oiks who follow this wretched club so damned small-minded that they have to constantly harp on about things like this? If anybody wants to come in a put £25 million on the table, the Chair is theirs...

I agree there. While I'm neither pro or anti Lowe, per se, you only have to look at the contrast of opinion on him on here to see that his very presence has divided people.

Alan Shearer was sold to Blackburn on 24th July 1992 - the league season started three weeks later.

Also, I don't understand how you (or anyone) didn't forsee a major overhaul of the playing staff in the summer. In the second half of last season, everyone was going on and on saying that we should be playing the kids because "at least they'll be energetic and look like they care, and they won't cost us anywhere near as much money". We shipped out lots of high earners, promoted a lot of the younger players who were hungry for first-team action, which was exactly what loads of people were asking for and exactly what was necessary in pure financial terms.

Steve...the fact is like it or not supporters expect to go and watch home games with a modicum of expectation that they will win most of their home games. Fat chance with a team full of inexperienced youngsters !

A combination of youth and loaned older players would give us a fighting chance of survival in this league.

How come you're only a registered user now Sunny D?

Does this mean you can only post 3 times a day?

I don't know what's worse about Jonah's post, the inaccuracies, the hypocrisy or the rewriting of history.

Reading it you would have thought that under Lowe everything was sweetness and light, and we were well set for the future, with the mess only having been caused by those who stepped into the breach in that two year period!!!!!

It's a similar line to the line Lowe trotted out when he came back, in that he had to clear up someone else's mess (conveniently forgetting he was the one who contributed most to the mess we now find ourselves in).

As well as Wilde's hefty IOU bill to the club, several other people should not be allowed within 100 miles of our club again IMO..

And why isn't one of those people Rupert Lowe????

This is the man who oversaw the relegation from the top flight and first steered the runaway train out of the station and on to it's desecnt into oblivion.

He failed us massively at the end of his last tenure, yet he is welcomed back with open arms. There's consistency for you.

But hey, most people can forgive and move on - sadly others, it seems, cannot.

I always like a bit of hypocricy, as it would appear that you yourself can't forgive and move on when it comes to Wilde, other people who shouldn't be allowed within 100 miles of the Club etc etc. You obviously still hold things against them, yet ask us all to forgive and move on. Quality.

Sorry, but a bit of moaning about the other lot is not quite the same as urging shareholders to oust the chairman on local radio 48 hours (?) before a home match with no viable alternative in place. I remember Duncan moaning about Wilde's dross after they had been in place for a while, but I certainly don't remember him demanding that shareholders vote them out. Don't even get me started on the shambolic Trust and the disgraceful way they behaved over the last 3 or 4 years.

The facts remain simple - we tried the "anyone but Lowe" witch hunt and have driven the club to the verge of extinction. Despite the overwhelming evidence that mob rule doesn't actually work, we ended up with a situation where nobody else wanted to touch SFC with a bargepole. And let's be clear, it was there for the taking - Wilde, Crouch and Lowe would all have sold up in a flash if there was any offer on the table. But the club was in such a mess that in the end we've ended up with Lowe & Cowen trying to fix the financial mess and keep us in business. When do you want business/financial people in charge? When that's the overriding factor in the club's progress - new stadium and financing? RL and AC made sense. On the verge of administration? RL and AC make sense. The bits in between where business was steady? Welllll, there was an argument for a different sort of leadership - unfortunately there was nobody who came even close to being suitable for that.

I would not trust anybody who ever gave their backing to the original Wilde plans - they were not only stupid to fail to spot the many many flaws in his claims and "plan", but they were downright negligent in putting their personal issues over RL ahead of the wellbeing of the club. They are as responsible for this mess as Wilde himself, and if any people should be mistrusted over their opinions regarding the club's future, it is these people. As well as Wilde's hefty IOU bill to the club, several other people should not be allowed within 100 miles of our club again IMO. But hey, most people can forgive and move on - sadly others, it seems, cannot.

For now it's very simple - the club is in dire straits. We need everyone to pull together, try to support the youngsters, put up or at least shut up with regards to the boardroom and get back on an even keel. Once we are stable again we will be in a position to reconsider our options. AFAIC, right now we have no options whatsoever.

Please open your eyes, it not going to happen whilst Lowe is in charge. Don't live on false hope.

Are you for real? I don't think so...isn't anyone allowed to speak out about the destruction of this once great club? Is it blind obedience you seek from all? Rupert has taken an unnecessary gamble on the regime in charge currently.

It may be too late to replace Lowe as the damage caused by this "total" football experience may well be terminal!!!

How much of the club does Lowe actaully own in percentage terms of shares and in financial terms? I heard it was 6%. Should he have the influence he has given his minority share holding?

Although I don't ytotally agree with all of SB's views just exactly when was this club 'great'?

I have had a greater desire to go to games in the past, yes we have won the FA Cup 33 years ago, we have had a couple of appearances in Finals and a few trips to Europe which have all ended relatively early on.

We have also been relegated in 1974 and evened struggled for a couple of seasons in Div 2 before regaining promotions as runners up. There may have even been a better atmosphere in the ground and greater cammeraderie among the supporters.

But do you really think a) we are any different to any other club of our size, Bolton, Charlton, Fulham, Watford etc. and b) do think the change in our views are any different to those of supporters at others clubs and it is actually the whole game that has changed and not the supporters?

When did anyone ever discuss chairmen in the 90's, 80's and before? How many chairmen of other football clubs could you name? Did you actually know who ours was without looking it up?

The real issue is that everybody is criticising Lowe but nobody is coming up with an answer, the only real answer is for the club to be taken over and there is no queue for that or nothing all but a connected few can do.

The thing is that if you try and do the same as the rest the best you can do is achieve the same results and the worst you can do is fail, if you try something different, as Lowe is doing, then maybe you achieve more, or you may still fail what woudl you rather do?

I would like Lowe out, but unlike Duncan (apologies to him if I am wrong) and many others, I am not willing to repeat the mistake we made last time and get rid at any cost. Better some stability both in the boardroom and at pitchside just now than mare upheaval.

I think the "we have no options" bit covered what you are saying.

However enlighten me, who can make it happen?

There are loads of options out there. For starters, the major share holders need to start working together and find a new leader to unite the club . Rupert Lowe needs to understand that his presence is counter productive. He needs to step back into the shadows.