Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

I have heard that this is serious. We have been in discussions with representatives on Gaston's side, and Bologna's side since Monday - Cortese was apparently in Italy at the start of the week where he met with them, and the parties have now traveled to England, along with Gaston.

A fee of around £12m is still being thrashed out, but we seem to be in the driving seat. Might be a load of twaddle, but I thought I'd share.

I didn't believe it at first as I thought he was too big a player to get here, but with what I've heard, what the Italian press people have said and a couple of other ''ITK'' people, I'm sure there is active interest to make this a real possibility.

It could well be that our driving to get Phillips done signals the end of the Gaston interest, but whatever, our interest seems to be/have been real.

Exciting.

I have heard that this is serious. We have been in discussions with representatives on Gaston's side, and Bologna's side since Monday - Cortese was apparently in Italy at the start of the week where he met with them, and the parties have now traveled to England, along with Gaston.

A fee of around £12m is still being thrashed out, but we seem to be in the driving seat. Might be a load of twaddle, but I thought I'd share.

I didn't believe it at first as I thought he was too big a player to get here, but with what I've heard, what the Italian press people have said and a couple of other ''ITK'' people, I'm sure there is active interest to make this a real possibility.

It could well be that our driving to get Phillips done signals the end of the Gaston interest, but whatever, our interest seems to be/have been real.

Exciting.

Are they similar players then? Excuse my ignorance.

I guess it's possible we could be looking at signing both of them? Still find it hard to believe that we will pull this one off, but if we do then it would be very exciting indeed and also may be the breakthrough that leads to further 'big' signings.

Not sure myself, got a feeling that Phillips is the ''alternative'' option. That's just a hunch though.

With Adkins' desire to move Lallana into the middle it has exposed that we are lacking in options down the left. Rodriguez and Lee may have experience playing down the left, but I would guess they are not half the players when asked to play there. Bringing in two wide players would be a good idea IMO although a second winger should not be the highest priority.

Not sure myself, got a feeling that Phillips is the ''alternative'' option. That's just a hunch though.

With Lallana being moved to a more central position, we're not completely comfortably on either flank in terms of our existing personnel. These two players would walk straight into the team IMO so I can see the logic in signing both.

Exciting.

Has your source been correct in the past Clarkey?

Has your source been correct in the past Clarkey?

Not really asked him about stuff in the past, he's an old work colleague who ahs moved into the sports media so gets lots of snippets. Thought I'd ask him about this to see what he though and that's what he said.

Let's just wait and see I guess, but I have no reason to believe who I spoke to is speaking rubbish. I must admit even I'm still about sketpcial about us actually being able to pull it off in the end, good ambition being in for him...but let's see if we can get it over the line.

If people are still wondering who he is/how he plays...

As you can see, he pops up on the left, the right, in the middle, cuts inside etc. I think the comparisons to Kaka seem fair, going by his stature and physice. Seems quite tall but insanely technical.

As you can see, he pops up on the left, the right, in the middle, cuts inside etc. I think the comparisons to Kaka seem fair, going by his stature and physice. Seems quite tall but insanely technical.

Interesting, he plays in the left and he plays on the right you say. Would you say you could compare him, perhaps favourably, to another South American player other than Kaka who is currently plying his trade at a club we are trying to emulate?

Interesting, he plays in the left and he plays on the right you say. Would you say you could compare him, perhaps favourably, to another South American player currently plying his trade at a club we are trying to emulate?

Nah, he makes him look ****e

etc.

Good replacement for Lallana ;)

He plays on the left,

He plays on the riiighhhttttt

Gaston Ramirez,

Makes Messi look s***e!

B

Got a nice ring to it that one!

If only we could sign a full back who can play left and right back then we could sing this song about every wide player in the squad.

* misses Dan Harding *

I think it's safe to say. This fellas has got skills

The Southampton and Gaston Ramirez were neighbors. Closer and closer. The British company wants to make a major investment. And with Bologna, there is agreement on a valuation of nearly 20 million, including bonuses. Figures important, that can push the closure. The parties are closer, and you can dramatically close to Ramirez in the coming hours.

The Southampton and Gaston Ramirez were neighbors. Closer and closer. The British company wants to make a major investment. And with Bologna, there is agreement on a valuation of nearly 20 million, including bonuses. Figures important, that can push the closure. The parties are closer, and you can dramatically close to Ramirez in the coming hours.

There was just no need for that lol!!!