Saints vs Reading Build-Up

trousers

I forgot how much we were on top in last season's game :-

Possession - Saints 59% v reading 41%.

Shots - Saints 19 v reading 6.

On Target - Saints 12 v reading 4.

Corners - Saints 7 v reading 2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17637590

It looks like only Jose, Jack, Adam and Rickie will be the only 4 remaining from that starting lineup.

they mugged us good and proper

they mugged west ham..

will never forget their game at the AMEX..brighton hammered them all game and lost 1-0

they mugged us good and proper

they mugged west ham..

will never forget their game at the AMEX..brighton hammered them all game and lost 1-0

Yeah their game at the AMEX was crazy, a deflected Harte free kick IIRC.

decent keeper would have come out and caught it, unfortunately we didn't have one, still haven't either. We gifted them that game

combination of Davis and Hammond.

I do remember Fox with a terrible pass leading to that goal too.

@solentsport: Nigel Adkins says he'll assess Gaston Ramirez's fitness tomorrow, when he returns to training after trip to Uruguay #saintsfc

@solentsport: Adkins also rubbished internet talk of Ramirez being unhappy at #Saintsfc

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins on transfer speculation: "If [our] players are linked with other clubs, it's a sign they're doing well for us." #saintsfc

Edited by trousers

@officialsaints: Nigel Adkins: "Playing three games in a week underlined how fit the players are. There wasn't any drop-off." #saintsfc

which is why the Sky commentator on Saturday was saying ad nauseum "Southampton look really tired" of course. Still must be a total knob who knows far less about football than Adkins and all his sports science.

Strange one this.

Southampton FC ‏@officialsaints

Nigel Adkins confirms Jonathon Forte returns to the squad for the visit of Reading to St Mary's. No new injury concerns. #saintsfc

Mayuka must be falling further down the pecking order then

Strange one this.

Nigel Adkins confirms Jonathon Forte returns to the squad for the visit of Reading to St Mary's. No new injury concerns. #saintsfc

scored 3 goals for Crawley so he must be good right ? Sometimes I really really wonder if our manager and his coaching staff know what they're doing.

In the squad doesn't mean in the starting lineup! Might not even make the bench.

The match day squad includes subs though.

Just looked at the clubs twitter feed and can't see any reference to Forte at all.....did you make that up?

Pretty bizarre if so.

Strange one this.

When he says "squad" does he mean the 17, or just the SFC squad in general? I can only pray that he means Forte is in the general squad and won't be involved on matchday. Forte's loan at Crawley was for 3 months and expired on 17th November, he hasn't played for them since.

Oh God; he's going to be in the matchday squad, isn't he?!

I know that, I'd have shipped him off permanently to some distant nether world, does he actually have a squad number ?

He's in our 25 man squad. He was on a 3 month loan, which has now expired. Therefore by default he's back in the squad now. I'd be very surprised if we saw him playing for the first team again.

Its been removed now it seems. It didn't say he was playing, just in the squad - maybe NA hadn't realised he was ineligible? Might explain the removal.

It's not been removed at all, as it was never there. I get sent each individual tweet by text from @officialsaints. Not sure what you're trying to get out of this!?

It's not been removed at all, as it was never there. I get sent each individual tweet by text from @officialsaints. Not sure what you're trying to get out of this!?

Sorry - was just on an obvious wind up.

FAO Window Cleaner - don't assume NA is stupid - he knows Forte is rubbish hence why he is nowhere near our squad.

Sorry - just funny to see a bed wetter out in force. Thought it was pretty obviously not true - basically was mocking how poor Forte is (couldnt even make the U21 team on Mon)

what you don't want to do is give me any more proof or even suspicion that NA doesn't know what he's doing. I want him gone and a really experienced manager in, no secret about that.