Saints vs Reading Build-Up

trousers

Used to be Benitez,Harry,Puel or Di Matteo so I guess we're down to 2 now; Just cannot see past the fact that he's obsessed with Gazzaniga who's costing us points game after game, plus of course JRod..

Ultimately, whoever came in would have the same GK issue to contend with and I wouldn't say Adkins is obsessed with Jrod at all. He's our 2nd choice CF as he would be for anyone who took over the reins.

Fair to criticise but enough to say that Adkins should go? Not in my book.

Ultimately, whoever came in would have the same GK issue to contend with and I wouldn't say Adkins is obsessed with Jrod at all. He's our 2nd choice CF as he would be for anyone who took over the reins.

Fair to criticise but enough to say that Adkins should go? Not in my book.

we are in deep poo if gazza is the best we have..(which he is not imo)

we are in deep poo if gazza is the best we have..(which he is not imo)

Kelvin was bad in our first few games and he doesn't even have the lack of experience excuse. Boruc wasn't convincing in his two games but deserves another chance. Looking at him, you could see he wasn't fit enough. Adkins mentioned him today and said he was training well so he may be getting closer to a look in.

As a club we've messed up the GK position somewhat and I'm sure NA is managing it as best he can.

As a club we've messed up the GK position somewhat and I'm sure NA is managing it as best he can.

Probably because of NA's undue but comprehensible loyalty to KD in the first place; Which is one of the main reasons I want him out of here. Anyone with an ounce of footballing savvy would tell you KD was limit for the NPC and nowhere near good enough for the PL. A keeper commands his area, KD doesn't even command his goal line because of his blind spot low down on his right side..

Kelvin was bad in our first few games and he doesn't even have the lack of experience excuse. Boruc wasn't convincing in his two games but deserves another chance. Looking at him, you could see he wasn't fit enough. Adkins mentioned him today and said he was training well so he may be getting closer to a look in.

True enough; but the whole management of that situation is bizarre in the extreme. If he isn't in contention as he isn't fit enough, then why on earth did he play 2 first team games in the first place? Did it really take those games to realise he wasn't fit? And then, why bin him out of the squad altogether (if it wasn't for disciplinary reasons, which it surely must have been).

I doubt the full truth will ever come out, but it really is thoroughly odd what's happened there. And without Boruc as an option, Davis is no real competition for Gazza so we're a bit stuck really.

@alex_crook: Which of his #saintsfc colleagues does Jose Fonte say can be as good as Cristisni Ronaldo? Find out in saturdays sun, mirror and daily star

Jonno quick. Quicker than Ronaldo and got incredible strength. Just got to work on the rest of his game now.

Le Fondre seems confident:

"... if we play against Southampton like we did against Manchester United I don't think we will have any problems."

Well if they do they will concede 4 again, their defending was shocking.

Hate Le fondre, hate reading, lets batter them.

"... if we play against Southampton like we did against Manchester United I don't think we will have any problems."

Good to see that. It hints at arrogance ond over confidence. Really looking forward to this one. I do rate Le Fondre though. He will have to be watched.

Predict 3-1 with same team again.

If we'd played against Arsenal like we played against Man Utd then we wouldn't have had any problems in that game either....

'Southampton actually played quite well in their 1-0 defeat by Liverpool last weekend'

What?

I think he essentially means it 'could have been a lot worse'. Think Liverpool played well rather than us playing that badly, we were average but more solid than we were a few months ago so didn;t get hammered.

Good to see Gaston will be back though on Saturday, atyhing less than a win will be a big let down, anything close to the levels of performance shown against Newcastle and we should be too much for Reading.

where has this been said..?

gong to the game tomorrow and hoped he would play

Adkins said in his press conference yesterday that Ramirez would be returning to training today. Quite how fit/sharp he is after a few days off and a couple of trans-Atlantic flights; well, that's another matter.

Adkins said in his press conference yesterday that Ramirez would be returning to training today. Quite how fit/sharp he is after a few days off and a couple of trans-Atlantic flights; well, that's another matter.
Fitness won't be a problem, he managed a full 90 minutes up at Liverpool on Saturday. As you say, it'll be sharpness. I reckon he'll be given the benefit of any doubt and almost certainly will play.

Adkins interview on Saints Player indicated they expect him to play and he has trained whilst in Uruguay.

Hassle wise its not really any different to playing a midweek Intl and then playing on the Saturday - although obviously he hasn't had the tire factor of a match to play, but obviously a tough week for him emotionally.

NA said he will want to play.

Just the sort of game this board fully expects us to win easily so I'm going for 1-1, then meltdown.

Will take that, personally. We just can't lose. That would be a disaster. And I don't want Matt Lucas smiling at the end of the game.

Really nervous about this one, more because of the magnitude of it than thinking we wont win,

I cant stand them either, witnessed pretty much first hand at school (nearish Reading) the bandwagon which is Reading FC,

Being mocked by 'fans' when we were relegated who had never until 2005 mentioned football nevermind Reading continues to leave a sour taste for me, add to that song sheets at games and you've got plenty of what is crap about modern day football in one club,

And Jason Roberts, the man is a total ****k