Artur Boruc

niemi14

Shows how bad we've been in nets this season, that we make the keeper MoTM for just doing his job.

Gazza is too inexperienced and Kelvin shot to bits, so AB to stay.

Yes, thats exactly the point i made a few pages back. His performance was no where near as outstanding as people on here are saying, he literally did what we would expect from a goal keeper in the Premier league. Really does show how ****e the other 2 are that our best goal keeping performance of the season was a perfectly average performance.

So you lot have successfully managed to turn the fact that our goalkeeper put in a perfectly passable performance into a negative.

Congratulations.

Who has, wher? No one has said he was ****, just some people, myself included, didn't see it as the setting the world on fire Cassillas-esque performance that some posts allude it to be.

Caught his catches, came for crosses, distrubution was good, commanded the area etc. All regulation which I would give him a 7/10 for, a good standard performance.

However add in the two saves, which were top class he gets an 8 and MOTM for me.

Caught his catches, came for crosses, distrubution was good, commanded the area etc. All regulation which I would give him a 7/10 for, a good standard performance.

However add in the two saves, which were top class he gets an 8 and MOTM for me.

Agreed. Those who are suggesting it was an average performance are wrong...(a) in terms of expectation, he was starting from behind the blocks and (b) he was put under undue pressure from a make-shift central defence.

I agree with the above comment. Once again an unsettled defence is no good for a keeper.

I personally think he had a steady game and contributed more than enough to help us win 3 points.

His final save was a great save under pressure. Could have quite easily brought the player down if he had acted rashly.

Credit where credit is due .

He certainly earned the right to silence a few critics including me.

Long may it continue .

However I'm still worried its the calm before the storm

Posted by "toko" on not606.com....

"Ha, I think I kind of know what you mean: seeing all those people dissing the "wacko fatass lazy smoking drunktard" and spending months debating their grave goalkeeping problem which will surely send their team down, not knowing the solution was always right in front of them, sitting on the bench- priceless

Beddytare, Chilco, that's nice you liked my post, I may occasionaly keep you informed about Boruc as I pressue he'll now be in the center of attention

For example, a newspaper "Przeglad Sportowy" had an interview with Bartosz Białkowski, who befriended Kelvin Davis during his time at Southampton. Białkowski claims Kelvin is full aware why he had lost his place between the posts. [According to Bialkowski, Kelvin says that] By watching Artur during the training, you can clearly see why this guy was once an absolute top goalie, mentioned amongst the best in the world. He clears shots most other keepers wouldn't even attempt to try to stop. He has astounding power in his legs and incredible agility.

Białkowski is also full of praise for Adkins: He's an incredible person. One of the most optimistic people I've met. Intelligent, very well-versed, great at talking to players, he's at their call even in the middle of the night.

He's not so positive about the Saint's defenders, though: All the time everyone keeps talking about the keepers yet noone seems to notice the level of the defense line. In the match with Chelsea it looked as though the defenders never even made it to the stadium!"

That's 2 or 3 points he's already saved us.

Just a shame Nige didn't select him earlier (the total over-reaction to the bottle incident didn't help), we could have been comfortable mid-table by now.

Still, better late than never.

I think by the end of the season his critics will be hoping he stays.

For those there tonight - how was Boruc? The match report suggests he was ok again?

Posted on the reaction thread. Not at fault with either goal and looked assured towards the end helping us defend higher I felt. Strangely not tested a great deal. Feel a lot more confident with him in goal.

Posted on the reaction thread. Not at fault with either goal and looked assured towards the end helping us defend higher I felt. Strangely not tested a great deal. Feel a lot more confident with him in goal.

Came out well to Ba's feet, got to the deflection of Hazard ? In the first half.

Really could do nothing about the second goal, the first a deflection.

He certainky fills me with more confidence then Davis and I never worry as much as I did when the ball is around the box

Came out well to Ba's feet, got to the deflection of Hazard ? In the first half.

Really could do nothing about the second goal, the first a deflection.

He certainky fills me with more confidence then Davis and I never worry as much as I did when the ball is around the box

Yep, everything he did was very good. I was making the point that I thought he would have been more tested tonight.

I don't think we need a keeper in the window based on few games.

Beginning to look like the decision not to acquire an additional GK during this window was the right one. Well done NA. Nevertheless, lets hope those CBs come in so we can shut up shop in each game.

Aye, thank f*** he's the manager and making the decisions rather than a bed wetting, trench avoiding, conscientious objector like you eh?

Beginning to look like the decision not to acquire an additional GK during this window was the right one. Well done NA. Nevertheless, lets hope those CBs come in so we can shut up shop in each game.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself. There's some way to go yet.

But, it's starting to look like Nigel got a lot of big calls right, and showed decent foresight and belief in his decision.

Some good decisions have been made at the club this season (yes, perhaps some wrong too).

We may just be on the verge of an exciting time for our club.

Agreed' date=' although I do think that Jos and Maya were ok today, though they could have been tested a lot more.[/quote']

No blame to Bo, but we were far too slow and sloppy in first clearing the danger for the 2nd goal, and then not closing down after the rebound off the goal - it was like they were all watching to see what happened and then react, instead of anticipating the possibility of it coming back (either off the woodwork, or parried save by Bo) and closing down the Chelsea players! Still at least NA acknowledged this in his interview and hopefully we will learn as well as improve with better players in defense.

Still chuffed to bits with the point :-)

• 2 weeks later...
I'll bet you 5 quid if you like, whatever you like I'm not fussed. I'm tempted with the end of jan bet to be honest that's how **** I think he is.

Fancy him to see red at least once. That's a straight 3 points loss.

To be honest it's all a bit pointless as I know he won't stay in as first choice! Trust me!

No your right he didn't do alot wrong. Apart from let in 5 goals from 12 shots. I imagine he woke up this morning really pleased with his performance.

If it had been kelvin in goal and he let in the same 5 goals you would have been finding fault where ever possible .

I don't think for one second any of our keepers would have improved the shoreline yesterday.

However I'm confident boruc is not the answer and we could buy alot better and will have to if we are to compete in the premier league

The only other player I have slated is Danny Fox

As I personally think he is our worst player by a mile.

I don't wish him to be a failure as he does that himself.

And my opinion is that boruc is not good enough.

This is not wishing players to fail its just being a realist .

Love this.

Interesting how Boruc was iced out by Adkins - you'd think a goalie would know who was best. Perhaps he had his arm twisted - who knows. Simple fact is, Boruc put on a world-class show for the Utd game this evening making 2-3 of the most incredible saves - up there with Niemi's best IMO.

WOW

Ok where do I begin.

I'm happy to see my doubts with Boruc have been so far completely wrong.

Before tonight he had been steady and done nothing wrong. And I came on and said I was more happy than anyone he was looking the part.

After tonight's performance I must stand up and say my doubts were totally unfounded and he looks the bees neeez

I can't fault him for anything at all tonight and in fact think he looked outstanding. And I would go as far to say that one save in particular is one of the best I've ever seen. And it wasn't just that he just looked superb. Even the one on one with Rooney he came out big and stood up and made it look easier than it was. It was class.

So I'm happy to admit I was wrong to doubt him and I'm over the moon.

He's not the clown I was for doubting him.

Thanks

Ps

Fox is still shocking .

WOW

Ok where do I begin.

Before tonight he had been steady and done nothing wrong. And I came on and said I was more happy than anyone he was looking the part.

After tonight's performance I must stand up and say my doubts were totally unfounded and he looks the bees neeez

I can't fault him for anything at all tonight and in fact think he looked outstanding. And I would go as far to say that one save in particular is one of the best I've ever seen. And it wasn't just that he just looked superb. Even the one on one with Rooney he came out big and stood up and made it look easier than it was. It was class.

Thanks

Ps

Fox is still shocking .

Fair play to you

WOW

Ok where do I begin.

Thanks

Ps

Fox is still shocking .

WOW

Ok where do I begin.

Thanks

Ps

Fox is still shocking .

Nothing wrong with that pal. I only wish a few more of our fans were as happy to be proven wrong when certain players play well.