1 x Belgian (De Ridder)

1 x Portuguese (Fonte)

1 x Uruguayan (Ramirez)

1 x Brazilian (Guly)

1 x Zambian (Mayuka)

1 x American (Cropper)

1 x Senegalese?? (Papa Waigo)

Have I missed anyone ?

Fox is "Scottish", I understand there's a vacancy for a top 2 level team up there...

I can only assume they use different billions to us....probably one or two extra zeros from what we would use. There were not 4.7b watching us.

Indeed that would mean only approx. 1.3bn in the whole world, weren't watching us! I'm sure there's still over 1.3bn without access to a TV, or at least satellite...

4.7b people watching? Wow...

Big big market to explore commercially!

Yeah... I didn't realise three quarters of the world's population lived in Zambia - puts China to shame! (I guess they could still refer to a billion as a million and vice-versa - I think we did the same back in the day?)

I confess I thought it was a normal Daily Mail article to start with... But the spelling was too good for that.

Looking forward to seeing the guy have a run-out though, hopefully some end product as well as pace and muscle.

Kudos for enthusiasm though, certainly.

To have been successful against Man U all he needed was to have grown about a foot, developed a completely different style of play overnight, and had 8 of the other players on the pitch not play like they were completely knackered for 15 minutes.

This is not a criticism of him.

To have been successful against Man U all he needed was to have grown about a foot, developed a completely different style of play overnight, and had 8 of the other players on the pitch not play like they were completely knackered for 15 minutes.

This is not a criticism of him.

I meant the article.

He didn't have enough time to display his worth for that cameo obviously so don't think anyone could have drawn opinions of him already....

Oh wait... This is saintsweb.

Edited by Avenue Saint

The 2006 world cup final drew 716 million viewers, so I'd be surprised if the global viewing figure was over 470 million, and even that seems fairly preposterous given time differences and the large chunk of people who aren't interested in football, never mind Prem football.

The bit I like is:

"The 31,609 inside the St Mary’s Stadium, mostly the Saints faithful, welcomed just another new recruit in the number 24.

Among football-loving Zambians it was the dawn of a new era. A son of this soil had arrived at arguably the biggest stage in world club football."

St Mary's Stadium, arguably the biggest stage in world club football :)

Good old Whitey, always serious. Thats deppobearsy you're replying to, get yourself sorted mate and take the p*ss ;)

Careful Whitey it's a trap! I was just straight-manning for Tokyos really but i forgot he's on his lols.

A trillion is 3 million. Also it's just a made up word children use, like lackadasical.

There were a few moronic comments, including one suggesting he looked like another Ali Dia

Clarkey, I wouldn't worry about 'those' type of posters!

I mean the type that would have Adkins sacked, Cortese burned at the stake, a statue of Glen Hoddle replacing Ted ...and Harry Redknapp brought in as chief Transfer Negotiator.

Only on SaintWeb.