Artur Boruc

niemi14

I thought he was fit and was surprised to be told he wasn't fit when I got to the ground on Tuesday. Maybe not allowed to play as not completely healed. I don't know what sort of shoulder injury it is.

It could well be that he wasn't fit for Tuesday but fit for Saturday.

Would be interested to know how everyone rates Boruc in comparison to the keepers in the teams around us.. I reckon Krul > Al Habsi > Cesar > Federici > Boruc > Guzan. Although Boruc at his best would definitely be better than all of those even at their respective bests

Would be interested to know how everyone rates Boruc in comparison to the keepers in the teams around us.. I reckon Krul > Al Habsi > Cesar > Federici > Boruc > Guzan. Although Boruc at his best would definitely be better than all of those even at their respective bests

Are you serious?? Boruc better than Krul , Cesar at their bests ? :lol:

I thought he was fit and was surprised to be told he wasn't fit when I got to the ground on Tuesday. Maybe not allowed to play as not completely healed. I don't know what sort of shoulder injury it is.

I understand he is suffering from cold shoulder. He caught it from Boruc and Lee.

Having said I thought we might be getting rid of him earlier in the thread, was surprised to see him start.

Dodgy first couple of claims, not sure about fault for the og as I've only seen it once from the wrong end of the ground - and a few dubious kicks early on as well, but he grew into it and by the end was exuding arrogance - everything about his handling of the ball late on (especially the palming of the ball before distributing it) says he's an arrogant and superbly confident maverick, but his throws out were absolutely superb. If he can get his kicking more consistent and cut out the fumbles he made early on he's going to be the best of the three we currently have.

Let's face it, Nige knows goalkeeping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxztnnAMmUw

Its funny how things change

I remember last season reading a post about he should have been picked as englands 3rd chiice keeper for a few of the squads. from people who now slate him terribly.

Kelvins career is not over as some pit it. He has still plenty to offer at as a championship or league one keeper. He is in great physical shape for a keeper and there is no reason he wouldn't have a few great seasons left for another club.

I personally think he has been treated badly and unfairly by some of the fans. He was a big part of us getting where we are today.

He's still a good keeper. Unfortunately if he makes a mistake its allways a talking point as there's no one behind him to get him out the **** unlike every other player.

I ask my self if kelvin had made the mistakes the others retard made against arsenal most would be wanting him hung from the cross bar and not backing him like they are that clown.

I remember last season reading a post about he should have been picked as englands 3rd chiice keeper for a few of the squads. from people who now slate him terribly.

Kelvins career is not over as some pit it. He has still plenty to offer at as a championship or league one keeper. He is in great physical shape for a keeper and there is no reason he wouldn't have a few great seasons left for another club.

I personally think he has been treated badly and unfairly by some of the fans. He was a big part of us getting where we are today.

He's still a good keeper. Unfortunately if he makes a mistake its allways a talking point as there's no one behind him to get him out the **** unlike every other player.

I ask my self if kelvin had made the mistakes the others retard made against arsenal most would be wanting him hung from the cross bar and not backing him like they are that clown.

You see there is a huge difference between the mistakes Gazza and Kelvin has made compared to Borucs.

None of Borucs mistakes has led to a goal, if they had I would have been just as hard on him.

Funny isn't it. Only a few months ago Kelvin should be in the England squad, was better than most keepers in the premier league and miles better than Butland. Anyone who disagreed was shouted down. It was a disgrace he was selected ahead of him. Now people want Butland to replace Davis in our goal and he isn't good enough for the premier league, let alone England.

To be fair all of those keepers bar Cesar have made some horrific errors this year, Krul isn't close to his form from last year like many of his Newcastle counterparts, you only have to look at the game against us with the failed clearance that went straight to clyne. Federici was dropped for McCarthy who looked way better (was fantastic against Swansea away stopped them getting beaten by 5 or 6), he's only back in because McCarthy got injured. Al Habsi did this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ657-3VIps. Although Boruc has looked wobbly I'm not sure any of his errors have led to goals.

The standard of keeping this year like the standard of defending throughout the premiership has been poor.

You see there is a huge difference between the mistakes Gazza and Kelvin has made compared to Borucs.

None of Borucs mistakes has led to a goal, if they had I would have been just as hard on him.

This is a bit crazy , a mistake is a mistake . Weather it leads to a goal is not the point.

The passage of play after the mistake leads to the goal not the actual mistake.

For example when kelvin fluffed a cross he was unlucky someone was there up tuck it in

Boric was luck as when he fluffed his there was no one on the end of it.

I would still have kelvin in all day long

Its only silly mistakes down to lack of confidence and not having a settled run in the team

Lets face it the silly little mistakes he's made he wasn't doing last year or the year before so its not his ability that's the issue

And you can't use the that hes not a premiership keeper as the ball is still the same and catching and shot stopping are the same principle .

Its all confidence I'm afraid.

Also find it funny people were saying Kelvin was past it! Then getting a semi when there was talk of fridel signing! Neither are past it and brad is proof if a keeper can catch and stays fit and agile and can read the game they can play at any level well into there 40,s

This is a bit crazy , a mistake is a mistake . Weather it leads to a goal is not the point.

For example when kelvin fluffed a cross he was unlucky someone was there up tuck it in

Its only silly mistakes down to lack of confidence and not having a settled run in the team

Lets face it the silly little mistakes he's made he wasn't doing last year or the year before so its not his ability that's the issue

And you can't use the that hes not a premiership keeper as the ball is still the same and catching and shot stopping are the same principle .

Also find it funny people were saying Kelvin was past it! Then getting a semi when there was talk of fridel signing! Neither are past it and brad is proof if a keeper can catch and stays fit and agile and can read the game they can play at any level well into there 40,s

No, mistakes that don't lead to a goal is fine. Mistakes that lead to goals aren't.

The best goaltenders in the world make mistakes, but most of these don't lead to a goal.

Bad goaltenders make bad mistakes at bad times that lead to goals.

Still not very well then.

No, mistakes that don't lead to a goal is fine. Mistakes that lead to goals aren't.

The best goaltenders in the world make mistakes, but most of these don't lead to a goal.

Bad goaltenders make bad mistakes at bad times that lead to goals.

You are mental !! What about this

He makes mistakes all day long and the reason why they don't lead to goals is because of the lack of ability or poor finishing from the opposing team.

What happens when he makes mistakes against teams and the ball falls to quality players.

A mistake is a mistake regardless if a goal is conceded.

To think anything different is bloody madness.

He makes mistakes all day long and the reason why they don't lead to goals is because of the lack of ability or poor finishing from the opposing team.

What happens when he makes mistakes against teams and the ball falls to quality players.

So a mistake where he kicks the ball out of play rather than onto Lambert's head is the same as letting a shot squirm under him?

Boruc was nervy to start with but hardly a suprise when fans behind the goal were constantly on his back then cheering ironically. Great support :rolleyes:

So a mistake where he kicks the ball out of play rather than onto Lambert's head is the same as letting a shot squirm under him?

Boruc was nervy to start with but hardly a suprise when fans behind the goal were constantly on his back then cheering ironically. Great support :rolleyes:

This.

Mishandling a cross that goes to no one OR letting a weak freekick go under you for an undeserved goal that costs two points?

Kicking out of touch way past the halfway line OR kicking straight to an opposition striker who runs free and scores a goal that costs two points?

Boruc was a nervy and low on confidence, with the fans on his back, he mishandled a few balls but neither led to a chance for Arsenal. Once the game went on he was calmy collecting crosses under pressure.

What was key for me was that at no point did the defence look unsettled by it. They looked more clam and composed than the have done in front of Kelvin or Gazza.

Its a nonsense from the fans to do that, of course. But to be fair I don't think anyone was doing it before Boruc smeared butter all over his gloves for the first two "catches" and then got his toblerone boots on to shank one out of play. So we can hardly blame the fans for that.

If just one of Boruc's drops had fallen to an Arsenal striker and they'd knocked it in, this would be an entirely different discussion. Maybe it was the luck Boruc needs and he'll improve from here by cutting out the errors; personally I don't see it. I think he's a catastrophe waiting to happen, and he does very little to inspire my confidence.

gazza is their favourite...despite being no where near good enough

From what I've seen and after all I've read on here I don't think there is a cigarette paper between all 3.

Gazza has potential and is seen as the future at the club but isn't there yet. Kelvin has been great but is struggling to cope at this level and there is a difference between the premier league and other leagues. Even in the much quoted game against Leeds Kelvin made mistakes which would have been punished in the Prem. Boruc is potentially good but didn't give any cause for confidence until the second half on Tuesday so the jury is still out. I suggest we get behind whoever is given the shirt and if he's not your particular favourite don't knock him too much because he isn't that much better or worse than your choice.

From what I've seen and after all I've read on here I don't think there is a cigarette paper between all 3.

Gazza has potential and is seen as the future at the club but isn't there yet. Kelvin has been great but is struggling to cope at this level and there is a difference between the premier league and other leagues. Even in the much quoted game against Leeds Kelvin made mistakes which would have been punished in the Prem. Boruc is potentially good but didn't give any cause for confidence until the second half on Tuesday so the jury is still out. I suggest we get behind whoever is given the shirt and if he's not your particular favourite don't knock him too much because he isn't that much better or worse than your choice.

Far too rational for this forum, stop it!

I see mental is back

So basically, what your saying is despite Kelvin costing us X amount of goals, snd Boruc possibly one, you want Boruc dropped as he is effectively useless, despite a track record of being decent at the top level.

Yet, you want Kelvin back in as its only a confidence issue, and he needs an extended run in the team ? Despite evidence that last time he was in the prem he was useless.

Oh snd on another note, Boruc has had two games, how many has Kelvin had ? If we are using he extended run arguement

But Boruc doesn't make mistakes all day long. He was as previous posters has said nervous and had a shaky start, after that he was fine.

Gazza and Kelvin have shaky moments all through the games.

I don't know if you saw Fontes reaction when Boruc jumped up and picked out a ball in the air during the Arsenal game?

He looked very happy and confident and patted Boruc on the shoulder screaming something encouraging.

Have you seen that reaction to Davis or Gazza from him? I havent.

Plus the players aren't afraid to pass the ball to Boruc, they are scared to pass it to Davis and Gazza wich has led to some dangerous situations.

But Boruc doesn't make mistakes all day long. He was as previous posters has said nervous and had a shaky start, after that he was fine.

Gazza and Kelvin have shaky moments all through the games.

I don't know if you saw Fontes reaction when Boruc jumped up and picked out a ball in the air during the Arsenal game?

He looked very happy and confident and patted Boruc on the shoulder screaming something encouraging.

Have you seen that reaction to Davis or Gazza from him? I havent.

Plus the players aren't afraid to pass the ball to Boruc, they are scared to pass it to Davis and Gazza wich has led to some dangerous situations.

To me there looked like more trust in Boruc from the defence more than KD or PG, maybe they respect him more because of his obvious pedigree and reputation or they are scared of him cos he's a mental :lol:

This brings back memories of the thread I started about Luke Shaw saying he should be in and fox should be dropped!

All you morons that said he was just a kid and not ready etc etc etc and said I was talking ****** etc.

Now you think he's our player of the year to date.

I actually feel quite embarrassed for you.

Mark my words boruc will be a complete flop with us. Time will tell and evidentially cost us points and our place in the premiership

Mark my words boruc will be a complete flop with us. Time will tell and evidentially cost us points and our place in the premiership

Davis and Gazza have already cost us at least 6 certain points so Boruc can't do much worse. It will be those 6 points that cost us our premiership place if that happens. 6 gift points due to schoolboy errors, not bad keeping just infantile errors.. If we'd had those 6 already we'd just need about another 14 or so from 18 games, we'd get them no matter what.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Davis and Gazza have already cost us at least 6 certain points so Boruc can't do much worse. It will be those 6 points that cost us our premiership place if that happens. 6 gift points due to schoolboy errors, not bad keeping just infantile errors..

Both KD and Gazzaniga are still on relatively long contracts. But one is too old .......and the other too young (and inexperienced)...

For any number of reasons, including a long look at the fixture list. Even if on loan.... Boruc is first choice keeper...for January anyway.....by the 31st January, we'll know if it's the right decision.

If that doesn't work ...then going back to one of the other two......would be suicidal ! ........and another keeper would be an absolute..I don't care how many more we've got on the books already.

This brings back memories of the thread I started about Luke Shaw saying he should be in and fox should be dropped!

All you morons that said he was just a kid and not ready etc etc etc and said I was talking ****** etc.

Not exactly the way I remember it going, and if I remember rightly it wasnt necessarily the inclusion of Shaw who I admit has done incredibly well, but then it was a gamble, you couldnt have known a 17 yr old would have been so consistant and Id also like to point out that he is getting more cover then Fox ever did as well as Cork making so much of a difference.

But of course, its because we are all just morons.

I really dont agree with Boruc over Davis though, Davis looks really poor, Boruc I think will be ok with a bit of confidence. But you might be right, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Not exactly the way I remember it going, and if I remember rightly it wasnt necessarily the inclusion of Shaw who I admit has done incredibly well, but then it was a gamble, you couldnt have known a 17 yr old would have been so consistant and Id also like to point out that he is getting more cover then Fox ever did as well as Cork making so much of a difference.

But of course, its because we are all just morons.

I really dont agree with Boruc over Davis though, Davis looks really poor, Boruc I think will be ok with a bit of confidence. But you might be right, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Well actually I did know as I posted it and said he would keep his place and was correct.

I don't think I can afford another infraction, so I'll just say I agree and leave it there. He is a bit of a chopper, to be fair.

Just barny left now! Should be long for the Shepard to round him up!

Its funny as you all love me under my other alias when I'm Paula.

I think ill let you kids play on your own now as once I've put my kids to bed I haven't got time to play with anymore.

Ps. Nice Aviatar Smirking Saint! I assume you think this is Cool!!

A picture says a thousands words!

Night night girls.

I'll remember to quote you on this at the end of the season ;)

The fact that you have been right once doesn't mean that you're always right, and to use that as an argument is very arrogant.

Personal insults is not something that makes your statement any more valid either.

I feel that Boruc will do just great and that he won't cause mistakes that cost us 6 points during this season if he is our first choice goaltender. I'll bet you a fiver on that ;)

All this talk of Boruc being much better in the second half v Arsenal is nonsense. He made a decent save from a shot straight at him from Walcott which an academy keeper would be expected to make, caught a couple of non contested balls, kicked poorly, threw well and otherwise had little to do. Against WHU he made an absolute nonsense of the first goal losing the flight of the ball which went in.

Gazzaniga has been castigated for his misjudgement in trying to pass to Yoshida v Swansea and the free kick v Norwich other than that he has been good including the terrific save v Fulham when we were one down and the nearpost stop v QPR. Boruc has to step up to the plate and be a bloody sight better than he has been to date in the four matches he has played for the club and conceded 10 goals. The Sky commentators described him v WHU as nervous, indecisive, a bad day at the office, glad when it's over, and V Arsenal like trying to catch a bar of soap.

Gazzaniga has played 11 games and conceded 13 goals and we have gained 12 points in 9 games hardly worthy of the criticism heaped on him. I still think he is Adkins No 1 choice and unless Boruc finds the form he is maybe capable of, Gazzaniga will probably be back in as soon as he is 100% fit.

Funny isn't it. Only a few months ago Kelvin should be in the England squad, was better than most keepers in the premier league and miles better than Butland. Anyone who disagreed was shouted down. It was a disgrace he was selected ahead of him. Now people want Butland to replace Davis in our goal and he isn't good enough for the premier league, let alone England.

A few people took that line. The vast majority were grateful to Kelvin , but saw the acquisition of an experienced top level keeper as a 'must'. We failed to get that target and one can only assume it was through lack of intent or complacency.

Whatever the reason, the failure to act has already cost us valuable points and will most likely cost us our premier status !

Well actually I did know as I posted it and said he would keep his place and was correct.

I bow to your superior knowledge, thankfully you put your case forward in such a constructive, intuitive and understanding way.

Seen him play regularly in the prem did you ? Before he started ?

Just barny left now! Should be long for the Shepard to round him up!

Its funny as you all love me under my other alias when I'm Paula.

I think ill let you kids play on your own now as once I've put my kids to bed I haven't got time to play with anymore.

Ps. Nice Aviatar Smirking Saint! I assume you think this is Cool!!

A picture says a thousands words!

Night night girls.

You have kids ?

Hopefully the missus ? Obviously she has the brain cell for the night, along with the humour and personality

All this talk of Boruc being much better in the second half v Arsenal is nonsense. He made a decent save from a shot straight at him from Walcott which an academy keeper would be expected to make, caught a couple of non contested balls, kicked poorly, threw well and otherwise had little to do. Against WHU he made an absolute nonsense of the first goal losing the flight of the ball which went in.

Gazzaniga has been castigated for his misjudgement in trying to pass to Yoshida v Swansea and the free kick v Norwich other than that he has been good including the terrific save v Fulham when we were one down and the nearpost stop v QPR. Boruc has to step up to the plate and be a bloody sight better than he has been to date in the four matches he has played for the club and conceded 10 goals. The Sky commentators described him v WHU as nervous, indecisive, a bad day at the office, glad when it's over, and V Arsenal like trying to catch a bar of soap.

Gazzaniga has played 11 games and conceded 13 goals and we have gained 12 points in 9 games hardly worthy of the criticism heaped on him. I still think he is Adkins No 1 choice and unless Boruc finds the form he is maybe capable of, Gazzaniga will probably be back in as soon as he is 100% fit.

what about where he was dodgy as hell at QPR...you have forgotten that.

he was a mess after the norwich goal too

I'll remember to quote you on this at the end of the season ;)

The fact that you have been right once doesn't mean that you're always right, and to use that as an argument is very arrogant.

Personal insults is not something that makes your statement any more valid either.

I feel that Boruc will do just great and that he won't cause mistakes that cost us 6 points during this season if he is our first choice goaltender. I'll bet you a fiver on that ;)

Ok mate ill take that bet. If borat plays over 20 games this season in cup or league I say he will cost us 6 or more points minimum.

What's classed as a mistake, I never know with you lot.

Give away a pen?

Get sent off?

Generaly poor save that leads to a goal.

Shot he should have got to?

If he doesn't lose us the points you win and I win as I hope he doesn't

But when he does we all lose but you lose more.

£20 to be donated to the saints foundation by the loser and also pay the winners subscription to this **** hole for next season, so we can carry on *****ing like girls

Ok mate ill take that bet. If borat plays over 20 games this season in cup or league I say he will cost us 6 or more points minimum.

What's classed as a mistake, I never know with you lot.

Give away a pen?

Get sent off?

Generaly poor save that leads to a goal.

Shot he should have got to?

If he doesn't lose us the points you win and I win as I hope he doesn't

But when he does we all lose but you lose more.

£20 to be donated to the saints foundation by the loser and also pay the winners subscription to this **** hole for next season, so we can carry on *****ing like girls

Something that directly leads to a goal. Like Gazzas failed save against Norwich, his kick against Swansea, Kelvins bad move vs Fulham that led to their goal.

Stuff like that.