Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

If Bologna own 30% of him then I'm sure they'd have no problem with pocketing 30% of the transfer fee....can't see them having a problem with it.

might be some discussion on things like sell on fee's and the like as both clubs would have to agree to the same percentage, etc.

Sensible move, waiting until the end of the window before flinging our cash around.

Exciting possibilities, which is a bit mad because I had no idea who he was yesterday. Lots of people getting carried away, but that's ok... I wonder if we're going for Phillips as well. If Ramirez signs we can play Lallana on the left again if needs be. Anyway, keen on us signing him, he looks decent, costs loads and has marquee potential. I wonder if this is the end of our "sensible potential" policy and Adkins will start to be out of his comfort zone?

Sensible move, waiting until the end of the window before flinging our cash around.

Exciting possibilities, which is a bit mad because I had no idea who he was yesterday. Lots of people getting carried away, but that's ok... I wonder if we're going for Phillips as well. If Ramirez signs we can play Lallana on the left again if needs be. Anyway, keen on us signing him, he looks decent, costs loads and has marquee potential. I wonder if this is the end of our "sensible potential" policy and Adkins will start to be out of his comfort zone?

I think NA has the metal to not let that bother him. We all need to be tested outside of the zone and I believe he will relish the challenge

Anybody know any Uruguayans that have been a success in this country? Uruguayans internationally are more noted for a lack of discipline and sometimes cynical physical behaviour. Liverpool have been treading on eggshells with Suarez.

I wonder if this is the end of our "sensible potential" policy and Adkins will start to be out of his comfort zone?

Bit of a strange thing to say... Sensible doesn't mean 'less than £xm', sensible means that it is sustainable in the context of our overall budget and business plan. Obviously we don't know what that budget is but all the signs thus far have indicated that we'll do things the right way and not make irresponsible financial risks.

Adkins, like all managers, aspires to manage better players and a club at the top level. This is just part of that journey. His comfort zone, i.e the place he's probably most familiar with, is the Championship, so he's already out of it in some respects, but I bet no one is happier than him to be moving forward and I for one don't think he'll have any trouble. There will be tests along the way but he's not given us any reason to doubt his prowess thus far and I'm not going to start now.

I think NA has the metal to not let that bother him. We all need to be tested outside of the zone and I believe he will relish the challenge

I think you're probably right, but we all knew/hoped there would be a time when we stopped signing English kids he could develop and started signing potential world stars. Or random young Uruguayans who looked good at the Olympics for a start... ;)

Trying to remain sensible about this, but a bit excited if it happens. Can we get Lens too? :)

Anybody know any Uruguayans that have been a success in this country? Uruguayans internationally are more noted for a lack of discipline and sometimes cynical physical behaviour. Liverpool have been treading on eggshells with Suarez.

Welcome to 1986.

OMFG...

Gaston Ramirez says Southampton have agreed a club record deal with Bologna to sign him.

The 21-year-old had been approached by Tottenham, Liverpool and Inter Milan earlier this summer.

But now newly-promoted Southampton are on the verge of a huge coup by landing the midfielder, who has just played at the Olympics for Uruguay.

Saints boss Nigel Adkins was looking for a big name attacking midfielder and had failed with a bid for PSV Eindhoven's Dutch international Jeremain Lens, but he switched his attentions to Ramirez and looks to have got his man.

Southampton chairman Nicola Cortese has brokered the deal, which is believed to be worth €15million (£11.8million).

Ramirez has confirmed he is ready to fly to England to conclude a move to St Mary's.

"Bologna will tell me on Friday if I can move," he told the Corriere dello Sport.

"The truth is that I think, yes, this time I am moving. Bologna has reached an agreement with Southampton, and there are only a few details to be found but the agreement in principle is done."

Ramirez admits that Southampton have offered him very good terms, and he is happy to become a key player for them.

"The English club has reached an agreement with me, it is the classic offer that you cannot refuse for my life as a whole and my family.

"But they believe in me in every way, I will be essential and above all they are going to grow. Southampton is a newly promoted team in the English top-flight but they will become a big team in years to come.

"They have told me they are going to build and that is very stimulating."

08.32: Bloody hell - Southampton mean business. According to Sky Sports News they have agreed a fee of around £11.8million with Bologna for Gaston Ramirez. Since Spurs, Liverpool and a bunch of other clubs were thought to be chasing the Uruguayan, that would be quite the coup.

I think you're probably right, but we all knew/hoped there would be a time when we stopped signing English kids he could develop and started signing potential world stars. Or random young Uruguayans who looked good at the Olympics for a start... ;)

Trying to remain sensible about this, but a bit excited if it happens. Can we get Lens too? :)

just watched a couple of youtube vids on him, looks quality! Yes to Lens as well!

Still think we will get LB and couple of CB too

Comfort zone? I think the players we are chasing are all young and hungry with no agenda or big agents. Saints don't have a good history of picking South Americans - but this lad had played in Europe and shows a degree of pedigree. He sounds like he has the right attitude and fits with the Adkins mould.

Roll on seeing him in a SAints shirt on the OS...seeing is believing!

Racist

Bit of a strange thing to say... Sensible doesn't mean 'less than £xm', sensible means that it is sustainable in the context of our overall budget and business plan. Obviously we don't know what that budget is but all the signs thus far have indicated that we'll do things the right way and not make irresponsible financial risks.

Adkins, like all managers, aspires to manage better players and a club at the top level. This is just part of that journey. His comfort zone, i.e the place he's probably most familiar with, is the Championship, so he's already out of it in some respects, but I bet no one is happier than him to be moving forward and I for one don't think he'll have any trouble. There will be tests along the way but he's not given us any reason to doubt his prowess thus far and I'm not going to start now.

I, unlike most others, remain convinced that we've got free reign on the Liebherr billions and are just being sensible at the way we step up. It seems like every time there's any doubt we sign someone impressive who you'd expect to take us up a level.

Last year it was Cork, then Tadanari Lee. Now... could well be Ramirez.

There's a media requirement thing for all Prem clubs later today apparently... basically 20 press conferences. We may hope to unveil then.

What a ridiculous post. If I was to have posted something stereotyping black people like you've just done with Uruguayans, I'd currently be serving a ban.

Comfort zone? I think the players we are chasing are all young and hungry with no agenda or big agents. Saints don't have a good history of picking South Americans - but this lad had played in Europe and shows a degree of pedigree. He sounds like he has the right attitude and fits with the Adkins mould.

Roll on seeing him in a SAints shirt on the OS...seeing is believing!

If we assume Adkins' comfort zone is dealing with under 27s with potential we're still fine. Dunno what his Spanish is like but his Japanese seems to be ok... ;)

Favourite comment on youtube:

HAHAHAH U REALLY THINK HE WOULD GO TO SOUTHAMPTON WTF!!! AHHAHHAAH

SORRY BOYS BUT THESE KIND OF PLAYERS ARE FOR THE BIG BOYS LOL

MrBizzy89 in reply to Naderpa (Show the comment) 8 hours ago

There are some great comments underneath that video... gonna be some mightily f00ked-off teenage keyboard warriors if we do sign him.

Racist

I think you should take a look at yourself, this is not racism. Exactly what was Suarez charged with over Evra? My comment was as a result of a perception over the years of Uruguayan football team's behaviour when things go against them. Forlan was a poor example, he was an outstanding character that cared for a handicapped sister but at MU wasn't that successful until he went to Villareal. Poyet was a great success but an attitude waiting to happen.

Amazeballs I think is the word.

Where does this leave Punch and Guly? And surely we'll drop the pursuit of Phillips if we sign Ramirez, no?

Swap Punch for Phillips. Then we have Guly, Lee, De Ridder, Lallana, Ramirez, Phillips fighting over those 3 spots and J-Rod, Lambert and Sharp over the striker position.

What a ridiculous post. If I was to have posted something stereotyping black people like you've just done with Uruguayans, I'd currently be

serving a ban.

Talking about an international teams behaviour isn't racist. There have been many episodes over the years when Uruguayan teams have resorted to kicking out when things have gone against them. Additionally there hasn't been many Uruguyans that have been successful in this country over the years.