Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

lol yes, all of a sudden I dont mind paying £1

Seriously, we're getting about £40m prize money (£60m for coming last from next year), yet we persist with trivial fan-annoying measures like admin fees and parking charges for more than 15 minutes. That's the bit that drives me mental, there's no logic to it.

I was commuting to Aberdeen at the time and was there that night.

You're still wrong though. The "Michael Fish no hurricane" storm was not 1986, as indicated by this YouTube video entitled "BBC weather blooper by Michael Fish storm of 1987".

Seriously, we're getting about £40m prize money (£60m for coming last from next year), yet we persist with trivial fan-annoying measures like admin fees and parking charges for more than 15 minutes. That's the bit that drives me mental, there's no logic to it.

hehehe I knew you would bite ;)

As Ramirez was born in the Uruguay town of FRAY BENTOS (it's true!)

could this be a double whammy with a new catering deal too.....Corned Beef all the way to the top of the prem :D

First thing I found out about him. I'd prefer a pie in a tin myself. My wife had no idea what I was talking about, very much of 1986, the Fray Bentos pie-in-tin.

Anyone know who this is?

Feint Zebra ‏@feintzebra

If Gaston Ramirez signs for Southampton, I will defecate on the Kop goal-line at half time against Man City and eat it.

Looking forward to finding out - especially if it's on Sky.

Read Simon Jordon's book whilst on hols. Whilst he is a grade a cock, it was a real eye opener with regards to where all this premier league money goes. A large portion of that £40m will go to our current players and their agents. Then the new player we bring in will take a large chunk. All of this has to be paid BEFORE we get the first large chink of that cash. So I would not be expecting any cuts to any fees to the supporters just yet.

It says 2million euros a year doesn't it? Well that's only 38k a week? And that's euros' date=' not much more in GBP than our top earners are on already.[/quote']

2 million euros net.... Which is £1.6 million net.... Which is £3.4 million a year gross..... 65k a week...30k a week net

65 grand a week if it hasnt been said and if anyone is interested

wow that be pretty crazy. Interesting aswell that we would break our wage structure, I mean I could understand it and it's something you're going to need to do in the end if you want top end players but wonder how/if it would effect the other current players and if they would be somewhat disgruntled, I mean I probably would be. Sort of like "why should he get more then us / who does he think he is some big dog"

It says 2million euros a year doesn't it? Well that's only 38k a week? And that's euros' date=' not much more in GBP than our top earners are on already.[/quote']

Did he not say tax free? 2mill euro is about £30k a week. But I guess you are looking at nearer 60k gross!

You're still wrong though. The "Michael Fish no hurricane" storm was not 1986, as indicated by this YouTube video entitled "BBC weather blooper by Michael Fish storm of 1987".

Does it really matter? I was a year out in a throw away remark that 1986 or 1987 meant little to me as I was too busy flying and travelling.

Hope we can afford all these expensive signings. Last thing we want is egg on our faces and do a Pompey.

Yeah, because we've got a non-existent owner who's only pretending to have some money / an owner who's about to get locked up or have their assets seized, etc.

wow that be pretty crazy. Interesting aswell that we would break our wage structure, I mean I could understand it and it's something you're going to need to do in the end if you want top end players but wonder how/if it would effect the other current players and if they would be somewhat disgruntled, I mean I probably would be. Sort of like "why should he get more then us / who does he think he is some big dog"

Or they might say "Ok, he is on 65k, but he is one of europes hottest young talents and is a regular for his national team, a team that is ranked FOURTH!!!!!!! in the world. Maybe he deserves it, maybe if I can be an England regular I will get paid that much. Best I knuckle down."

Read Simon Jordon's book whilst on hols. Whilst he is a grade a cock, it was a real eye opener with regards to where all this premier league money goes. A large portion of that £40m will go to our current players and their agents. Then the new player we bring in will take a large chunk. All of this has to be paid BEFORE we get the first large chink of that cash. So I would not be expecting any cuts to any fees to the supporters just yet.

This is not news. We do however have the backing of a legacy worth £2.5bn which would make cash flow for this sort of thing a little easier. All the talk of sustainability has been utter nonsense since day one, and we've always been happy to splash on players to motor us through the divisions. I had assumed the end goal might be sustainability from 2013/14s Prem prize money, but it looks like we actually are considering a tilt on Europe.

Better buy some centre backs, goalkeeper, left back, defensive midfielder and another striker soon though. ;)