Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

This is superb. It's actually happening. A young international winger courted by top european clubs....coming to Southampton. On top of bringing in other very good signings along the way.

Slight concerns about spending big (although this is what you need to spend to bring in the calibre of player we require) and what happened to the blue few....but i trust nicola is a prudent with what he does and doesnt have to spend.

Please buy a f*cking CB soon though!

What gets me excited is that the player of his calibre has admitted he actually wants to come here! He knows we are a newly promoted club but says exactly what Rodriguez has said, what Clyne said, what Buttner said, we want to go to the top! He wants to be a part of that rather than join a top 6 club and fight to get in the team.

Here he will get a very good wage and competitive football week in week out! Seems to have a great attitude on him and I bet he knows he could be off in a years time if he has a blinding season. Sign him now for £12m, sell him next summer to City or Utd for £35-£40m. Great deal!

Who is he?

YOu're joking right?

He is the first player I've EVER named on an HCDAJFU thread, telling NAA to get his arse in gear & sign him after I saw him playing against our heroes in the Olyympics (UAE not Team GB)

If even I had seen him play and been impressed, then he WILL be good

What gets me excited is that the player of his calibre has admitted he actually wants to come here! He knows we are a newly promoted club but says exactly what Rodriguez has said, what Clyne said, what Buttner said, we want to go to the top! He wants to be a part of that rather than join a top 6 club and fight to get in the team.

Here he will get a very good wage and competitive football week in week out! Seems to have a great attitude on him and I bet he knows he could be off in a years time if he has a blinding season. Sign him now for £12m, sell him next summer to City or Utd for £35-£40m. Great deal!

I think we can be pretty safe in the knowledge that we aren't going to buy people who don't have the right attitude. It seems top of the agenda for the whole recruitment team.

He is exactly the sort of signing we've needed to make the new formation clicked into place. All we need now is a couple of defenders and I'll be over the moon with our business.

This is the sort of signing that could have a domino effect on other targets ''not sure'' about us. It will change the complete perception of how we are seen by everyone, a huge moment in our recent history.

But if this happens, NA Is under pressure. I cannot imagine Cortese has sanctioned this deal to watch us struggle all season.....

Lets all remain calm. Liverpool, if they are still interested could still nick him - they'd pay more than us I would think.

As someone has already said, we need to see him holding that shirt up (or, preferably, a one line official announcement the moment the ink is dry).

Good times.

Have the sinking feeling this is all just to get Liverpool to meet his wage demands, trying to bluff them. We'll see but dont be surprised if Lpool up the wages to get him

Liverpool have bought their winger though, that's the difference now. They juset spent up to £6/10m on a young kid from holand I believe.

They're also close to sorting out Tello.

Nearly £12m! What a joke football has become. This has got 'spectacular flop' written all over it. I can see us ending up letting him go on a free in 2 years time.

Also, when are we going to add some quality where it's really needed? In defence!!!

There was always going to be one.

AIRPORT WATCH!!

Which flight, and who is getting down there to see him (or follow his car down the M3)?

Volunteers....?

Nearly £12m! What a joke football has become. This has got 'spectacular flop' written all over it. I can see us ending up letting him go on a free in 2 years time.

Also, when are we going to add some quality where it's really needed? In defence!!!

There was always going to be one.

thats the spirit

Biggest signing the club has made in 32 years since signing reigning European Footballer of the year Kevin Keegan and he still can't be happy!