• Davis, S
    • Cork
    • Guly
    • Puncheon
    • Rodriguez
    • Lambert
    • Chaplow
    • Ramirez

I think he hears the call and leaves it/pushes it on. As the camera sticks to Shaw, we can't see what he's doing before the ball in and what he can see, but it's good that he's arriving in that area at that time.

I disagree, it was definitely a dive.

Was also there last night and that it ended up being £47 or there abouts Well Spent in the end tbh and that

I was Pleased to witness Both SRL and Puncheons Goals were Pretty Class too...!!!

At first when Chelsea went 1-0 up I thought to myself that this could be a Spanking which I'm Amazed that

come FT that it wasn't and I still can't believe that we managed to knick a point too and we could have had

All 3 as well at the end But that's Football for you...!!!

I also Loved the Support we gave to the team as well in the game as well as the Chants to John Terry amongst

others which was Funny too as well!!!

Finally a Big mention to the Defence at the end for standing Firm and to get that all important point at the end too!!!

Bring On Everton Monday Now!!! :D

COYR!!! :D

I think some are getting a little carried away with the result, it's just a draw! We have still got 16 games to go and there's only 3points between us and the first relegation place.

It's right to get a bit excited abotu this result.

We've just come back from 2-0 down against the European champions, in their own back yard. I'd say that's enough to get carried away with.

I'll say now that I can't see why we signed Davis. Has he ever made a tackle? His negative ball retention is ok but his dynamism is poor and he has been found wanting several times in the box when presented with real chances. He certainly doesn't pressurise the opposition floating in front of them but never getting tight.

Having said that I was disappointed with the team initially selected, but I can understand the thinking bearing in mind the inability of Chelsea to play well against teams that close ranks. Davis was the weakness because of his loose play. I can understand the solid nine and one up front but by halftime the plan was under pressure. We could easily have gone for it then but It was sensible to give it another fifteen minutes, we needed to contain them and not damage our goal difference.

The substitutions were timed well, Lambert coming on and scoring inside three minutes was unbelievable. What a lift that gave the team and made them believe that they could compete. Adding Chaplow was a surprise and he did well giving us something Davis lacked. Ramirez added quality at a vital time and within a minute we were level. The changes were much more dynamic and gave Chelsea problems so in the end it was ten minutes of Hail Mary balls into the box, glad it wasn't Stoke.

I think it was a hell of a good performance all round, Guly put in a good shift but his A game wasn't there last night. Rodriguez worked his socks off and will benefit and gain confidence the more he plays, it couldn't have been easy for him. Getting the ball forward quickly broke Chelsea down for both our goals but I'm not sure we would have been in that position if we had played a more open team.

I think it is crying out for a dominant midfielder to play in the five across the middle to give us more resilience, Davis can't do that job.

Great result with our free game.

I'll say now that I can't see why we signed Davis. Has he ever made a tackle? His negative ball retention is ok but his dynamism is poor and he has been found wanting several times in the box when presented with real chances. He certainly doesn't pressurise the opposition floating in front of them but never getting tight.

Having said that I was disappointed with the team initially selected, but I can understand the thinking bearing in mind the inability of Chelsea to play well against teams that close ranks. Davis was the weakness because of his loose play. I can understand the solid nine and one up front but by halftime the plan was under pressure. We could easily have gone for it then but It was sensible to give it another fifteen minutes, we needed to contain them and not damage our goal difference.

The substitutions were timed well, Lambert coming on and scoring inside three minutes was unbelievable. What a lift that gave the team and made them believe that they could compete. Adding Chaplow was a surprise and he did well giving us something Davis lacked. Ramirez added quality at a vital time and within a minute we were level. The changes were much more dynamic and gave Chelsea problems so in the end it was ten minutes of Hail Mary balls into the box, glad it wasn't Stoke.

I think it was a hell of a good performance all round, Guly put in a good shift but his A game wasn't there last night. Rodriguez worked his socks off and will benefit and gain confidence the more he plays, it couldn't have been easy for him. Getting the ball forward quickly broke Chelsea down for both our goals but I'm not sure we would have been in that position if we had played a more open team.

I think it is crying out for a dominant midfielder to play in the five across the middle to give us more resilience, Davis can't do that job.

Great result with our free game.

Agree - I think Chaplow made a good case for putting himself higher in the pecking order than Davis for the "gritty midfielder" role

Reading the match report in the Grauniad, which is a bit something and nothing regarding Saints (concentrating mostly on Chelsea), but there are a lot of compliments from neutrals in the comments, which is very pleasing to see.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/16/chelsea-southampton-premier-league

'southampton are a very decent side that play very nice football. Lambert and puncheon are just class as is the chelsea fan at left back'

'at least one chelsea fan was happy last night..his performance was great as was his run and cross for their equaliser'

feel rather uncertain about their future......they can buy almost any player they want, yet are going to release three of their best (Cole, Lampard and Terry). Something I think Abramhamovic may regret....

...but I think the real problem will be WHO they will have as manager for the " new look" Chelsea side...... as they've already....had /sacked ....some of the best managers around.. who is left ?

I agree with that and Adkins said as much in his post match interview but didn't single Davis out. There was a moment in the first half when he robbed someone of the ball and JRod was on his bike on the outside of their narrow back like and a good pass would have put him in, he went backwards. Happened a couple of times. I can see the benefits of playing the experienced midfielder away at Chelsea but JWP would be more willing to get his foot in like Cork and attempt a pass like Morgan.

If Adkins chooses to play three in the middle at Old Trafford I'd like it to be JWP who slots in, but then again United would be the one team away from home that he might choose to attack, given their dodgy defensive record!

'southampton are a very decent side that play very nice football. Lambert and puncheon are just class as is the chelsea fan at left back'

'at least one chelsea fan was happy last night..his performance was great as was his run and cross for their equaliser'

I particularly liked...

'Although I'm a Newcastle fan and we look like fighting relegation with Southampton, but I hope they stay up because I like Adkins, I think he's a nice guy and the football Southampton play melts my heart, so good luck to them and I hope we survive with Southampton at the end of the season.'

I particularly liked...

'Although I'm a Newcastle fan and we look like fighting relegation with Southampton, but I hope they stay up because I like Adkins, I think he's a nice guy and the football Southampton play melts my heart, so good luck to them and I hope we survive with Southampton at the end of the season.'

Who was that? Mr.A.Pardew?

It's right to get a bit excited abotu this result.

We've just come back from 2-0 down against the European champions, in their own back yard. I'd say that's enough to get carried away with.

Who also lost to QPR at home! Getting carried away with a draw .... jesus christ!

Who also lost to QPR at home! Getting carried away with a draw .... jesus christ!

sorry the team only managed to get a draw against a bunch of nobodies (can't even rmb what they won last season, must have been a **** trophy) and not push on for all 3 points for you. we are so poor we could not even beat a team who are clearly beneath us, i mean they lost to qpr at home! i am with you in dismay and will now have 3 days of mourning after what must be one of the poorest result in Southampton FC's history. NA OUT NC OUT SUNRISE THE SAVIOR IN

And as Gordon Watson goes to every game (and is a friend of mine) I would trust what he says!

Gordon was a very wholehearted player who always gave his all and I respect that in him.

However, that doesn't mean that his opinion necessarily has any more validity, or carries any more weight than anybody else's. Neither does your claimed friendship with him lend any more weight to your opinion. Sorry.

Gordon was a very wholehearted player who always gave his all and I respect that in him.

However, that doesn't mean that his opinion necessarily has any more validity, or carries any more weight than anybody else's. Neither does your claimed friendship with him lend any more weight to your opinion. Sorry.

Never said it did. Not that much of a friendship really more of an acquaintance. My opinions have nothing to do with flash he is very much his own man. The club thinks his opinion is important though seeing as they offered him a job in the summer.