Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Don't think anyone's getting carried away, just think we're all getting excited for the ambition on show by Cortese.

And it's an IF its proben to be a load of old ****** not WHEN at the moment, no one really knows either way at this stage

Why would you be excited about ambition before anything has even happened? Bit weird to celebrate reports about possible signings. If he signs by all means everyone will be celebrating.

Why would you be excited about ambition before anything has even happened? Bit weird to celebrate reports about possible signings. If he signs by all means everyone will be celebrating.

TBH you'd be all over this story like a rash if it was something to do with the sale of the club, or imminent meltdown. Just saying.

Don't understand why we would bother arsing around and going that far down the line if we didn't have a realistic chance of signing him. Surely we would be better off focusing our efforts on players who will join, not endlessly indulging in contractual foreplay with someone who isn't interested in joining us.

Well we shall see won't we! I'm not buying it though. Not yet anyway without any credible sources.

TBH you'd be all over this story like a rash if it was something to do with the sale of the club, or imminent meltdown. Just saying.

I don't believe I would. No harm in discussing the possibility of this (as we can with any saints related story) but saying you are shaking or feel sick? Watch me go nuts if he does sign but otherwise its stupidly premature.

What does that mean then?

F*ck knows.

It's a little brighter then saying "Southampton, no chance," though. The implication is that he is on his way.

Personally speaking though, this does sound quite mad. Us spending 20 million on one player? No chance.

You said you didn't buy it until you heard it from a credible source. What is a credible source then?

Saying you don't believe any of it until he actually signs is a bit weird really. Fair enough not getting excited until its done but I'd say you could be fairly confident that we are very interested and trying to make it happen.

F*ck knows.

It's a little brighter then saying "Southampton, no chance," though. The implication is that he is on his way.

Personally speaking though, this does sound quite mad. Us spending 20 million on one player? No chance.

If course it is better than saying he isn't signing but there is no credible source saying he is actually signing is there? And it seems that people are getting a little over excited prematurely.

If course it is better than saying he isn't signing but there is no credible source saying he is actually signing is there? And it seems that people are getting a little over excited prematurely.

Yeah alright Buzz Killington...there's no need to try ruining yet another thread by relentlessly labouring your point. People are merely saying they will be excited if we pull it off. Perfectly reasonable.

Yeah alright Buzz Killington...there's no need to try ruining yet another thread by relentlessly labouring your point. People are merely saying they will be excited if we pull it off. Perfectly reasonable.

No they aren't. As demonstrated by the post above people are going overboard before anything has actually happened.

No they aren't. As demonstrated by the post above people are going overboard before anything has actually happened.

and what harm is it doing ? are they not allowed to express their views ?

i think we know you don't feel the same so why keep repeating yourself ?

by the way i've just spanked one off, i'm so excited

Chalk me down as one more in the "this will never happen" camp. Saints will never spend 20 million on one player. This sounds to me like a bit of a smokescreen for the Matty Phillips deal. Don't get your hopes up on Ramirez, it's not going to happen.

A smokescreen for what purpose?

and what harm is it doing ? are they not allowed to express their views ?

i think we know you don't feel the same so why keep repeating yourself ?

by the way i've just spanked one off, i'm so excited

People can go overboard if they want, its just a bit weird. The only reason I repeated it is because people were misrepresenting what I said and because some people found me expressing that view offensive. Its just funny that people go nuts over any positive rumour and completely dismiss anything vaguely negative. You can see from the replies that I'm not the only one.

Just excited to have genuine proof of the kind of signings that are possible with Cortese at the helm.

If we actually sign him I will go mental! Can seriously see us finishing top half with him and 1 or 2 CBs concluding our transfer dealings!

This wouldn't just be a very good player we'd be signing, it'd be a massive, huge ****-off statement of intent and would turn a LOT of heads.

If we sign this guy and actually have a decent season, finishing even 12th or so, we'd be taken extremely seriously as an up-and-coming club. Good players will know there's something seriously happening at Southampton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK3x2DOoJIc

This wouldn't just be a very good player we'd be signing, it'd be a massive, huge ****-off statement of intent and would turn a LOT of heads.

If we sign this guy and actually have a decent season, finishing even 12th or so, we'd be taken extremely seriously as an up-and-coming club. Good players will know there's something seriously happening at Southampton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK3x2DOoJIc

That's very true. It would be a brilliant signing. I would hope we would be prepared to sign a cb of similar quality though if this does go through.

Get him signed up by Sunday or he may change his mind!!!

Good point, note to Don Cortese, do *NOT* invite Gaston over to watch the Citeh game from the Directors box!!

The article states that Bologna have asked for assurances on the installments (proof we are loaded) and are haggling over any percentage sell on fee. They want 30%.

30% of any profit we make from him?? Does that mean if we sell him on at a loss they have to give us 30% of that loss.

I see from the article quoted earlier the actual fee is €14m with "bonuses", maybe it's the bonuses they want guarantees on! Charging order on SMS anyone??

A football journalist on holiday the week before the start of the football season?!?! Not serious about his job if he can swan off on holiday at such an important part of the year! Tsk

That's almost as bad as CEO in charge of transfers going on holiday at this time?... Oh...