Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

if a player refused to sign for me if i owned the club whilst on my Monaco yacht, i'd tell tell him and his agent

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of f*ckin' a*sholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your f*ckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy

Edited by Turkish

According to the player's agent Spurs had a bid of 16m euros (£12.6m) accepted, but didn't offer high enough wages to the player so he turned them down. I think we are probably being used to encourage Spurs to offer Ramirez better personal terms. However it seems Spurs are waiting until Modric is sold.

if a player refused to sign for me if i owned the club whilst on my Monaco yacht, i'd tell tell him and his agent

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of f*ckin' a*sholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your f*ckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy

Remember, this is business

Breaking news on Sky is that Modric flies to Madrid on Thursday to sign for Real, I think Ramirez's agent said his move to Spurs would be more likely once this happened so quite possibly he will end up there.

Better hope his agent is discussing a deal as we speak on NC's boat then.

Breaking news on Sky is that Modric flies to Madrid on Thursday to sign for Real, I think Ramirez's agent said his move to Spurs would be more likely once this happened so quite possibly he will end up there.

That's the agent talking of course. If I were a Spurs fan, I would possibly want a more proven replacement for Modric given his importance to the side. Ramirez has massive potential but he's not quite at Modric's level yet. Perhaps there are other targets that are...

That's the agent talking of course. If I were a Spurs fan, I would possibly want a more proven replacement for Modric given his importance to the side. Ramirez has massive potential but he's not quite at Modric's level yet. Perhaps there are other targets that are...

I doubt Ramirez would be Modric's replacement. It just frees up the funds for Ramirez's wages.

He wouldn't be a direct replacement for Modric...they are completely different players.

If I were a Spurs fan I would be more concerned that Jermain Defoe is the only experienced CF in the squad, they need better than that if they are serious about challenging top 4.

My God, its bad enough having people on here worrying themselves silly about Saints, now people are worrying about the lack of quality signings for Spuds as well. next we'll be upset because of the lack of quality signings at Man City and Arsenal.

Why anyone thinks Spuds will still be Top 4 with AVB in charge is way beyond me, without Joe Jordan they are ****ed.

He wouldn't be a direct replacement for Modric...they are completely different players.

Even if he's not (though both are AMs and Ramirez can play centrally), Modric will have to be replaced. So whatever Spurs get for Modric will be earmarked to finding a decent replacement. If and after they find one, there maybe very little money leftover and even then maybe more pressing priorities, in particular, signing a goalscorer.

Even if he's not (though both are AMs and Ramirez can play centrally), Modric will have to be replaced. So whatever Spurs get for Modric will be earmarked to finding a decent replacement. If and after they find one, there maybe very little money leftover and even then maybe more pressing priorities, in particular, signing a goalscorer.

Modric isn't really an attacking midfielder. He's a player that keeps the ball moving. Look at the number of goals and assists the guy gets, very poor if he plays as an attacking mid.

If we've set sights on Phillips, I'd have guessed it was because talks with his agent didn't go well. Still...

Phillips----------------Lallana----------------Ramirez

------------------Lambert/Rodriguez---------------

Would be handy going forwards.

Not dead yet:

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

My digging for Gastón Ramírez news may be bearing fruit at last. I certainly wouldn't rule out him moving to #SaintsFC.

Good to hear, but still worries me that Nixon think's we're being used.

We obviously have an interest though, so lets hope NC can do the business.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure they are waiting for Modric to leave so that they can stump up the fee and wages for Adebayor. I'm sure they could easily stretch the current budget for Ramirez if they wanted him but I think they're mroe desperate for Adebayor.

agreed. they are desperate for strikers so bulk of modric money will go on 2-3 strikers i reckon.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

There seems to be a war between #SaintsFC target Alexander Büttner & Vitesse judging but what I can make out using Google Translate.

Don't know if it means the deal is back on. Last I read a week or so back, Buttner is taking action against Vitesse because they have completely frozen him out since his transfer here broke down.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

There seems to be a war between #SaintsFC target Alexander Büttner & Vitesse judging but what I can make out using Google Translate.

Don't know if it means the deal is back on. Last I read a week or so back, Buttner is taking action against Vitesse because they have completely frozen him out since his transfer here broke down.

Its on the Vitesse site. They've been to the Court of Arbitration and from what I can gather from it, Buttner's contract can't be canceled as Vitesse havent done anything wrong.

Saw a couple of tweets on the issue:

Ronklg: @SimonPeach Büttner is angry at Vitesse because they didn't gave Büttner's dad 600.000 euro in transfer to #SaintsFC.

Ronklg: @SimonPeach After that Vitesse offered Büttner's dad 275.000 euro instead of 600.000 euro for tickets to England and stuff. They refused.

abit late now i know but going back on my opinion in my last post that signing Ramirez would be wishfull thinking. i have just read a text sent yesterday saying that we are in talks with both him Matt Phillips. Guess i am wrong to still have a dell size mentality.

Cheers for the info! Would be 2 fantastic signings, but what will happen with Puncheon & Guly?.....

abit late now i know but going back on my opinion in my last post that signing Ramirez would be wishfull thinking. i have just read a text sent yesterday saying that we are in talks with both him Matt Phillips. Guess i am wrong to still have a dell size mentality.

We've still got to actually sign them and I can't see Ramirez happening. We're being used to hurry up Spurs, we'll only sign Phillips and you'll be wholly justified in retaining your Dell sized mentality.

Cheers for the info! Would be 2 fantastic signings, but what will happen with Puncheon & Guly?.....

They can both play other positions, Guly's better as a support striker and Puncheon as a narrow left-sided midfielder if his time at Millwall was anything to go by. Still useful squad players, just shunted down the pecking order by new signings, we should be used to it by now - though we have run out of divisions to get promoted from. I wonder if we have players with bonuses for staying up, finishing in the top 2/3rd, top 10, top 6 etc ? They're the new "motoring through the divisions".