Webster

Weston Saint

Seeing as KD has been playing very well this season, isnt the timing a bit odd ??? I reckon he was dire when Burley was here, but I was thinking he had cleaned up his act under JP and Lowe.

We going to go forward without a recognised goalkeeping coach then. Superb.

Who decided this ? Mikey the football chairman or Rupey the plc chairman ?

KD off in January?

Quite possibly:( KD is out of contract at the end of the season, so even if he doesn't want to leave, its almost certain that if he digs his heels in he won't be offered a new contract. The club will ship him out one way or the other and to go in Jan for a fee would make more sense for both parties.

RIP SFC:(

Probably not. It's just that Bart is such a no hoper that Forecast is probably the better option.Bart may leave I think.

JP rotates the back up keeper, last 4 games, 2 benches for Bart, 2 for Tommy. he has been doing it most of the season. Actually quite a sensible option, one of the few sensible choices JP is capable of. Keep your sub keepers on their toes, and give them both ressie games to keep up their match "fitness"

JP rotates the back up keeper, last 4 games, 2 benches for Bart, 2 for Tommy. he has been doing it most of the season. Actually quite a sensible option, one of the few sensible choices JP is capable of. Keep your sub keepers on their toes, and give them both ressie games to keep up their match "fitness"

i am sure today was the first time Forecast has been involved for a home game

• 2 weeks later...

From a rumour that the goalkeeper coach is leaving you get all excited that we are not going to replace him! Firstly, if the rumour is anything like 99 percent of the other rumours on here it will be bull****. And if it is true, why don't we wait and see if the club replaces him before getting a boner about it.

See Forecast was on the bench

KD off in January?

I see Arsenal included a goalkeeper on their substitutes bench last night, are we to assume from this that Almunia is leaving in January? Or is naming a substitute keeper standard practice?

If staff are leaving whilst under contract I'd be worried if we weren't trying to get compensation fees for them.

But when you want them to go and they themselves want to go, then it might appear sligtly greedy to demand a fee to top off the savings you will soon be making.

As it turned out, the compensation was turned down and we instead had to continue paying Webster.

The three options were:

Best case: Get compo and save money

Middle way : No compo but agree to release and save a pot of wages

Worst case : See out contract

Looks like we ended up wth the worst case scenario.

But when you want them to go and they themselves want to go, then it might appear sligtly greedy to demand a fee to top off the savings you will soon be making.

As it turned out, the compensation was turned down and we instead had to continue paying Webster.

The three options were:

Best case: Get compo and save money

Middle way : No compo but agree to release and save a pot of wages

Worst case : See out contract

Looks like we ended up wth the worst case scenario.

We did get compo for Burley in similar circumstances.

At the end of the day Webster did not get the Ipswich job whether it was the compensation I dont know

We did get compo for Burley in similar circumstances.

At the end of the day Webster did not get the Ipswich job whether it was the compensation I dont know

Good old supply and demand.

The jocks wanted Burley and were prepared to pay for their number one choice.

Ipswich wanted a goalkeeping coach, but weren't prepared to pay a wedge for him.

We got greedy and thought there was a finite supply and that Webster was really in demand.

Good old supply and demand.

The jocks wanted Burley and were prepared to pay for their number one choice.

Ipswich wanted a goalkeeping coach, but weren't prepared to pay a wedge for him.

We got greedy and thought there was a finite supply and that Webster was really in demand.

You may be right but how do you know?

How do you Lowe what Lowe's negotion stance was

How do you know Webster was the first choice

How do you know Webster was not required

You may be right but how do you know?

How do you Lowe what Lowe's negotion stance was

How do you know Webster was the first choice

How do you know Webster was not required

You'll just have to trust me on that one;)

A few others on here are aware, even a few who don't like me:mad:

I have just had a text. Webster did indeed leave after the Wolves game as I was told by one of my media friends just before the game.

I was made aware of Webster's departure also, but I do find it odd that there is absolutely no mention of it whatsoever on the OS.

They could at least keep the fans updated couldn't they?

OK but is Webster off this time.

By the way who is our second Goal Keeper?

Forecast is playing for the Reserves tonight

Don't think we have a designated #2 keeper. Its been obvious for some time now that JP is trying to keep Bart and Tommy involved by alternating them on the bench for the 1st team, and giving both run-outs in the reserves when he can. Seems like a sensible system to me. Must be one of the most frustrating jobs in football to be a #2 keeper, especially with an ever present #1. Every game you get to keep the bench warm hoping that the #1 keeper gets injured so you can get a game. Nice.

Seeing as KD has been playing very well this season, isnt the timing a bit odd ??? I reckon he was dire when Burley was here, but I was thinking he had cleaned up his act under JP and Lowe.

Over to you Mikey,

I think the official line is that he is on gardening leave. Im trying to find out why. Grainger will take over I suspect. That is what was to happen if Webster had gone in the summer. As for asking for compensation I was not surprised. If Ipswich wanted him badly they would surely have paid a bit for him, would we expect a player to go for nothing if he was wanted and under contract? I think also Webster had a spat with Magilton when he came to SMS and that was to do with the way it was handled.

This would be the same Malcolm Webster that you and many others slated left right and centre for being part of "the drunk's" regime and not adding anything to the club?

I love the shifting sands of the serial moaners, just slight movements in position so they can continue moaning about everything.

The above is a great example, as it other misery supreme SaintRichmond who has suddenly decided all our young players are brilliant because he thinks Lowe is going to sell them in January.

Two months ago they were a cost cutting bunch of kids doomed to relegation which was a comfortable moaning position, but now there is something new to moan about so we need to start making out they are fantastic and irreplaceable and I can't believe we're going to sell them all moan moan moan moan.

Love it chaps, keep it up.

Interestingly for me, one of Kelvin Davis's greatest weaknesses and our achilles heel, was an inability to come off the line and catch or punch crosses coming into our six yd box.

Webster goes, all of a sudden Kelvin is catching or punching most of the crosses in his goal area and making a good job of it. This is a major policy change and looks like somebody has made a decision that crosses have to be caught.

Davis looks a much better goalkeeper because of it. It may be that staying on the line was a coaching decision. It was the one thing along with the distribution that was lacking for the last two seasons.

Webster goes, the ball is being passed and not just hit long and the keeper is coming for the crosses, sounds like he was overruled by someone.

This would be the same Malcolm Webster that you and many others slated left right and centre for being part of "the drunk's" regime and not adding anything to the club?

I love the shifting sands of the serial moaners, just slight movements in position so they can continue moaning about everything.

The above is a great example, as it other misery supreme SaintRichmond who has suddenly decided all our young players are brilliant because he thinks Lowe is going to sell them in January.

Two months ago they were a cost cutting bunch of kids doomed to relegation which was a comfortable moaning position, but now there is something new to moan about so we need to start making out they are fantastic and irreplaceable and I can't believe we're going to sell them all moan moan moan moan.

Love it chaps, keep it up.

the shifting moan I like is about Schneiderlin;

we had lightweight, inexperienced, expensive, Lowe signing and Lowe knows nothing about football, club lying that other clubs wanted him etc

now - how can the club possibly consider cashing in and making a profit!

Saw Paul Jones with Cowen in reception before the game, new GK coach? He was offered GK coach for Wales and is now playing for Bognor Regis

Thanks, exit2. Proper "I saw X at the club with X" gossip. Much more of this needed I reckon.

so much better than the"I know something you don't" coded messages between posters favoured by others on here...