Artur Boruc

niemi14

Maybe if Boruc showed anything like the alleged Fiorentina performances at Southampton, there wouldn't be any criticism. At the moment he looks a mere shadow of the goalkeeper being put forward. Last year means nothing, he has to perform now, after all, as all his supporters keep saying, a class, experienced international goalkeeper, so that should be easy for him. Unfortunately he isn't living up to that reputation.

Maybe if Boruc showed anything like the alleged Fiorentina performances at Southampton, there wouldn't be any criticism. At the moment he looks a mere shadow of the goalkeeper being put forward. Last year means nothing, he has to perform now, after all, as all his supporters keep saying, a class, experienced international goalkeeper, so that should be easy for him. Unfortunately he isn't living up to that reputation.

I don't think anyone diasgrees with this but he's had four games, two and then about two months before the next two.

His class and experience means he should at least get a go to prove it and I don't think 4 games where unlike our other two keepers he has been largely blameless for the goals is a fair enough chance. The two he has had recently he had a wobbly start against Arsenal but then was pretty regulation aftert that and then he did his best pulled off a few saves against a very good Chelsea where the team as whole were poor. Some of the reactions on here you'd think he was single handledly responsible for our lowly position and was throwing the ball into our net every game. The descriptions, reactions and opinions in this thread are no where near proportional to his actual performances.

I'm not epxecting miracles from him but it would be nice to have a game where the opposition doesn't get gifted a goal by with our GK or the defence or the ref.

Thing is he won't get any credit even if he does well, Kelvin and Gazza have literally lost games for us this season yet people still want them back in. If Boruc concedes on Saturday I full expect some more 'rants' on here even if he has no chance of stopping the goals.

I don't think anyone diasgrees with this but he's had four games, two and then about two months before the next two.

His class and experience means he should at least get a go to prove it and I don't think 4 games where unlike our other two keepers he has been largely blameless for the goals is a fair enough chance. The two he has had recently he had a wobbly start against Arsenal but then was pretty regulation aftert that and then he did his best pulled off a few saves against a very good Chelsea where the team as whole were poor. Some of the reactions on here you'd think he was single handledly responsible for our lowly position and was throwing the ball into our net every game. The descriptions, reactions and opinions in this thread are no where near proportional to his actual performances.

I'm not epxecting miracles from him but it would be nice to have a game where the opposition doesn't get gifted a goal by with our GK or the defence or the ref.

Thing is he won't get any credit even if he does well, Kelvin and Gazza have literally lost games for us this season yet people still want them back in. If Boruc concedes on Saturday I full expect some more 'rants' on here even if he has no chance of stopping the goals.

Against WHU he was awful, the first goal was a cock up for a free kick cross that went in at the far post, the last goal was poor and his general performance was below par. Against Spurs he looked slow and immobile, before that he was poor for the U21s v MU. Against Arsenal he was ok ish and against Chelsea hardly made a save except for Ba's header that hit his foot. I want Gazzaniga back in because I think he is a better keeper than Boruc's current form. The two mistakes keep getting highlighted but he has let in less goals and we have taken more points per game with him in goal. When Boruc performs, fine keep him in. but his performances are a long way short of his reputation.

Against WHU he was awful, the first goal was a cock up for a free kick cross that went in at the far post, the last goal was poor and his general performance was below par. Against Spurs he looked slow and immobile, before that he was poor for the U21s v MU. Against Arsenal he was ok ish and against Chelsea hardly made a save except for Ba's header that hit his foot. I want Gazzaniga back in because I think he is a better keeper than Boruc's current form. The two mistakes keep getting highlighted but he has let in less goals and we have taken more points per game with him in goal. When Boruc performs, fine keep him in. but his performances are a long way short of his reputation.

The whole team were awful second half against West Ham, Fonte was mainly at fault for that freekick and there were cock ups from everyone, harsh to single him out.

Against Spurs he looked fine to me, Bale's header was pinpoint and Clyne should have attacked the ball better and I thought he closed down Defoe well and made himself big but Defoe actually scuffed the finish and lucky to get it through (and Fonte should have cleared it but slipped) not to mention the woefull defending in the build up as Tottenham were given all the space.

Against Arsenal he had two dodgy moments, and his long kicking was a bit wayward but his throws and short distribution were good and he was looking composed by the end. Against Chelsea I thought he did ok and you couldn't expect much more.

I don't rate Gazzaniga at all, I think he has poor technique, especially his handling and that leads to his mistakes. He's made more than two mistakes but got away with them because the teams we played were poor, against QPR he was woeful and another day he would have costs us the game. He's also the one that has cost us the most dropped points against teams we couldn't afford to drop points to. IMO he'll be a league 1 keeper at best.

Agreed, a couple of dodgy moments where he should have held the ball but fumbled it, but by far the best performance from Boruc in a Saints shirt and those few moments were well outweighed by the fact he kept us in it today. Some really brave moments too, putting himself where he could get hurt.

His best game in a saints shirt, and he really hasnt' done much wrong in any of the games he played. People just getting too precious over that spurs incident.

He has, he has been awful at times and looked like catching was impossible for him, but he has gotten better with every single game so far.

Incredible performance today, if he keeps it up any chance of him being here next season?

If our fans would have treated him good, yes.

We have treated him like **** and I wouldnt blame him if he left.

If he leaves its our fans fault.

Am I the only one who saw him fumble their first shot and Yoshida had to kick the ball out of play?

You mean when Yoshida TOUCHED the ball before so the direction changed before it got to Boruc? Look at the slow-mo replay and you'll see why that happned...

I hear he had a good game! Sounded good on the radio.

I'm as over the moon as you trust me! I don't want him to fail I just think he's a load of ****e

I won't get to exited yet as Villa are a league one side.

Fair play if he played well today though. He will have to do that alot more times to change my mind!

they really are not

I made him MOM for block, and a couple of decent saves, The one straight at him that came back out was dodgy and lost himself for the header that hit the bar. He played pretty well and this will do his confidence good. He should keep his place on this display.

Can't argue with a clean sheet. Same for the defenders.

First step in a big ladder. Lets hope he keeps going up and doesn't fall.

For the record to the Clark fella who said IDE be hiding.

Far from it . I hope I turn out to be wrong! It wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last !

Time will tell, still very early days! Chelsea next.

I hear he had a good game! Sounded good on the radio.

I'm as over the moon as you trust me! I don't want him to fail I just think he's a load of ****e

I won't get to exited yet as Villa are a league one side.

Fair play if he played well today though. He will have to do that alot more times to change my mind!

You seem to like to exaggerate. Boruc is far from being a load of ****e. Villa are far from being a league 1 side.