Artur Boruc

niemi14

I'll bet you 5 quid if you like, whatever you like I'm not fussed. I'm tempted with the end of jan bet to be honest that's how **** I think he is.

Fancy him to see red at least once. That's a straight 3 points loss.

To be honest it's all a bit pointless as I know he won't stay in as first choice! Trust me!

5 quid 6 points at the end of february then mate?

I'll bet you 5 quid if you like, whatever you like I'm not fussed. I'm tempted with the end of jan bet to be honest that's how **** I think he is.

Fancy him to see red at least once. That's a straight 3 points loss.

To be honest it's all a bit pointless as I know he won't stay in as first choice! Trust me!

What if he's sent off at 0-0 and we win 1-0? Is that 3 points he's gained us?

It's all gone a bit quiet

Was quite thankful he was in goal. Would've been more than 5 with Gazzaniga and Davis' inability to deal with any lifted balls into the box.

Due to a combination of either indecision, lack of strength or just not being brave enough!

He stopped it from getting really humiliating.

what about where he was dodgy as hell at QPR...you have forgotten that.

he was a mess after the norwich goal too

He wasn't tested at all after the Norwich equaliser.

And there was also a flawless performance against Newcastle (first clean sheet of the season may I add) with two really good saves, one of which (header from Santon) could definitely run for save of the season.

Also worth noting that the team really only started to look settled at the back when he came in for KD.

And there was also a flawless performance against Newcastle (first clean sheet of the season may I add) with two really good saves, one of which (header from Santon) could definitely run for save of the season.

Also worth noting that the team really only started to look settled at the back when he came in for KD.

we are lucky the defence was good on the night. In the 2nd half he was so nervous,it was sad to see. I agree he did well against Newcastle

To be fair they only had 12 shots on target and we let in 5.

I wish we could score score 1 goal for ever 2.4 chances we had on target.

Your a bit strange really, you want so many of our players to fail

He didnt do an aweful lot wrong against a side that were rampant. Hardly the same as making costly mistakes like Davis has done recently.

No your right he didn't do alot wrong. Apart from let in 5 goals from 12 shots. I imagine he woke up this morning really pleased with his performance.

If it had been kelvin in goal and he let in the same 5 goals you would have been finding fault where ever possible .

I don't think for one second any of our keepers would have improved the shoreline yesterday.

However I'm confident boruc is not the answer and we could buy alot better and will have to if we are to compete in the premier league

I think we all know your feelings on the matter. A lot of people share those opinions.

Quite why you seem to take so much glee in players failing to prove your point is an idiotic trait though. I also think Boruc isn't the answer (though the best of a bad bunch of three). I also think we need to bring someone else in. However, if Boruc sorts himself out and proves me wrong with some consistently decent performances, I'll be delighted. You, on the other hand, seem like you'll either be really disappointed to have been proven wrong, or you'll simply refuse to accept it. It's really quite odd behaviour.

I think we all know your feelings on the matter. A lot of people share those opinions.

Quite why you seem to take so much glee in players failing to prove your point is an idiotic trait though. I also think Boruc isn't the answer (though the best of a bad bunch of three). I also think we need to bring someone else in. However, if Boruc sorts himself out and proves me wrong with some consistently decent performances, I'll be delighted. You, on the other hand, seem like you'll either be really disappointed to have been proven wrong, or you'll simply refuse to accept it. It's really quite odd behaviour.

If he proves me wrong ill be the happiest guy on here as it will mean we are not conceding silly or as many goals. And hopefully secure our survival . I will be the first to admit he would have silenced me.

However if he fails as I suspect and he is left in goal I would be very annoyed we didn't deal with the issue in January by buying a decent first choice regular keeper.

like darts. If you score 180 all day and can't hit doubles you won't compete. Same as golf with putting. Same as football if you have the making of a good team with a average keeper you got no hope. We should be building from the back and in my opinion this means splashing out good money on a proven premiership keeper rather than wasting 6or7 million on an average j Rodriguez. Same price as Ba?

That aside I don't know who the answer is I just hope someone does as its not boruc

Boruc ?? Davis ?? Gazzaniga ??

Forget one moment yourpersonnal preference

I think Adkins/Cortese have fallen into a very common trap

Now, if you are a footballer, what is the worst thing in your mind ?

FEAR ...... fear of being dropped for the next match, for making a mistake in your last one

If I remember correctly, Joe Hart made some Kock ups early on, but look at him now

OK, back to the present day (with Saints)

Keeping on chopping and changing is NOT good for any team, CONTINUITY is, or should be the key

NOW, my personnal opinion is this

Boruc .... a "desparation" signing IMHO, and NOT the answer to the GK problem

Davis.... a great servant to Saints, but NOT a Prem quality keeper

Which leaves Gazanniga .....Now, going back to my"fear of being dropped" theory, what I would have done is this. I would have sais something like ...... You have got a Ten match run, come hell or high water, tp prove that you are the very good keeper that we know you are

So, he would run out on the pitch without the FEAR that a mistake will cost him his place

What would be the outcome of that ? Well, in my opinion, we would end up with a Top Class Prem keeper who, like Joe Hart, would Kock up iunnitially, but, over a Ten natch run, would ESTABLISH himself in the team

I rated him at Gillingham, where he ended up keeping quite a few clean sheets

I sincerely hope that Adkins/Cortese do not panic into getting yet another keeper

There are far worse player wearing the Saints shirt at the moment, Guly and Davies in particular spring to mind

If Boruc can recapture his form/confidence, he is clearly good enough. His record suggests that.

NA has stated in public that his form on the training ground is what got him selected, lets hope his confidence improves as I don't think we will be looking elsewhere.

We have 3 potentially 'first choice' keepers at this club now - none of which inspire all that much confidence to be frank. So we either spend some money and sign a fourth, or we decide which one is the best (or least worst) and stick with that choice come what may. What we can't do is keep chopping and changing our minds every few games because this is getting us nowhere.

Sorry, an obviously thing to say I know - but I thought I'd say it anyway.

What you need to ask your self is how many premiership clubs will try to buy one of our keepers in the transfer window

The answer is none as none of them are premiership standard.

The only premiership action any of them will see is through us.

However gazza has the potential to be a great keeper and will only flourish under the right guidance. I certainly wouldn't want boruc as his mentor . Kelvin would be perfect as a mentor for gazza for the next few years. However I feel kelvin still has a few years first choice playing days left for a lower league club so he may want to go to keep playing.

We should be trying to buy a keeper that other premier league clubs would be interested in.

If Boruc can recapture his form/confidence, he is clearly good enough. His record suggests that.

NA has stated in public that his form on the training ground is what got him selected, lets hope his confidence improves as I don't think we will be looking elsewhere.

IMHO, Wrong reason for selection for an actual MATCH

Different sport I know, but in his day Willie Thorne could anihalate anyone in a snooker practice session, but couldn't nail it in a real MATCH

We have 3 potentially 'first choice' keepers at this club now - none of which inspire all that much confidence to be frank. So we either spend some money and sign a fourth, or we decide which one is the best (or least worst) and stick with that choice come what may. What we can't do is keep chopping and changing our minds every few games because this is getting us nowhere.

Sorry, an obviously thing to say I know - but I thought I'd say it anyway.

This

To be fair they only had 12 shots on target and we let in 5.

I wish we could score score 1 goal for ever 2.4 chances we had on target.

Lol @ ONLY, 12 shots ON TARGET is a lot for any game, Premiership top scorers Man Utd only average 6 per game.

One was also a penalty so you can discount that, he stopped the score becoming a lot worse.

Gazza was dodgy at the start of the Newcastle game, almost gifting them a goal through some dallying on the ball and a poor kick which got closed down by Ba, he got lucky the as the bounce was kind to him. Hardly 'flawless', he had one good save but Newcastle were largely tootheless. He cost us crucial home points against Swansea and Norwich and I hope he isn;t anywhere near the team again, he had his go, and he failed on several occasions.

Why discount a pen? That's a shot isn't it?

I'm glad your not the manager if you find that exceptable. I don't know any keeper that would be happy with letting in 1 let alone 5.

He is rubbish

4 weeks max and you will be calling for his head on a plate.

You're funny.

I'm glad your not the manager if you find that exceptable. I don't know any keeper that would be happy with letting in 1 let alone 5.

He is rubbish

Mate I'm starting to feel that you're a bit dogmatic about Boruc, no matter what he does you won't give him credit.

trouble with th "ressies" or U21 development group is that we have far too many over-age players who aren't anywhere near good enough for the PL to give games to.

But we are only allowed to name 3 over age outfield players on any team sheet in the Barclays Premier U21 League (and 1 keeper), with the competitive league set up this year it is not just a case of giving games to players who are not in the PL team/squad, opportunities are very limited. The days of the development squad and playing friendlies are no more.

Mate I'm starting to feel that you're a bit dogmatic about Boruc, no matter what he does you won't give him credit.

How did you guess.

I'll give credit when credit is due!

So far its clearly not

Seriously what has he done to earn any credit what so ever?

Is it his behaviour since joining?

Is it his performances since joining?

Is it his clean sheet record?

Really? What has he done to earn any credit what so ever?

If I was to try and find one positive I would say he does distribute the ball well when throwing.

However that's because he can't kick.

I hope to god he proves me wrong as if he doesn't we will be getting relegated for sure.

Edited by Matthew Le Tissier

How did you guess.

So far its clearly not

If I was to try and find one positive I would say he does distribute the ball well when throwing.

I hope to god he proves me wrong as if he doesn't we will be getting relegated for sure.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Christ Kelvin must be god awful in training these days to let this fat eccentric jester into a premier league team. Being good in Scotland is different to being good in England. To look good here you actually have to be useful!

Couldn't have put it better myself. Christ Kelvin must be god awful in training these days to let this fat eccentric jester into a premier league team. Being good in Scotland is different to being good in England. To look good here you actually have to be useful!

But he was quality for Fiorentina... In a league which i'd argue is stronger than ours.

You have seen Kelvin in goal this season I take it ?

How did you guess.

So far its clearly not

You really didn't understand the word dogmatic.

I'll explain what I meant for you..

I believe that even if Boruc plays fantastic football, you will not give him credit.

I can't say that he's been perfect, but in my opinion he hasn't done much wrong either.

I didn't say that he's played great so far, nor will I say th

Overlooking Boruc was Fiorentina's keeper towards the top of Serie A before joining Saints?

My point is its harsh on kelvin as he played at the start of the season when we were shocking. When shaw came in for fox and more importantly cork came back things settled down. And since then no keeper has been able to have a run in the side and build there confidence back up, instead the role has been shared and that is quit frankly a joke.

Goals conceded at the beginning of the season when we were all over the shop with no stability in defence or midfield was as follows.

Kelvin a whopping 17 goals in 5 games.

Garza 10 goals in 7 games

Boruc 6 goals in 2 games.

Post shaw and cork

Garza 3 goals in 4 games

Kelvin 5 goals in 4 games (3 coming from stoke)

Based on this I would said gazza has had the best run.

Kelvin had a shocker at the start but I would put this down to the shocking team performances and players available.

And Boruc has conceded more goals post shaw and cork in half the games played.

So why does he deserve the credit.

My point is its harsh on kelvin as he played at the start of the season when we were shocking. When shaw came in for fox and more importantly cork came back things settled down. And since then no keeper has been able to have a run in the side and build there confidence back up, instead the role has been shared and that is quit frankly a joke.

Goals conceded at the beginning of the season when we were all over the shop with no stability in defence or midfield was as follows.

Kelvin a whopping 17 goals in 5 games.

Garza 10 goals in 7 games

Post shaw and cork

Garza 3 goals in 4 games

Kelvin 5 goals in 4 games (3 coming from stoke)

Based on this I would said gazza has had the best run.

Kelvin had a shocker at the start but I would put this down to the shocking team performances and players available.

And Boruc has conceded more goals post shaw and cork in half the games played.

So why does he deserve the credit.

Boruc had little chance with any of the Chelsea or Arsenal goals. To base your opinion solely on a tally of goals conceded is a nonsense.

It's not based on that at all. It's based on my opinion.

In my opinion I think he is a below average keeper and wouldn't play premiership football with any other team apart from us.

Is this how goalkeepers are judged these days? " we'll he let in 10 goals but they were all good finishes so that's ok"

The phrase the keeper had no chance is often used when a worldy is scored and doesn't even get chance to move.

However to say he had little chance with just average goals is nonsense. It doesn't just come down to him not saving them. Maybe if his positioning was better he would have been in a different position and been able to save them or given himself more chance.

Totally pointless argument, its a difference in opinion as in previous posts, and as I said in other posts all will be proven in time. If I'm wrong ill be pleased as punch!

It's not based on that at all. It's based on my opinion.

In my opinion I think he is a below average keeper and wouldn't play premiership football with any other team apart from us.

Is this how goalkeepers are judged these days? " we'll he let in 10 goals but they were all good finishes so that's ok"

The phrase the keeper had no chance is often used when a worldy is scored and doesn't even get chance to move.

However to say he had little chance with just average goals is nonsense. It doesn't just come down to him not saving them. Maybe if his positioning was better he would have been in a different position and been able to save them or given himself more chance.

Totally pointless argument, its a difference in opinion as in previous posts, and as I said in other posts all will be proven in time. If I'm wrong ill be pleased as punch!

My point is its harsh on kelvin as he played at the start of the season when we were shocking.

One of the main reasons we were shocking was because Kelvin was, stuck on his line, poor positioning, regularly beaten at the near post and terrible distribution. His complete lack of composure and assurance clearly affected the defence in front of him.

Poor kicking against Utd, should have done better with Van Persies shot considering the angle, beaten near post by Tevez, then by the rubbish that is Gervinho, then standing in the wrong position for the Podolski free kick which was pretty much down the middle, Upson's equaliser at Stoke went through him. So many goals where he should have done much much better which coupled with his general nervous play caused all sorts of problems.

Frankly KD has shown on several occasions that he is not good enough to be a Premiership keeper.

He is rubbish

Why discount a pen, ummm because it's pretty much a guaranteed goal, unless the taker completely fluffs it and then the keeper fails to save it's never the gooalies fault. I doubt he's 'happy' but at the same time all he can do is try and save the shots if they are good finishes they are good finishes. The whole team takes responsibility for conceding 5 goals not just the keeper, Boruc produced some good saves in the game that stopped the score from becoming embarrassing, which it probably would have been with KD in goal.

I'm really not sure what games you have been watching but if you think Davis should be in goal you are clueless.

What's hilarious is you are having a go at a keeper that -

A. Hasn't had much of chance (just 4 games), whereas our other two keepers have had many chances and failed time and time agains.

B. Hasn't cost us any points, again whereas both other keepers have.

Yet you want probably the worst of the three back in? Your clearly not objective and have some sort of issue with Boruc, you're probably one of the idiots that unjustly barracked him at the Spurs game.

Edited by tajjuk

One of the main reasons we were shocking was because Kelvin was, stuck on his line, poor positioning, regularly beaten at the near post and terrible distribution. His complete lack of composure and assurance clearly affected the defence in front of him.

Poor kicking against Utd, should have done better with Van Persies shot considering the angle, beaten near post by Tevez, then by the rubbish that is Gervinho, then standing in the wrong position for the Podolski free kick which was pretty much down the middle, Upson's equaliser at Stoke went through him. So many goals where he should have done much much better which coupled with his general nervous play caused all sorts of problems.

Frankly KD has shown on several occasions that he is not good enough to be a Premiership keeper.

Why discount a pen, ummm because it's pretty much a guaranteed goal, unless the taker completely fluffs it and then the keeper fails to save it's never the gooalies fault. I doubt he's 'happy' but at the same time all he can do is try and save the shots if they are good finishes they are good finishes. The whole team takes responsibility for conceding 5 goals not just the keeper, Boruc produced some good saves in the game that stopped the score from becoming embarrassing, which it probably would have been with KD in goal.

I'm really not sure what games you have been watching but if you think Davis should be in goal you are clueless.

A. Hasn't had much of chance (just 4 games), whereas our other two keepers have had many chances and failed time and time agains.

Yet you want probably the worst of the three back in? Your clearly not objective and have some sort of issue with Boruc, you're probably one of the idiots that unjustly barracked him at the Spurs game.

Yep. Says it all. Thread closed.

Pretty much my thoughts, very well summed up, it wont get you anywhere though, trying to reason with this joker is like trying to counsel Alpine.

Id accept the arguement that all three arent good enough, but putting Davis back in goal ? Really ? I blamed him for the majority of the goals at the start of the season, and reckon with Boruc or Gazza we would have atleast stolen a draw somewhere.

Boruc is a fat clown who is an error prone joker, to me this sums up the tanned ones knowledge of the game, for ***** sake he was a keeper as well, surely he could see Boruc's is a mistake waiting to happen, if he was that good why have clubs let him go? Why was he not snapped up by a top top European club? Because he is gash.

Boruc is a fat clown who is an error prone joker, to me this sums up the tanned ones knowledge of the game, for ***** sake he was a keeper as well, surely he could see Boruc's is a mistake waiting to happen, if he was that good why have clubs let him go? Why was he not snapped up by a top top European club? Because he is gash.

I have been reading a fair bit on here today and have come across your posts on many occasions and

would like to ask you a question..

Do you have any views that aren`t dergatory to the club or persons connected?