Saints vs Reading Build-Up

trousers

Adam Blackmore on twitter saying he expects Ramirez to be on the bench and mentions injuries to change the team so possibly shaw as mentioned on here? I'm half expecting to see Boruc pop up as well.

We don't have a choice but to put Boruc or Kelvin in IMO. Gazza started ok for us but has looked more and more out of his depth.

Worse thing for Adkins to do today is to make unforced team changes when there could be 1 or 2 out naturally anyway. Don't want to be in position where nearly half the team are not used to playing with each other in what is a hugely important game. I just hope that Gaston is OK to start and that the Shaw issue is one they're keeping close to their chests - if it's true he's out then expect Fox to start.

If we revert to 442 I will be more nervous our chances of winning however not sure we have adequate replacement for ramirez. He could put lallana in that role and bring in mayuka to play on the right with JP switching to the left. Davis has good shot on him but not sure he has the craft to play that role.

442 more likely I think with jayrod coming in.

I'd have reeves over fox if Shaw is out.

I wouldn't. Don't see him as a LB let alone a PL LB. Fox please. Reeves was clueless vs Everton and especially Norwich.

agrees/w saint armstrong. Reeves was miles out of his depth when he came on against norwich, definitely one for the future but Foxys the better option by far at the moment.

Not particularly enamoured with that starting XI to be honest. Would have put Boruc in goal, and if Ramirez is fit enough to be on the bench, he should be fit enough to start.

Don't agree with that. If he is 80% fit, he is fit enough to play 30-40 min, but not the whole match. He came back from Uruguay yesterday (?), so guess he has a bit of jet lag. Also he hasn't trained with the team this week.

If Ramirez is good enough to be on the bench he should be playing, far and away our most technically gifted player

Don't agree. He went home due to unfortunate circumstances and returned yesterday. Adkins may have him on the bench as he isn't sure of his mental state. If he needs him, I think it will be more obvious as to whether he is up for having an impact on this game or if even during the game his head isn't in it.